1. Which of the following instrument is used to measure Soil Water Tension?
2. What is the SI unit of Force?
3. Which one of the following is a bad Thermal Conductor?
4. Which of the following stores data permanently in a computer?
(b) Cache Memory
5. Rusting is _____.
6. Which amongst the following is not a Cation?
(a) Aluminium ion
(b) Copper ion
(c) Sulphate ion
(d) Zinc ion
7. Which of the following is not a component of Smog?
(a) Volatile organic compounds
(b) Nitrogen Oxide
(c) Sulphur dioxide
(d) Chlorine oxide
8. NITI Aayog has been formed to replace which of the following institution?
(a) Planning Commission
(c) Department of Telecommunications (DoT)
(d) Department of Information Technology
9. Who invented ﬁrst working laser?
(a) A. H. Taylor
(b) W. K. Roentgen
(c) T. H. Maiman
(d) Fred Morrission
10. Which of the following venue hosted its ﬁrst ever test match on 9th November, 2016 which was played between India and England?
(a) JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
(b) Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
(c) Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamshala
(d) Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
1. (d); A tensiometer in soil science is a measuring instrument used to determine the Soil water tension.Such tensiometers are used in irrigation scheduling to help farmers and other irrigation managers to determine when to water. It can also be used in the scientific study of soils and plants.
2. (c); The SI unit of Force is Newton. One Newton is equal to 1 kilogram meter per second squared.
3. (c); Glass is bad thermal conductor and is a good insulator.It has tightly held electrons which did not allow heat to flow through it.
4. (d); Read-only memory (ROM) is a type of non-volatile memory used in computers and other electronic devices. Data stored in ROM can only be modified slowly, with difficulty, or not at all.So it stores data permanently in computer.
5. (c); Redox reaction is the reaction in which oxidation and reduction occurs simultaneously. Rust of iron is nothing but hydrate of iron oxide and iron (III) oxide -hydroxide.
6. (c); A cation is a positively-charged ion, while an anion is negatively charged. Sulphate is an anion .
7. (d); Smog is a type of air pollutant. It is composed of nitrogen oxides, sulphur oxides, ozone, smoke or particulates among others (less visible pollutants include carbon monoxide, CFCs and radioactive sources).
9. (c); LASER(LIGHT AMPLIFICATION BY STIMULATED EMMISSION OF RADIATION)is a device that emits light through a process of optical amplification based on the stimulated emission of electromagnetic radiation. The first laser was built in 1960 by Theodore H. Maiman.
10. (b); Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, also known as the Khandheri Cricket Stadium, is a cricket stadium in Rajkot, India. It is Gujarat’s first solar powered stadium. On 9 November 2016, the stadium hosted its first ever Test match, which was played between England and India.