1. In which type of rocks are coal and petroleum found?
2. Which of the following regions of the world is most thickly populated?
A. East Asia
B. South Asia
C. North-West Europe
D. North and South America
3. What approximately is the percentage of the world population concentrated in Asia?
4. The mapping of which of the following is most difficult?
B. Plateaus and Plains
C. Interior of the Earth
D. Oceans and their depth
5. The deepest mine in the world (about 4 km deep) is in the Continent of
C. North America
D. South America
6. Jaina Hill is located in which of the following Indian State?
B. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
7. South Pacific island nation Samoa, positioned to the east of the International Date Line, on May 2011 decided to forego a day and shift of the time zone on its west. The reason for this shifting is to
A. facilitate trade with Australia and New Zealand
B. facilitate smooth internal administration throughout the country
C. attain political stability in the country
D. promote tourism industry in the country
8. Which one among the following is not an important factor of climate of an area?
D. Distance from the sea
9. The broken hills famous for zinc and lead are located in
10. Kanha National Park belongs to which one among the following biogeographical areas in the world?
A. Tropical Moist Forests
B. Tropical Sub-humid Forests
C. Tropical Humid Forests
D. Tropical Dry Forests