1. Pedagogical cycles are initiated by teachers about what percent of the time?
2. Researchers investigating male and female experiences in the classroom found that
A)girls and boys call out about equally.
B)girls call out more and are more likely to be reprimanded for calling out.
C)boys call out more, but teachers are less likely to accept their responses.
D)boys call out more but are less likely to be reprimanded for calling out. ==
3. Lower-order questions are appropriate in all of the following situations EXCEPT
A)introducing new information.
B)working on problem-solving skills. ==
C)reviewing previously learned material.
D)working on drill and practice.
4. According to Bloom’s taxonomy, “application level”, questions require students to
A)recall or recognize information.
B)arrange and organize information mentally.
C)use a rule, a classification system, directions, or the like in solving a problem. ===
D)use creative thinking in solving problems for which there is no single right answer.
5. Which teacher reaction is used most often?
6. Mary Budd Rowe’s research on wait time indicates that to encourage greater student participation, teachers should
A)decrease wait time 1 and wait time 2.
B)decrease wait time 1 but increase wait time 2.
C)increase wait time 1 but decrease wait time 2.
D)increase wait time 1 and wait time 2. ==
7. When used effectively, corrective feedback is
A)a focus on personal behavior, including personality traits
B)not tied to specific performance, but uses a general statement about performance
C)tied to specific performance, and not personal in nature ==
D)both a and b
8. The role of the teacher in direct teaching is best described as a
A)personal tutor who tracks individual students’ progress and needs.
B)strong leader who structures the classroom.==
C)project manager who can design hands-on learning activities.
D)discussion leader who is well versed in the Socratic method.
9. Researcher Robert Slavin is most closely associated with which model of instruction?
B)cooperative learning ==
10. Educator Larry Cuban found that over nearly a century, teaching
A)has undergone remarkably little change. ===
B)has progressed from teacher-centered to strikingly student-centered.
C)has risen in status from a semi-profession to a full-fledged profession.
D)has remained constant in its willingness to challenge the status quo.