Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme: If you are have completed your class 12th boards with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and are willing to join India n Army, this is the perfect article for you. In this article, we will have a look at how you can join the Indian army and what are the minimum qualifications required for it.
Technical Entry Scheme Course (TES 43rd)
Male candidates who fulfil all the eligibility criteria can apply for the technical entry scheme course. The registrations have started from 08th October 2021. The last date to apply for the Technical Entry Scheme is 08th November 2021.
Read About: NCC
Technical Entry Scheme Entry session 2021: Application Form
Indian Army invites applications for the course twice a year. Interested candidates can apply for May-June in the January session. The second session is held from October to November. Students can apply for the second session in July.
The two sessions are conducted so that students who don’t qualify for the same in one round can again apply for the second round after undergoing required training of three to four months. This way the opportunity comes twice a year and the chances of missing out lessens.
Read About: LOC
Eligibility Criteria for Technical Entry Scheme Course in 2021
- A candidate must be an unmarried male and must be fulfilling any of the following.
- Indian citizen, or
- The subject of Bhutan, or
- The subject of Nepal, or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
- Also, all of the above categories must possess a government certificate, validating their statements.
- Candidates must not marry until they complete their entire training process. If a candidate is found to be married after the subsequent date of his application, will not be selected even though he cleared the examination. Also, if a student is found to be married while the training is taking place, then the candidate will be discharged and will also be liable to refund the amount which the government incurred so far for his training.
- A candidate must not be younger than 16 and ½ years. Also, he should not be older than 19 years on the first day of the month from which the course is scheduled to commence.
- Candidate should have completed their 12th boards with a minimum aggregate of 70% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
Physical Test and Medical Examination for Technical Entry Scheme Course
The candidate will be tested on various physical rounds, be it their stamina level, endurance level, stability besides medical tests to check whether they are fit internally or not. These tests are mandatory and are made available by the medical officers arranged by the Indian Army.
Read About: CID
Selection Process for Technical Entry Scheme Course in 2021
The selection process consists of shortlisting candidates. This shortlisting takes place based on the SSB interviews which are conducted in the selection centres. The total duration of the SSB interview is of 5 days. Students who can clear Round 1 are eligible to appear for round 2.
The related details for the interview are made available on the official website of the Indian Army. Also, if a student is unable to clear round 1 of SSB, he can then again prepare for the second term selection that is scheduled for the second half of the year.
Technical Entry Scheme: Training Details
- The total amount of training will be 5 years of duration.
- Basic Military Training (BMT):1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya)
- Technical (TES) Training:
- (i) Phase-I (pre-commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad)
- (ii) Phase II (Post Post Commission Training) one year of post-commission training at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad
Technical Entry Scheme: Pay Scale
- Lieutenant 10-level and Rs.56,100-1,77,500
- Captain 10-B level and Rs.61,300-1,93,900
- Major 11th level Rs.69,400-2,07 200
- Lieutenant Colonel Level 12A and Rs.1,21,200-2 12,400
- Colonel 13 level and Rs.1,30,600-2 15,900
- Brigadier – 13A level Rs.1,39,600-2 17,600
- Major General – 14 levels and Rs.1,44,200-2 18,200
- Major General Lieutenant HAG Scale 15 levels and Rs.1,82,2002,24, 100
- Lieutenant General HAG and Scale 16 levels and Rs.2,05,400-2,24,400
- VCOAS / Army Cdr Lieutenant General (NFSG) 17 . Level and Rs.2,25,000
- COAS the 18th level, and Rs.2,50,000
FAQs for Technical Entry Scheme
How can I join Technical Entry Scheme?
You can join the Technical Entry Scheme by visiting the official website of the Indian army and then apply on the link stating “TES 2021”.
Which is better NDA or TES?
Students having completed their 12th Boards with PCM and 70% aggregate can choose TES. NDA is viable for students from all streams. Both the ways you can join Indian Army after 12th.
How can I apply for TES 2021?
You can apply to TES 2021 by visiting the official website of the Indian Army, which is joinindianarmy.nic.in.
What is the age limit of TES entry?
A candidate must not be younger than 16 years and not older than 19 years to join TES.
How many times can I apply for TES?
You can apply for TES at the max of 6 times, which is 2 times for 3 years after completing the 12th Boards.