1. Which one of the following are mineral acid?
A. Oxalic acid
B. Tartaric acid
C. Nitric acid
D. Formic acid
2. The chemical formula of Baking soda is-
3. When we combine strong acid with a strong base, so what kind of salt is formed?
A. acidic salt
B. basic salt
C. neutral salt
D. none of these
4. What is the ratio of HCl:HNO3 in aqua-regia?
5. The organic acid which is found in tamarind is-
A. Acetic acid
B. Formic acid
C. Oxalic acid
D. Tartaric acid
6. Phenolphthalein (indicator) gives _______ colour in basic medium-
7. A student performs an activity in a laboratory, where he used methyl orange (indicator) in two solutions A (acidic) and B (basic).
What’s the colour of the two solutions?
A. yellow, green
B. green, yellow
C. red, yellow
D. yellow, pink
8. When we add aluminium foil to freshly prepared sodium hydroxide solution, a gas is produced. Which of the following correctly states the property of this gas?
A. colourless and odourless gas which produces a ‘pop’ sound when a burning match stick is brought near it
B. brown coloured pungent smelling gas
C. colourless and odourless gas which promotes burning of a candle
D. colourless and odourless gas which extinguishes a burning match stick
9. Aqueous solution of which of the following oxides will change the colour of blue litmus to red?
A. Sulphur dioxide
B. Iron oxide
C. Magnesium oxide
D. Copper oxide
10. When a copper plate is exposed to moist air for long, it acquires a dull green coating. The green material is-
A. a mixture of copper carbonate and copper sulphate
B. a mixture of copper hydroxide and copper sulphate
C. copper sulphate
D. a mixture of copper carbonate and copper hydroxide