1. Select the correct statement-
A. heterotrophs do not synthesise their own food
B. heterotrophs synthesize their own food
C. heterotrophs utilise solar energy for photosynthesis
C. heterotrophs are capable of converting carbon dioxide and water into carbohydrates
2. If salivary amylase is lacking in the saliva, which of the following events in the mouth cavity will be affected?
A. absorption of vitamins
B. fats breaking down into fatty acids
C. starch breaking down into sugars
D. protein breaking down into amino acids
3. Which part of alimentary canal receives bile from the liver?
C. large intestine
D. small intestine
4. In which part of the alimentary canal food is finally digested?
B. large intestine
C. small intestine
5. A few drops iodine solution were added to rice water. The solution turned blue-black in colour. This indicates that rice water contains-
C. complex proteins
D. simple proteins
6. During respiration, exchange of gases take place in-
A. alveoli of lungs
B. alveoli and throat
C. throat and larynx
D. trachea and larynx
7. What prevents backflow of blood inside the heart during contraction?
A. thin walls of atria
B. valves in heart
C. thick muscular alls of ventricles
D. none of these
8. Which is the correct sequence of air passage during inhalation?
A. nassal passage→trachea→pharynx→larynx→alveoli
9. Lack of oxygen in muscles often leads to cramps among cricketers. This results is due to-
A. conversion of pyruvate to glucose
B. conversion of pyruvate to ethanol
C. conversion of pyruvate to lactic acid
D. non conversion of glucose to pyruvate
10. Choose the correct path of urine in our body-
A. kidney→ureters→urinary bladder→urethra
B. urinary bladder→ kidney →urethra→ureters
C. urethra→kidney→ureters→urinary bladder
D. ureters→urethra→kidney→urinary bladder