Directions (1-2): In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
1. My best wishes (a)/ are always (b)/ with you. (c)/ No error (d)
2. This year, we were visited by the director of Austrian Culture Forum, (a)/ based on Delhi and together we all wanted (b)/ to initiate an art festival in South India. (c)/ No error (d)
Directions (3-4): In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
3. Ramesh ______ into his own trap.
(b) was fell
(d) fall down
4. India is the second most popular country ______ the seventh largest country by area in the world.
Directions (5-8): In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
9. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.
The government should
P : provide health insurance
Q : to buy their own
R : for those unable
10. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.
Someone has invited me to the cruise.
(a) Someone has sent invitation to the cruise.
(b) I had been invited to the cruise.
(c) I have been invited to the cruise.
(d) I was invite to the cruise by somebody.
S1. Ans (d)
Sol. No error
S2. Ans (b)
Sol. “on” should be replaced with “in”
S3. Ans (c)
S4. Ans (c)
S5. Ans (b)
Sol. Lucrative- producing a great deal of profit.
Worthwhile – worth the time, money, or effort spent; of value or importance.
S6. Ans (b)
Sol. Actuate- set in motion
S7. Ans (a)
Sol. Jubilant- Very happy
S8. Ans (b)
Sol. Courtly- very polite or refined, as befitting a royal court.
S9. Ans (d)
S10. Ans (c)