GS 2: e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential
- In the recently held 37th PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation) meet, eight projects and one scheme—One Nation – One Ration Card’ (ONORC)—was reviewed.
- Among the eight projects, three projects each were from the Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and two projects were from the Ministry of Power.
- One Nation – One Ration Card’ (ONORC) was also reviewed and officials were asked to ensure the penetration of the scheme to the grassroot level.
- The projects worth Rs 1,26,000 crore and encompassing 14 states were reviewed.
About PRAGATI platform
- PRAGATI platform is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States) launched in 2015.
- It is a robust system for bringing e-transparency and e-accountability with real-time presence and exchange among the key stakeholders.
- PRAGATI platform has been designed in-house by the PMO team with the help of National Informatics Center (NIC).
- It enables the Prime Minister to interact with the Government of India Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries through Video-conferencing enabled by data and geo-informatics visuals.
- It is held once in every month on Fourth Wednesday at 3.30 PM, also known as PRAGATI Day.
- Issues to be flagged before the PM are picked up from the available database regarding Public Grievances, on-going Programmes and pending projects.
- PRAGATI platform provides an interface and platform for CPGRAMS for grievances, Project Monitoring Group (PMG) and the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- It also takes into consideration various correspondences to PM’s office by the common people.
- Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries will be able to see the issues pertaining to their Department /State.
- One day – Tuesday is available to the PMO team to review the data entered by the Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries.
- The design of PRAGATI platform is such, that when PM reviews the issue he should have on his screen the issue as well as the latest updates and visuals regarding the same.