NTA (national testing agency) has decided to futher extend the last date of UGC NET 2020 exam online application form from 31st may 2020 To 30 June 2020 (extended). The application process for UGC NET(National Eligibility Test) is to select eligible students for the post of Assistant Professor and/or JRF, Junior Research Fellowship award in Indian universities and colleges is started from 16th March to 15 June 2020(then its further extended to 30 June2020). Due to current pandemic situation, the detailed schedule regarding revised schedule of admit card downlaod & exam date will be released soon on the official website @https://nta.ac.in/.
UGC NET 2020 Important Schedule:
|Online Submission of Application Form||16 March – 16 April 2020(Extended to 16th May 2020).|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking/Paytm||17 April 2020 (Extended to 30 June 2020 upto 11:50 PM).|
|Fee Payable by Candidates||General/Unreserved||Rs. 1000/-|
|Gen-EWS*/ OBC-NCL**||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 250/-|
|Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
|Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only||18 April to 24 April 2020(will be notified later)|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||15th May 2020(will be notified later)|
|Dates of Examination||15 June 2020 to 20 June 2020)|
|Duration of Examination||180 minutes (03 hours) No break between Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Timing of Examination||First Shift: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm|
|Second Shift: 02.30 pm to 05.30 pm|
|Centre, Date and Shift for Candidates||As indicated on Admit Card|
|Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys||To be announced later on website|
|Declaration of Result on NTA website||5th July 2020|
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility
Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying master’s degree (Final year) examination and whose result is still awaited can appear in the UGC NET June 2020 Examination.
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/ institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc.are eligible for this Test.
For Reserved Category: The Other Backward Classes(OBC)/ Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
UGC NET 2020 Age Limit
- No maximum age limit is prescribed for Lectureship or Asst. Professorship.
- For Junior Research Fellowship; the maximum age limit will be 30 years
Relaxation: A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Noncreamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on the website: www.ncbc.nic.in) SC/ST/PWD/Transgender categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates with research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on the production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates with L.L.M. Degree.
- A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held.
- Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
|Fee Payable by Candidates||General/Unreserved||Gen-EWS(Economically Weaker Sections )/ OBC-NCL (Non Creamy Layer)||SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender|
|Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
Point to be remember while filling the Form:
- Candidates can submit the application form in online mode on the official website only. UGC NET applications submitted in any other mode will not be accepted.
- One e-mail address and one Mobile Number are valid for one application only .
- Candidates must enter their email ID and mobile number in the application form correctly as all the important communication regarding the exam will be done by NTA through email or SMS.
- All the four steps of the application process (registration, application form filling, uploading of photo and signature, and application fee payment) can be done at the same time or later.
- Candidates do not need to upload any document other than scanned photo and signature in the application form.
- In case, the confirmation page is not generated after the payment of application fee, this means that the transaction has been cancelled. In such cases, amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate has to make another transaction of fee payment.
- Candidates must download the copy of the confirmation page for future reference
How To Fill UGC NET 2020 Online Application Form 2020?
Step I: Registration Page
Fill in the basic information and note down the system generated Application No.
(i) Candidate’s Name/ Mother’s Name/ Father’s Name as given in the Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/University Certificate in capital letters
(ii) Date of Birth in dd/mm/yyyy format as mentioned in Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University certificate.
(iii) Mobile Number and e-mail Address – Candidates must provide own Mobile Number and e-mail address.
Note: Only one e-mail address and one Mobile Number are valid for one application.
Step II: Fill in the complete Application Form:
(a) The applicant fill all the required credentials in the form.
- Personal information: includes, name, gender, parents’ name, mobile number, email address, date of birth, etc.
- Permanent address : includes address, pin code, state code district etc.
- Educational Qualification: the applicant required to fill the details of educational qualification which includes Name of the Course, Name of the College, Year of Passing, percentage of marks required etc.
- -After all the details are filled, candidates need to click on the “Next” button.
Step III: Uploading of scanned images & Signature
- Candidate’s Photograph & Signature should be in JPG/JPEG format only
- The size of the scanned image of the photograph should be in between 10kb to 200kb.The photograph need not be attested.
- The size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb .The candidate should put his full signature in running hand writing on white paper with Black Ink pen and scan for uploading.
Step IV : Payment of Fee and Status of receipt of Online Application Form with Fee. Make payment of fee through SBI /Syndicate/HDFC /ICICI Payment Gateway (Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking/Paytm) and keep proof of fee paid.
Download save and print copy of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee for your record and future reference.
(b) All the steps for submission of Online Application Form, Uploading of Candidate’s photograph, Candidate’s signature, Payment of fee and Printing of Confirmation Page can also be done separately.
(c) Once finally submitted, particulars in certain specific fields may be changed only during correction window.
Note: The application particulars entered can be edited before final submission of the Application Form.