1. What do you mean by desert?
(a) An area covered with grasslands
(b) A region full of green plants
(c) A region having extremely low and high temperature and scarce rainfall
(d) A region full or flowers
2. In which continent is the world’s largest desert situated?
(d) South America
3. How many countries does the Sahara desert touch?
4. The convective transfer of energy is confined only to the
5. Of the main constituents, which of the following have great influence in earth’s climatic conditions?
3. Carbon dioxide
4. Water vapour
5. Dust particles
Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
(a) 1, 3, 4, 5, 6
(b) 3, 4, 5, 6
(c) 2, 3, 4, 6
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
6. A submarine mountain or peak rising more than 1000 m above the ocean floor is known as
(c) Abyssal hills
7. Generally continental slope extends to a depth of
(a) 200 fathoms
(b) 2000 fathoms
(c) 200 metres
(d) 200 kilometres
8. Who launched the Chipko Movement
(b) Ram Lal Bahuguna
(c) Sunder Lal Bahuguna
(d) None of above
9.”Green house effect” with respect to global warming refers to
(a).cooling and moist condition
(c).increased rainfall and greenery
10.Which of the following is not a major greenhouse gas?