Directions (Q. 1-5): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow:
In the figure shown below circle represents the people who study English, square represents the people who study Maths and triangle represents the people who study Reasoning.
1. In which of the following groups are the students studying all the three subjects included?
2. Which of the following is NOT represented in the above diagram?
1) The students who study English, Reasoning as well as Maths.
2) The students who study Reasoning and English but not Maths
3) The students who do not study any of the three subjects.
4) The students who study English but not Maths and Reasoning.
3. If a lecture is being attended by students from group Q and group U together, on which of the following subjects could the lecture be?
1) Reasoning or English
2) Only Reasoning
3) Only English
4) Maths, Reasoning or English
4. Which of the following correctly represents the students studying both Maths and Reasoning but not English?
1) Only R
2) R and S
3) R, S and U
4) Only S
5. Which of the following groups represents the students who do not study Reasoning?
1) T and U
2) Only P
3) P, R and T
4) P and T
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow:
(i) K, L, M, N, O, P and Q are sitting along a circular table facing the centre.
(ii) L sits between N and O.
(iii) K is third to the left of O.
(iv) Q is second to the left of M, who is to the immediate left of P.
6. Which of the following pairs has the first person sitting to the immediate left of the second person ?
7. Which is the correct position of L with respect to Q ?
1) Second to the right
2) First to the left
3) First to the right
4) Third to the right
8. Which of the following has the middle person sitting between the other two ?
9. Who sits, second to the left of L?
10. Who sits between M and Q?
Sol. 1. 3
R represents (1); U (2); T(4); and S(5).
But no box represents (3).
On the basis of the information given in the question we have the following arrangement:
L is sitting immediate left of the N.
The correct position of L with respect to Q is ‘second
to the left’ and ‘fifth to the right’.
M is sitting between P and K.
P sits second to the left of L.
K sits between M and Q