NDA Exam 2023
NDA 2023: The commencement date of the NDA exam 2023 has been announced. Every year lakhs of students appear for the NDA exam, and most of them fail to clear the exam, but they try again. Before appearing in any exam it is necessary to get information about that exam. Because of this, we have provided you with all the important information regarding NDA and NDA Exam 2023, which will prove to be informative for you in the context of NDA Exam 2023. If you want to get all the information regarding NDA Exam 2023, then stay with us tills the end of this article.
What is NDA? – NDA 2023 Exam Date
The full form of NDA is National Defense Academy, and it is an Indian institution, a joint service academy of the Indian Armed Forces. The present-day National Defense Academy is located at Khadakwasla, Pune, and is the first tri-service academy in the world as the National Defense Academy trains cadets for all three branches of the Indian Armed Forces.
To enter as a cadet under the National Defense Academy, any candidate has to clear the NDA exam. This exam is a competitive entrance exam, and this exam is conducted twice a year-
1. Firstly in April
2. Secondly in September
The NDA exam also consists of a written test and an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board.
The commencement date of the NDA exam 2023 to be conducted by UPSC is 16 April 2023. This exam will be conducted for 1 day. The written test consists of two papers:
- General Aptitude Test
This exam is conducted with a pen and paper board. The interview is conducted by the Service
Selection Board in two stages, and the candidate is assessed based on their intelligence, personality, and ability.
The candidates who pass the NDA exam and SSB interview are provided admission under NDA. Training in NDA is a 3-year course, after which cadets are given another 1-year trial at the respective service academies of the Indian Army, Indian Navy, or Indian Air Force.
Eligibility Criteria for the NDA Exam 2023
Any candidate who wants to appear in the NDA exam has to qualify for the following qualifications:
Citizenship Eligibility of the Candidate: The Nationality of the candidate should be Indian, besides this, he can also be a citizen of Bhutan, Nepal, or Tibetan refugee.
Age-Related Qualification of the Candidate: The age of the candidate should not be more than 19 years, and can be less than 16 years of age.
Candidate’s Educational Qualification: Under the candidate’s educational qualification, the candidate must have passed class 12 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board or university. If a candidate is applying for the Army wing of NDA then he/she must have passed class 12th or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics.
Physical Eligibility: The candidate must be physically fit, and must meet the criteria prescribed by the Indian Defense Academy.
Marital Status Eligibility: The candidate must be unmarried, and cannot marry till the completion of training.
NDA 2023 Exam Date
The NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission under the Union of India. This exam is conducted twice a year. The first exam is conducted in April while the second exam is conducted in September of the year. But on which date of the month the exam will be conducted can be known only a few months before the exam.
The NDA exam is conducted in two phases
- Written exam
- Interview to be conducted by Services Selection Board
The written test consists of two papers-
- Maths Paper
- General Aptitude Test ie (GAT)
NDA Exam 2023 : Exam Pattern
Candidates who want to appear in the NDA Exam 2023 must go through the NDA 2023 Exam pattern and Syllabus given below.
The syllabus and exam pattern for NDA is as follows:
- Syllabus for Mathematics paper: Algebra and Matrices for Mathematics paper, Determinant Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry (of two or three commissions), Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Vector Algebra, Statistics, and Probability are covered in the syllabus.
- Syllabus for General Aptitude Test: English, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Geography, Current Events, and History are included in the syllabus for General Aptitude Test.
NDA Syllabus 2023 for Maths and GAT Syllabus PDF Download
Exam Pattern for NDA Exam
The exam pattern for the NDA exam is as follows-
Written Exam Pattern
There are two types of written papers in the NDA exam:
- Maths paper
- General Aptitude Test Paper
Mathematics paper is of total 300 marks and General Ability Test is of total 600 marks. The total written test is 900 marks, and 150 minutes are given to finish each written test.
SSB Interview Pattern
SSB interview is conducted in two phases-
The first stage of the interview is the screening test. Under this, the officer is through Intelligence Rating Test, and Picture Perception and Description Test. Any candidate who clears this first stage is selected for the second stage.
Under the second stage, the candidate’s psychology test, group test, official work, interview, and conference are included.
NDA Exam 2023 : Application Process
Applying for the NDA exam 2023 is very easy. It is not complicated in any way. For this, you have to follow some steps, and the steps to be followed are as follows:
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of UPSC and click on the link for the NDA exam.
- You must read all the instructions and eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the exam.
- Now you will have to click on the “Apply Online” link and give the details of all the requested information related to you under the online application form.
- Now some important documents will be asked from you, under which your photograph, photograph of your signature, all this will have to be made available to you in a particular format and size.
- You have to pay the application fee through online payment through a Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking or UPI.
- Now your application form will be submitted and you have to take a printout of the main page for confirmation of this application form. This printout will be useful for you in the future.
