1. Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity:
2. Find the odd one.
(d) Slaked lime
3. Amides can be converted to amines by the reaction named
4. The base used as an antacid is
(a) Calcium hydroxide
(b) Barium hydroxide
(c) Magnesium hydroxide
(d) Silver hydroxide
5. A process which is not helpful in the prevention of rusting of iron is
(b) applying grease
6. Denatured alcohol
(a) is a form of alcohol
(b) is unfit for drinking as it contains poisonous substances
(c) contains coloured impurities
(d) is sweet to taste
7. Phenolics as pollutants can be removed from waste water by use of
(a) Ion exchange resin technique
(b) Electrolyte decomposition technique
(c) Reverse osmosis method
(d) Polymeric adsorbents
8. Metal reacts with oxygen to form
(a) neutral oxides.
(b) basic oxides.
(c) acidic oxides.
(d) None of these
9. The metal used to built bridges is
10. Non-metallic oxide are
(d) (a) and (c).