Dear Readers, Everything that studies our society and the way we interact with each other in it, is a social science.This section NOT ONLY comes CTET Exam 2018 but also come in other TET Exam also i.e UPTET Exam 2018, PTET Exam 2018 & DSSSB Exam 2018 etc. So, we will provide you the questions which will help you in preparing for Exam.
Q1. Amir Khusrau played a pioneer role in the development of –
(a) Khari Boli
Q2. Amir Khusrau was born at:
Q3. Sheikh Nizamuddin Auliya was the disciple of –
(a) Sheikh Alauddin Sabir
(b) Sheikh Ahmed Sirhindi
(c) Baba Farid
(d) Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti
Q4. The Sufi Saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti came to Rajasthan during the reign of –
(a) Maharana Pratap
(b) Rana Sanga
(c) Rana Kumbha
(d) Prithviraj Chauhan
Q5. Who was known as Tuti-e-Hindustan (the Parrot of India)?
(a) Amir Khusrau
(b) Roy Vanmal
(c) Malik Mohammad Jayasi
(d) Purandar Khan
Q6. With reference to Sufism in India history, consider the following statements:
1. Shaikh Ahmed Sirhindi was a contemporary of Ibrahim Lodi.
2. Shaikh Nasiruddin Chirag–i–Dehlavias a disciple of Shaikh Nizamuddin Auliya.
3. Aurangzeb was a contemporary of Shaikh Salim chisti:
4. The Qadiriorder of Sufis was first introduced in India by Shaikh Naimtullah and Makhdum Muhammad Jilani.
Which of these statements are correct?
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 1 and 3
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 2 and 4
Q7. Consider the following statements:
1. ‘Kitab–i–Nauras’,a collection of songs in praise of Hindu deities and Muslim saints, was written by Ibrahim
2. Amir Khusrau was the originator in India of the early from of the musical style known as Qawwali.
Which of these statements is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Q8. With reference of the religious history of medieval India, the Sufi mystics were known to pursue which of the following practices?
1. Meditation and control of breath
2. Severe ascetic exercise in a lonely place
3. Recitation of holy songs to arouse a state of ecstasy
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Q9. Who is believed to have created the raga Miyan Ki Malhar?
(b) Baiju Bawara
(c) Amir Khusrau
(d) Swami Haridasa
Q10. Mughal presence in the Red Fort ceased with the fall of–
(b) Muhammad Shah
(c) Shah Alam
(d) Bahadur Shah ‘Zafar’