1. What determines the emf between the two metals placed in an electrolyte?
A. relative position of metals in the electrochemical series
B. distance between them
C. strength of electrolyte
D. nature of electrolyte
2. Voltmeter cannot be used to measure-
C. electrochemical equivalent
D. potential difference
3. The potential difference across a conductor is doubled, the rate of generation of heat will-
A. be halved
B. become four times
C. be doubled
D. become one third
4. Electric potential is-
A. scalar and dimensionless quantity
B. vector and dimensionless quantity
C. scalar and dimensional quantity
D. vector and dimensional quantity
5. A charge is moved electric repulsion in an electric field. Which of the following is correct?
A. The potential energy of the charge decreases
B. Work is done by the electric field
C. The strength of electric field decreases
D. None of the above
6. Electric lines of force about a positive point charge are-
A. circular and clockwise
B. radial outwards
C. circular and anticlockwise
D. radial inwards
7. What are the essential requirements for the heater filament?
A. low resistivity, low melting point
B. low resistivity, high melting point
C. high resistivity, high melting point
D. high resistivity, low melting point
8. In which of the following substance, the resistance decreases with an increase of temperature?
9. LED and CFL are very commonly used as sources of light in homes. Which of the following statement is true?
A. CFL is better because LED contains toxic materials
B. LED is better because CFL contains toxic materials
C. Both are equally good
D. Neither of them is good because both contain toxic materials
10. A freely suspended bar magnet always comes rest in a particular direction?