UGC NET 2019 Exam Shifts:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions (All Are Compulsory)||Duration (First Shift)||Duration (Second Shift)|
|I||100||50||03 hours (09:30 am to 12:30 pm)||03 hours (02:30 pm to 05:30 pm)|
(i) Mode of Examination: The Examination shall be conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT) only. Wherever Online Examination has been used elsewhere in this booklet, it means CBT.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||MCQ||Total duration|
|I||100||50||The questions will be generic in nature, intending to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.||
03 hours without any break.
All the questions will be compulsory.
|II||200||100||This will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.|
Highlights of the UGC NET 2019:
The Overall Level of the NTA UGC NET Exam on 2nd December 2019 is Easy to moderate.
(a) Paper I: Easy- Moderate
(b) Paper II: Moderate- Difficult
|1||General English & Communications||Unseen Passage||Easy|
|2||Reasoning||Blood relation Syllogism, Deductive and inductive, Perception, Coding-Decoding, Assertion||Easy – Moderate|
|3||Mathematics||Simple interest, compound interest, ratio & proportion, profit & loss, Number System||Easy – Moderate|
|4||People, Development and Environment||Environment based issues||Easy|
|5||Teaching Aptitude & Higher Education System||Type of learning, Factor affecting Teaching, Classroom Environment||Easy – Moderate|
|6||Research Aptitude||Hypothesis, Case study, position paper||Moderate|
|7||Computer (ICT)||Basic Computer, memory based questions||Easy|
|8||Subject Concerned (Psychology)||Statistics, Normal distribution curve, learning theory based, application based, ANOVA test, Expression & Emotions, Behaviorism, Psychologist Statement Based Questions,||Moderate-Difficult|
Topics Asked In Today’s Exam:
- General English & Communication: Comprehension, Grammar(3-4 Questions)
- Reasoning: Logical reasoning(3 ques), Blood relation(1 Ques), Syllogism(1 Ques), Deductive and inductive(2-3 Ques), Perception(1 Ques), Coding-Decoding(2 Ques), Assertion(2-3 ques)
- Mathematics: data interpretations(4-5 Ques), Percentage, Ratio and proportion, Numerical series, S.I and C.I
- ICT(Computer): Memory related ques(3-4 ques)
- Teaching Aptitude and Higher Education System: Type of learning, factors affecting teaching(2-3 Ques), Communication(2 Ques), Research aptitude(6-7 Ques)
- People, Development and Environment: Government Scheme(3-4 Ques), Montreal protocol, Agreements, Climate.