Q1. The practice of sati was banned in the year _________
Q2.A widow home was established at Poona by _________
(a) Tarabai Shinde
(b) Pandita Ramabai
(c) Mumtaz Ali
(d) Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain
Q3.Periyar founded __________
(a)Temple Entry Movement
(b) Paramhans Mandali
(c) Dalit Movement
(d) Self Respect Movement
Q4.Indian society during the eighteenth century was divided along ________ and caste lines.
Q5. The most vacal opponent of sati was _______
(a)Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar
(b) Mahatma Phule
(c) Raja Rammohun Roy
(d) Swami Dayanad Saraswati
Q6.The Hindu Windows Remarriage Act was passed in _______
Q7.The Child Marriage Restraint Act was passed in ________
Q8. Which amongst the following is/are correct?
1. Indian society during nineteenth century was marred by religious superstitions and social obscurantism.
2. Social conditions of women were good but some vices like sati, child marriage prevailed in the society
3. Raja Ram Mohan said “Sati is murder according to every shastra”.
4. People at lower ladder of the society were called untouchables, who formed about 20 percent of population.
(a)Only 1 and 3 are correct
(b) 1, 2, 3 are correct
(c) All are correct
(d) Only 2 is incorrect
Q9. Which amongst the following is/are correct?
1. Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was associated with women’s education.
2. Arya Samaj crusaded for disintegration of Hindu society in to myriad sub castes aimed at four- fold division and upholding the rights of even the lowest castes.
3. Initiatives to open temples for lower castes was done by rulers of Indore, Devas and Travancore.
4. Ambedkar founded All India Harijan Sangh in 1932.
(a) Only 1 and 3 are correct
(b) 1, 2, 3, are correct
(c) All are correct
(d) Only 4 is incorrect
Q10.Who proclaimed “Rationalism is our only preceptor”?
(a) Akshay Kumar Dutt
(c)Haji Shariat Allah
(d) Syed Ahmed Khan
- Get Free Study Material For UPTET 2019: Click here
- Get Free Study Material For CTET 2019: Click here
- Plan Your Success with CTET 2019 Study Plan: Start Now
- CTET 2019: CTET Exam Notification, Syllabus, Exam Pattern