1. The Mughal emperor___________was illiterate.
2. When did India attain the ‘Dominion Status’?
(a) 15th January, 1947
(b) 15th August, 1947
(c) 15th August, 1950
(d) 15th October, 1947
3. Which of the following countries did Karl Marx belong to?
4. The origin of the term ‘Caste’ is
5. What is a formalised system of trading agreements among groups of countries is known as?
(a) Trading blocks
(b) Trade ventures
(c) Trade partners
(d) Trade organizations
6. The main constituents of pearls are
A. calcium oxide and ammonium chloride
B. calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate
C. aragonite and conchiolin
D. ammonium sulphate and sodium carbonate
7. Amalgams are
A. highly coloured alloys
B. alloys which contain mercury as one of the contents
C. alloys which have great resistance to abrasion
D. alloys which contain carbon
8. Which of the following is the lightest metal?
9. Which metal pollute the air of a big city?
10. Bell metal is an alloy of
A. nickel and copper
B. zinc and copper
C. brass and nickel
D. tin and copper