UGC Exam Guidelines 2020: The University grant commission (UGC) has released some set of guidelines that colleges and universities need to follow for the new academic session i.e. 2020-21 session. The UGC guidelines has been prepared to keep in mind the safety measure which needs to be followed even after the lockdown lifts to ensure maximum safety.
ln view of the Covid-l9 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, colleges, and university semester exams have been delayed and these new guidelines along with the revised academic calendar will help restart the operations of higher educational institutions.
Highlights Of the UGC Exam Guidelines 2020:
1. The new academic session for old students will start from 1st Aug 2020 while for the fresher students it will start on 1st September 2020.
2. The Pending terminal semester exam will be held between July & August 2020.
3. Universities and Colleges are also advised to follow a 6-day week plan to cover the loss of studies.
4.UGC also advised to reduce the duration of examination and colleges can assess students using different methods other than a term-end exam like MCQ/OMR based examination, Open Book Examination, Open Choices, assignment/presentation based assessment, etc.
5. The duration of the examination can also be reduced from 3 hours to 2 hours. Due to this university takes the examination in the multiple shifts on one day to complete the examination process on time.
6. If any case the situation does not appear normal in the view of COVID19, Universities may grade students by giving “50% marks on the basis of the pattern of internal evaluation and the remaining 50% marks can be awarded on the basis of performance in previous semester only.
7. Universities are advised to set up virtual laboratories to perform practical experiments and complete the laboratory assignments.
8.Also set up the virtual classroom along with the video conferencing facility and provided proper training to facilitate digital learning.
9. About 25% of the overall syllabus to be completed using e-learning platforms, rest 75% of the syllabus to be covered in a face-to-face classroom learning model
10 Extension of the 6 month period to the Ph.D. and MPhil students.
UGC Academic Calendar 2020-21
The UGC Guidelines are advisory in nature, covering important dimensions related to examinations, academic calendar,admissions, online teaching-learning and provide flexibility for adoption by the universities. The universities may adopt/adapt and implement these Guidelines uniformly in a transparent manner
|1.||Admission Process||01.08.2020 to 31.08.2020|
|2.||Commencement of classes||01.08.2020 to 01.09.2020|
|3.||Conduct Of Examination||01.0.2021 to 25.01.2021|
|4.||Dispersal Of Classes||25.05.2021|
|5.||Conduct Of Examination||26.05.2021 to 25.06.2021|
|6.||Summer Vacation||01.07.2021 to 30.07.2021|
|7.||Commencement of Next Academic Session||02.08.2021|
UGC Exam Guidelines For Academic Year 2020-21
You May Also Like To Read:
- UGC NET 2020: Online Application Form Exam Dates, Eligibility & Cut OFF
- How To Fill UGC NET Online Application Form 2020?
- UGC NET Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020
- Strategy for UGC NET 2020 Paper 1 | Important Tips