National Yoga Quiz Competition: The National Council of Educational Research and Training has been conducting Yoga Olympiad since 2016 to encourage students to explore the implementation of Yoga in their practical lives. This year, due to the restrictions put in place due to the Coronavirus lockdown, the Yoga Olympiad 2020 will be conducted in the online mode. While announcing this development, the Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank tweeted that
“Learners, participate in the National Online Yoga Quiz Competition by @ncert & stand a chance to win merit certificates! Open till: 20th July 2020. Login here: http://bit.ly/EYQ_TW. Let’s march towards a healthy mind & body on this #Internationalyogaday2020. Do participate!”
He further stated that “In COVID-19 situation children are being guided by their teachers and parents at home to do yogic practices along with physical exercises based on alternative academic calendars developed for different stages of school education. But due to the outbreak of the corona pandemic, it is difficult to organize Yoga Olympiad this year.”
- NCERT Solutions – For Class 9 to 12 & Free Download PDF
- Career After 12th | Career Options After 12th Science, Arts, And Commerce
- NCERT Releases Alternative Calendar 2020 for Primary Classes Download PDF here
How To Register Yoga Quiz Competition?
Here are the important details regarding the National Yoga Quiz Competition 2020 that all the interested students must know about:
- The essential details regarding the National Yoga Olympiad 2020 have been uploaded on the official website of NCERT @www.ncert.nic.in.
- The registration window for the National Yoga Olympiad 2020 will open from 21st June 2020 and will close by 20th July 2020.
- The registration window will be open only for students studying in class 6th to 12th.
- The students securing the position in Top 100 in the National Yoga Olympiad will be issued a certificate of merit for their performance.
- The questions will be available in both Hindi and English and will be in the multiple choice type questions format.
- The questions can be converted from Text to Audio as per the requirements of the children with special needs.
The questions will be based on the different dimensions of Yoga like Pranayama, Yama and Niymaa, Asanas, Shatkarma or Kriya, Pranayama, Meditation, Bandha, and Mudra.
So, all the students who are interested in participating in the National Yoga Olympiad must complete their registration process as soon as possible on the official website of the NCERT.