UPSC advises the candidates to keep all the necessary documents ready like their photographs, scanned photographs of their signature, educational certificates, etc. before starting the application process, and ₹100 for general category candidates for the NDA exam And are free for SC and ST.
Must Check: NDA Application Form 2023 Link
NDA Exam 2023 : Age limit
NDA exam age limit mentioned below:
- For NDA Exam 1, 2023, the candidate must be born between July 2, 2004, and July 1, 2007.
- For NDA Exam II, 2023, the candidate must be born between January 2, 2005, and January 1, 2008.
This simply means that the age of the candidates should be a minimum of 16.5 years and a maximum of 19.5 years on the date of examination. It is for general-category candidates.
However, age relaxation has been provided for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes Ex-servicemen, etc., for which you can see this NDA Exam 2023 Notification PDF.
NDA Exam 2023 : Selection Process
The selection process for the NDA exam includes-
Written Examination: Under this, under the examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, 2 papers are included in the written examination in the NDA examination, which is known as the Mathematics paper and General Aptitude Test paper. At present, the Mathematics paper is of 300 marks, and the General Ability Test paper is of 600 marks. Both papers are for two and a half hours.
SSB Interview: Candidates who qualify for the written test for SSB Interview are called for Services Selection Board Interview. This interview takes place in two phases-
The first stage consists of Officer Intelligence Rating, Picture Perception, and Descriptive Test, and the second stage consists of Psychology Test, Group Testing Officer Task, and Personal Interview.
Medical Test: Under Medical all the candidates who successfully clear the SSB interview have to undergo a medical test to ascertain their physical fitness. This medical examination is conducted by 1 board of medical officers.
Merit List: The name of the candidate who successfully passes all the steps mentioned above is included in the merit list. The final merit list is prepared based on merit. All the students who find their name on this list are offered admission to National Defense Academy.
NDA Exam 2023: Physical Requirements
The physical requirements for the NDA exam 2023 are as follows-
- Height and Weight Requirement: Under this, the minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157 cm, and for female candidates, the minimum acceptable height is 152 cm. The weight should be in proportion to the height and age of the candidate.
- Vision Requirement: A candidate must have a minimum acceptable distant vision of 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other eye. Apart from this, the minimum acceptable near vision for the candidate should be N6 in one eye and N9 in the other eye.
- Hearing Requirement: Under this, the hearing capacity of the candidate should be normal.
- Physical Fitness Requirement: Under this, the candidate must be physically fit. The candidate should be free from any kind of disability or disease which may hinder his/her performance during the training.
- Body Tattoo Rule: Tattoos are not permitted anywhere on the whole body except on the back of the inner palm of the arms and the reverse side of the palm.
Training periods for NDA 2023
The training period of NDA is divided into 3 phases:-
- Basic Military Training
- Advanced Military Training
- Joint Training
|Basic Military Training||Advanced Military Training||Joint Training|
Those cadets who complete all these trainings are appointed as officers in the respective branches of the Indian Armed Forces i.e. Army Navy and Air Force.
Salary in NDA – Salary of an NDA cadet?
The salary of NDA cadets depends on the training period and the rank they hold during their training. NDA cadets get a fixed stipend of ₹56,100 per month, irrespective of their rank or branch, during the training period.
After successful completion of training, cadets are appointed as officers under the Indian Armed Forces with a starting pay scale of ₹56,100 to ₹1,77,500 for commissioned officers in the Indian Armed Forces, depending on their It depends on rank, branch, etc. Apart from all this, they get various types of benefits and promotions.
Merit List preparation Process for NDA Exam 2023
The merit list for the NDA exam is prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the written test and SSB interview. The process of preparing the merit list for the NDA exam is as follows-
- Written Paper Examination: There are 2 papers under the written examination, which are known as Mathematics paper and General Ability paper. After about a week of the commencement of this examination, the results of the examination are declared.
- Cut-Off Marks: The candidates who score above the cut-off marks in the written test are called for an interview.
- SSB Interview: SSB interview is conducted over 5 days. It consists of several tests including psychological tests, group tests, job interviews with the officer, and conferences.
- Merit List: Final merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the written tests and interview followed by the SSB interview.
- Medical Examination: The students who are selected have to go through a medical examination.
- Training: Candidates who qualify for the medical examination are admitted to the National Defense Academy and undergo training for 3 years.
Duration of NDA Exam 2023
Under the NDA exam, two papers on Mathematics and General Aptitude Test are included, for which the duration of the exam is 5 hours, that is, there are two papers of two and a half hours each.
The candidates need to manage their time efficiently during the examination so that all the questions are answered within the stipulated time duration.
NDA Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
NDA Exam 2023 exam is to be held on 16th April 2023, and in between if you want to prepare for this exam then it is going to be difficult for you because you should have started it much earlier. But even in the present time, you can do a lot of good preparation. As if,