Important Topics To Study For CLAT 2023
For admission to the five-year integrated program in law at the esteemed National Law Universities, and top-tier public and private law institutions, CLAT is held yearly. For candidates seeking admission to the top legal institutions in India, a crucial test is held at the national level. The entrance exam puts applicants through many parameters-based assessments.
Important Topics To Study For CLAT 2023: Section – Wise Marks Distribution
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|English Language||28-32 questions||28 – 32|
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge||35-39 questions||35 – 39|
|Legal Reasoning||35-39 questions||35 – 39|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 questions||28 – 32|
|Quantitative Techniques||13-17 questions||13 – 17|
Important Topics To Study For CLAT 2023: Section-Wise
|Current affairs and general knowledge||
Important Topics To Study For CLAT 2023: Reference Books
The applicant must be able to read quickly and properly understand the text in order to prepare for the English language component of the CLAT 2023. You can utilize the books recommended here to study for the test:
- The Pearson Guide to the CLAT (English)
- Word Power Made Easy New Revised & Expanded Edition (English) by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English (English) by RS Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar & Composition (English) by PC Wren, H Martin
- High School English Grammar by Wren and Martin
Current Affairs & General Knowledge
The applicant will need to read a text and discover the answers for the Current Affairs and GK part. Here are several books that might aid in your section preparation:
- Manorama Yearbook
- General Knowledge
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Pearson’s Concise GK Manual
- Competition Review Yearbook
You can do well in the quantitive portion if you put in the effort because it will be of the 10th standard. View the reference books here:
- S Chand’s 30 Days Wonder for Maths
- Class 10 NCERT book
- Maths 18 Days Wonder by S Chand
- Quantitative Aptitude ebook (All Parts Solved) by RS Aggarwal
When it comes to logical reasoning, rote memorization and simple reading won’t cut it. These logical reasoning reference materials are for CLAT 2022:
- 501 Challenging Logical Reasoning Practice Book
- Analytical Reasoning (English) by MK Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
The Legal Aptitude has a maximum weight of 25%, together with Current Affairs and GK. Here are a few books that might aid in your understanding of the subject:
- Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj
- LST’s Legal Reasoning Module
- CLAT Guide by Universal
- National dailies – The Hindu, Indian Express, etc.
Important Topics To Study For CLAT 2023: Preparation Tips
- Have Enough Time for Revision: It is preferable for candidates to complete their study process well before the CLAT 2023 test. It is advised that applicants finish their study process at least one month prior to the exam date so they have time to review all the material. Everything the candidate has learned will only be reinforced throughout the revision, which will reduce worry and boost the candidate’s confidence.
- Prepare Notes While Studying: Candidates should make a point of taking notes as they learn, particularly during the first time they study a topic. This will greatly aid candidates throughout their revision process and improve applicants’ ability to recall the topics covered.
- Practice Mock Tests and Sample Papers: Candidates can gain a significant advantage in the CLAT 2023 exam by practicing mock tests, sample papers, and question papers from prior years. By doing this, applicants will identify their areas for improvement. The test format and the kinds of questions that could be asked will be made clear through this practice.
Important Topics To Study For CLAT 2023: FAQs
Ques 1. How can I improve my speed and accuracy for CLAT 2023?
Ans. Until your speed increases, practice the questions from the areas that are slowing you down. It will definitely happen. But you need to persevere!
Ques 2. What level of difficulty is the questions in the exam’s Quantitative Techniques section?
Ans. The Quantitative Techniques component of the test includes problems that are equivalent to Class 10 in difficulty.
Ques 3. How much time is required for CLAT preparation?
Ans. Each topic may be studied consistently and with an appropriate study schedule to aid in CLAT preparation. Make sure you read the appropriate book for each topic and practice the prior year’s papers to gauge the level of difficulty. Additionally, be sure to routinely take the mock exam series to assess your level of preparedness.