A teacher is the only profession that set the base of our future. As a teacher, it becomes their responsibility to provide students with proper guidance and knowledge. Teaching has been the most respected and dedicated profile among all other professions. These days, the selection procedure for a teacher is quite more precise and more efforts are put in so that only eligible candidates are selected for the post.
Government Teacher Along with TET
The teaching profession has always been a booming field with a lot of vacancies in the government and Private sector. As there are many big educational institutions i.e. KVS, DSSSB, NVS, APS, NCERT, MP Vyapam, CG Vyapam etc. KVS has released more than 8000+ teaching vacancies last year and DSSSB had released more than 12000+ teaching vacancies this year. So many teaching vacancies are lined up this year.
There are some courses decided by the Central Government that are necessary for candidates who want to pursue teaching as a profession along with qualification in TET exam. As the minimum eligibility for a government teacher is a 10+2/Graduate degree in any of the disciplines, however, a degree is not sufficient for the candidates to apply for teaching jobs until he/she has pursued B.Ed, BTC, NTT or any degree course mentioned below along with the graduation degree and TET qualified exam. Candidate required to complete professional degree to qualify for applying in teaching jobs. The following teaching professions are given below :
List of Professional Educational Courses
- B.Ed or Bachelor of Education – This is a 2-year duration course which is the most common course opted by thousands of candidates for getting into the profession of government teaching. After completing this course along with TET qualification candidates can be eligible for teaching jobs in primary, upper primary and higher school level classes.
- N.T.T or Nursery Teacher Training – Another course which a candidate can choose to look forward to attaining job profile for a government teacher. For applying in this course, the candidates must have passed the 12th (senior secondary) class with 50% aggregate marks. The age of the candidate should be in between 18 to 30 years. After appearing for this course, the candidates will become eligible for teaching jobs in primary levels in government schools.
- B.T.C or Basic Training Certificate – BTC course is another popular course which candidates look after their graduation for getting into teaching as a career. This course is only meant for candidates belonging to Uttar Pradesh and only they can apply for this course. On completing this course and TET qualification, the candidates are eligible for teaching jobs in primary and upper primary schools for government schools in India.
- B.El.Ed – B.El.Ed full name is Bachelor of Elementary Education. The minimum eligibility criteria is 10 + 2 with atleast 50 % marks as well as have scored minimum pass marks in each of the four subjects. The course time for Bachelor of Elementary Education is 4 yrs.After completing this course candidates are eligible for teaching jobs in primary and upper primary classes in government schools.
- J.T.B or Junior Teacher Training – The candidates who want to be a government teacher can also opt this course to be eligible for the post. The candidate for applying for Junior Teacher Training must be 12th pass for eligibility to this course. After completing this course candidates are eligible for teaching jobs in primary classes in government schools. With this qualified course and TET exam, the candidate can apply for the teaching post.
- B.P.Ed or Bachelor in Physical Education – Nowadays there are lots of opportunities for physical education teachers in government schools but they have to opt for this course along with graduation. The candidates who have pursued their 12th class with Physical Education as an additional subject can apply for this course. The eligibility criteria for applying for this course is a graduation degree in any disciplines.
- D.Ed or Diploma in Education – Candidates can also choose this course for becoming a government teacher in primary and higher-level schools. It is a two-year duration certificate-level course which candidates opt for getting a primary teacher job in many states. The candidate must have passed senior secondary education to opt this course, which further makes them eligible to appear for the post of teacher in a government school.
For Better Preparation:
Besides all these courses, TET/STET is the minimum eligibility criteria to get a teaching job profile in government schools. The candidate must opt for the eligibility criteria before applying for the teaching profession. Any candidate who does not follow these mandatory eligibility criteria, will not be selected for the teaching post. After completing the courses described above (as per your post), the candidate who wants to become a teacher must look forward to qualifying TET exam.
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Exam
TET or Teacher Eligibility Test is the mandatory eligibility test which a candidate has to qualify when they are choosing teaching as their career in government schools. The candidate can appear for the Central Teaching Eligibility Test or State Teacher Eligibility Test once they have completed their graduation or post-graduation studies along with one or more of the courses described above.