CTET/ UPTET 2019 Exam Important EVS Questions:
Q1. What is the mass of an object with a density of 15 g/ mL and a volume of 3 mL?
Q2. Which one of the following is a scalar quantity?
Q3. An object in which no light rays can pass through is called-
Q4. What will be the weight of an object on the surface of the earth whose mass is 10 kg on the moon’s surface?
(1) 60 kg
(2) 10 kg
(3) 60 N
(4) 10 N
Q5. The rate of dissolution of a solute depends on-
(3) Surface area
Q6. Sushma wants her students to be sensitized for ‘conservation of trees’. Which one of the following is the most suitable strategy to do so?
(1) Conducting a debate in classroom
(2) Group discussion
(3) Poster making
(4) Helping children to adopt and nurture a plant
Q7. Abhay asked his students to do a survey in groups on diseases that people in their neighborhood suffered from. The survey is not mentioned in the textbook. Which option is not relevant for this teaching-learning strategy?
(1) It provided opportunity to interact with community.
(2) It helped children connect learning with real life.
(3) It enabled children understand data handling and work together.
(4) It helped the community understand the diseases that they suffered from.
Q8. To talk about emergency situations, Priya asked children’s experiences when they faced any emergencies. Children narrated their experiences with fire, electric shock and road accidents. She asked questions, assessed their existing under-standings and discussed safety aspects using resources such as road safety advertisements from newspapers and also used LPG and electric bill to discuss safety guidelines on fire and electric shock respectively. Which is the most appropriate approach that Priya employed?
(1) Cognitive approach
(2) Experiential learning approach
(3) Enquiry approach
(4) Humanistic approach
Q9. Community is an important teaching and learning resource, because
(1) It is inexpensive and accessible
(2) Elderly people are wise and have time
(3) It provides learning opportunity in real setting
(4) One can accept all knowledge available in the community uncritically
Q10. In EVS teaching-learning, linking classroom learning to life outside school and enriching it implies-
(1) Going beyond the textbooks
(2) Linking textbooks to global 7- environmental issues and concerns
(3) Whole school approach
(4) Going beyond curriculum