Yes, Candidates who do not have a domicile of Uttar Pradesh are eligible for appearing in UPTET Examination but they will be treated as General Category candidate even if they belong to OBC/SC/ST Category. If you too are aiming to become a teacher in UP schools, this article will help you understand UPTET 2022 eligibility and another requirement to apply for the exam. Finally, UPTET 2022 Application link has been released by UPBEB. Uttar Pradesh Teachers Entrance Test (UPTET) is a state-level test conducted to shortlist aspirants for the post of teachers in the schools of Uttar Pradesh. But some candidates wondered about other state candidates may eligible to apply for UPTET Exam or not.
Is UPTET Certificate Valid in All States?
No, Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) is a state-level exam conducted. UPTET qualified candidates may apply only in the UP State govt. School. The exam is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB). After clearing the exam, the candidate can apply for the various UP State Govt. Recruitment Exam like SUPER TET, UP TGT PGT & he/she can join as a Shiksha Mitra in the UP govt. School.
UPTET Eligibility Criteria 2022
UPTET exam has been conducted in two-level- paper I for Primary Teachers (Classes 1 to 5) and paper II for Upper Primary Teachers (Classes 6 to 8). The applicants need to satisfy any one of the criteria given below to meet UPTET eligibility for Paper-I:
UPTET Eligibility for Paper-I (Primary-Level Teachers):
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)/2-year D.El.Ed/D.Ed
- Graduation (or its equivalent) and passed or appearing in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education /B.El.Ed / 2 year D.El.Ed/D.Ed.
- Candidates should complete their graduation along with BTC in Urdu. Candidates in the final year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should clear their graduation and post-graduation that should pass the Basic Training Certificate (BTC) for distance education Candidates in the final year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should clear their Graduation with at least 50 % marks and passed or appear in final year B.Ed
UPTET Eligibility for Paper-II (Upper Primary-Level Teachers):
- Graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/ passed or appearing in Bachelor in Education B.Ed/B.El.Ed.
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in B.Ed(Special Education).
What happens after Clearing UPTET?
UPTET certificate holders are eligible to teach in Government schools under UP State Government. The candidates selected as Primary Teachers have a great chance to be promoted to the Upper Primary post as per their qualification whereas the Upper Primary School teachers can be promoted to the Principal post in Higher Secondary Schools.
UPTET 2022: FAQs
Q: When will the UPTET notification 2022 be released?
A: The UPTET notification would be released soon
Q: Who releases the UPTET notification?
A: The conducting body for the exam, the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB) releases the UPTET notification on the official website of the exam.
Q: How many times is the UPTET exam conducted in a year?
A: The UPTET exam is conducted only once a year
Q: How many attempts can a candidate take at the UPTET exam?
A: There is no limit on the number of attempts a candidate can take at the UPTET exam.
Q: In which language is the UPTET exam conducted?
A: The UPTET exam is conducted in English and Hindi languages.