About National Testing Agency
The independent and autonomous National Testing Agency (NTA is established by the Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. It is a self-sustained premier testing organization under the Societies Registration Act (1860) for conducting tests across the country. It is initiated with a thought process that is efficient, and transparent and to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions.
About Swayam 2022
The government of India started a programme called SWAYAM. The full form of SWAYAM is Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds. It is made and designed keeping in mind the important principles of Education Policy
- Equity, and
The main objective of this effort is to take the best teaching and learning resources to all and make sure that the right to education is taken care of and the education reaches the underprivileged. Many students are still unaware and unreached by the digital revolution and have not been able to get the best education possible in our country. SWAYAM was formulated keeping this in mind to bridge the gap between the students and digital education.
SWAYAM conducts online certification courses. These certifications are on a variety of subjects for which Computer-based exams or Hybrid Mode is conducted. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been asked to conduct the SWAYAM exam for January 2022 semester for 348 courses.
SWAYAM 2022: January Registration Starts
You can access the registrations form for the institutions for January Semester at the SWAYAM Platform. The website for the same is swayam.nta.ac.in. The website states that the last date to register for SWAYAM is the 5th of August 2022. Candidates who have enrolled for the January 2022 semester programmes offered by the following institutions can apply till 5th August 2022. Below we have given the list of institutions:
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) on Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM) platform
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B),
- National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR),
SWAYAM 2022: Important Dates
|Online Registration and Submission of Application Form (complete in all respect) through NTA Website, www.swayam.nta.ac.in||6th July 2022 to 5th August 2022(till 5 pm)|
|Last Date for successful transaction od Examination Fees(through Paytm, Net Banking, UPI,etc)||5th August 2022( till 11:50 pm)|
|General||Rs 1000 per course|
|SC/ST/PwD/OBC-(NCL)||Rs 500 per course|
Applicable Service/Processing Charges and GST over and above the examination fee, are to be paid by the candidate to the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway Integrator. You can submit the fees by using online modes such as Net Banking, UPI, Debit Card, and Credit Card. Also, keep in mind that the GST and Processing fees are also applicable. By the payment gateway.
|Correction In the Particulars of Application Form Online Only||7th August to 10th August 2022|
|Downloading of Admit Cards by the Candidate from NTA website||It will be announced through NTA Website|
|Dates of the examinations||It will be announced through NTA Website|
|Duration of Examination||180 minutes or 3 hours|
|Timing of Examinations||9AM – 12:000 PM
3 PM – 6 PM
|Declaration of Results||Announced at a later date on the NTA Website|
|Exam Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As written on the Admit Card|
|Final Scores and Certificates||Provided by the National Coordinator after the result of final proctored exams|
Instructions to Apply for SWAYAM 2022
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the Instructions as provided(including how to fill up the Application Form online) in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website. Candidates who do not comply with the Instructions shall be disqualified summarily.
- Candidates who are interested can apply for SWAYAM 2022 (January Semester) through the “Online” mode only. The Application Form shall not be accepted in any other mode.
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of 4 courses as per schedule and shifts available.
- Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
- Make sure to download the Information Bulletin and also the Replica of Application Form. Read them carefully in order to ensure that you are eligible.
Steps to Apply for SWAYAM 2022
Step 1: Make sure to Apply for the Online Registration by using your own Email ID. By using the same email ID which you used for Registration on the SWAYAM portal.
Step 2: Fill out the Online Application Form and then upload your photograph, signature, and category/PwD certificate if applicable
Step 3: Pay the fee using the Payment Gateway(s) integrated into the Online Application through Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card / Paytm/UPI / Wallet and keep proof of the fee paid.
Step 4: After payment take a print of the SWAYAM 2022 application form for future use.
SWAYAM 2022 Exam Pattern
Mode of conducting the exam and the Scheme of Examination for the SWAYAM January 2022 Semester. The Exams will be held for a total of 348 papers. Some of the papers are going to be held in Online Mode and some will be held in both online and offline mode. There will be no negative marking for any wrong answers in the MCQ sections. For PwD Candidates as per norms. Medium: The question paper will be in English only, except for language papers which will be in the respective languages only.
|No of papers||Number of Questions||Marks per question||Total Marks||Duration of Exams|
|31||100 MCQ in online mode||1||100||3 hours|
|231||50 MCQ in online mode||2||100||3 hours|
|86||In mixed mode
Section A 20 MCQs in Online Mode
Section B 10 MCQs in offline mode
Section C- 5 (out of 7) in offline mode
|Section A 1
Section B 3
Section C 10
|Section A- 20
Section B – 30
Section C- 50
SWAYAM 2022 Marking Scheme
- Un-answered/un-attempted will be given no marks.
- To answer a MCQ, the candidate needs to choose one option as correct option/most appropriate option.
- In case a Question is dropped due to some technical error, full marks shall be given to all the candidates whether they have attempted it or not.
- In case you have any ambiguity in translation/construction of a question in the exam, the English version will be accepted as the final one and the decision of NTA shall be final.
Eligibility Criteria for SWAYAM 2022 (January Semester)
- The student/learner who has enrolled in any of the 348 courses in the January 2022 semester is eligible for appearing in the examination of that course.
- Though the Courses are open and available for all, students enrolled for the January 2022 Semesters are eligible for SWAYAM January 2022Semester Examination.
- The students, who obtained 40% marks in term end written test conducted by NTA and 40% marks in internal assessment separately, will be eligible for certificate and credit transfer.
- For Students Who Want To Appear In Multiple Exams: Please note that student would be able to choose only one course in each shift I.e. student can appear for a maximum of four papers spread across four shifts. Those students who are doing multiple courses should ensure that the courses that they are choosing for examination are in different shifts.
Provisions relating to Persons with Disability (PwD)
- As per Section 2(s) of the RPwD Act, “Persons with Disability (PwD)” means that person with long term physical, mental, intellectual, or sensory impairment which, in interaction with barriers, hinders his full and effective participation in society equally with others.
- According to Section 2(r) of the RPwD Act, 2016, “persons with benchmark disabilities” (PwBD) means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority
FAQs on SWAYAM 2022
Q. What is NTA?
NTA is National Testing Agency is a premier testing agency that conducts various exams to assess the competency of the students
Q. What is the SWAYAM platform?
SWAYAM is a programme initiated by Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., access, equity and quality. The main objective of this is to take one of the best teaching learning resources to everyone including those who are the most disadvantaged. SWAYAM aims at bridging the digital divide for students who have remained untouched by the digital revolution and those who have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy as of now.
Q. How many courses offered by SWAYAM has the registration last date on 5th of August 2022?
For around 348 courses the registration ends on 5th of August 2022