General Awareness is one of the sections students need to prepare for DSSSB 2021 examination. It’s time for all the aspirants aiming to get selected in DSSSB to face the challenge and prepare General Awareness, as it is equally important as Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English and Computers section for these Exams.
National Sports Awards
National Sports Awards were announced by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. The awards were recommended by the Selection Committee headed by Justice (Retd.) Mukundakam Sharma and after due scrutiny, the Government has decided to confer awards upon the deserving sports persons, coaches and entities under various categories.
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award:
- The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award was instituted by the Government of India in 1991 – 92.
- The first recipient of the award was Chess Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand, who was honoured for the performance in the year 1991–92.
- It is conferred on sportspersons for spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sports for over a period of four years.
- Cricketer Rohit Sharma, Para-Athlete Mariyappan Thangavelu, Table Tennis player Manika Batra, Wrestler Vinesh Phogat and Indian Women’s Hockey team captain Rani Rampal will receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2020.
Are You Preparing For DSSSB Exam? Grab This Opportunity Now.. ENROLL NOW
Arjuna Award :
- The Arjuna Awards were instituted in 1961
- 27 sportspersons have been selected for the Arjuna Award 2020 for consistent outstanding performance for four years. They are Archer Atanu Das, Athlete Dutee Chand, Shuttlers Satwik Sairaj Rankireddy and Chirag C Shetty, Basketball player Vishesh Bhriguvanshi, Boxers Subedar Manish Kaushik and Lovlina Borgohain, Cricketer Ishant Sharma and Deepti Sharma, Equestrian player Sawant Ajay Anant, Footballer Sandesh Jhingan, Golfer Aditi Ashok, Hockey players Akashdeep Singh and Deepika, Kabaddi player Deepak, Kho Kho player Kale Sarika Sudhakar, Rower Dattu Baban Bhokanal, Shooter Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary, Table Tennis player Madhurika Suhas Patkar, Tennis player Divij Sharan, Winter Sports player Shiva Keshavan, Wrestlers Divya Kakran and Rahul Aware, Para Swimmer Suyash Narayan Jadhav, Para Athlete Sandeep and Para Shooter Manish Narwal.
- It was instituted in 1985.
- It is awarded to coaches for producing medal winners at International sports events.
- In Life-Time Category, Dronacharya Award will be given to Dharmendra Tiwary for Archery, Purushotham Rai for Athletics, Shiv Singh for Boxing, Romesh Pathania for Hockey, Krishan Kumar Hooda for Kabaddi, Vijay Bhalchandra Munishwar for Para Powerlifting, Naresh Kumar for Tennis and Om Parkash Dahiya for Wrestling
- In Regular Category, Dronacharya Award will be given to Jude Felix Sebastian for Hockey, Yogesh Malviya for Mallakhamb, Jaspal Rana for Shooting, Kuldeep Kumar Handoo for Wushu and Gaurav Khanna for Para Badminton.
Dhyan Chand Award:
- The award is named after Dhyan Chand (1905–79), an Indian field hockey player who scored more than 1000 goals during a career which spanned over 20 years from 1926 to 1948. It was instituted in 2002.
- It will be given to Kuldip Singh Bhullar and Jincy Philips for Athletics, Pradeep Shrikrishna Gandhe and Trupti Murgunde for Badminton, N. Usha and Lakha Singh for Boxing, Sukhvinder Singh Sandhu for Football, Ajit Singh for Hockey, Manpreet Singh for Kabaddi, J. Ranjith Kumar for Para Athletics, Satyaprakash Tiwari for Para Badminton, Manjeet Singh for Rowing, Nandan P Bal for Tennis, and Netarpal Hooda for Wrestling. Late Sachin Nag will be confered the award for swimming.
Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award
- It recognises the spirit of adventure among the people of the country.
- It will be given to Anita Devi, Col. Sarfraz Singh, Taka Tamut, Narender Singh and Keval Hiren Kakka in Land Adventure category.
- Satendra Singh will get the award in Water Adventure categoty and Gajanand Yadava will get it in the Air Adventure category.
- Late Magan Bissa will be confered the award in Life Time Achievement category.
Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar:
- Lakshya Institute and Army Sports Institute will be honoured with the award for identification and nurturing of budding and young Talent.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, ONGC Limited will be honoured with the award for encouragement to sports through Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Air Force Sports Control Board will be honoured with the award for employment of sportspersons and sports welfare measures.
- International Institute of Sports Management, IISM, will get the award for Sports for Development.
The awardees will receive their awards from the President Ram Nath Kovind at a specially organized function through virtual mode from Rashtrapati Bhawan on 29th August 2020 which is National Sports Day. It coincides with the birthday of legendary hockey Olympian, Dhyan Chand.