Directions (Q. 1–5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Eight friends A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circular table for playing a game. Four of them A, B, E and F are not facing the centre. D is third to the left of H, who is fourth to the right of E. A is third to the right of B, who is third to the left of D. F is second to the left of C.
1. How many persons sit between A and B (if the counting start from B in CW direction)?
2. Who among the following sits third to the left of E?
3. What is the position of G with respect to F?
1) Third to the right
2) Third to the left
3) Second to the right
4) Cannot be determined
4. Who among the following is the neighbour of F and C?
5. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Find the one that does not belong to that group.
Directions (Q. 6 – 10): Study the following arrangement carefully and answer the questions given below:
A 5 6 # C @ 7 P L E T Q S B 4 $ 3 Z Y H 2 8 C 1 M U I %
6. How many such consonants are there in the above arrangement each of which is immediately preceded by a consonants and immediately followed by a vowel?
7. Which of the following is the fourth to the left of the tenth from the right end of the above arrangement?
8. How many such numbers are there in the above arrangement each of which is immediately preceded by a consonant?
9. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their positions in the above arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
1) $ Y 2
2) A # @
3) C U %
4) T B Q
10. If all the symbols and numbers from the above arrangement are dropped, which of the following will be tenth from the left end of the above arrangement?
Ans.7. 2; Fourth to the left of tenth from the right end (10 + 4) = 14 th from the right end i.e. –4