ICSE Class 10 Computer Applications Syllabus 2022-23
ICSE Class 10 Computer Applications Syllabus: In order to score well in the upcoming ICSE exams, students must go through the ICSE 10th preparation tips mentioned below:
Make a schedule: Following a set schedule, one can strategically optimize their time and proceed accordingly.
Finish syllabus before time: It is advised to finish the syllabus at least one and half months early as this boosts the confidence of students. It helps maintain their calm during exams. It also gives plenty of time for efficacious revision with sample papers and mock tests.
Practice sample papers: Anyone willing to score maximum knows the importance of solving ICSE previous years question papers and sample papers. Practicing them help students know the type of questions asked in the exam, know the marking scheme and help them solve the complete paper in the stipulated time.
ICSE Class 10 Computer Applications Syllabus
For class 10 students, the curriculum serves as a guide. They have a clear knowledge of what they must study to pass the course thanks to the syllabus. It provides information on each module that students must finish in order to earn good grades. This syllabus includes a description of each module that details the knowledge a student will have acquired upon completion of that module. The following are some of the class 10 computer applications curriculum modules:
- Class as the basics of all computation.
- Different functions
- Class as a defined type
ICSE Class 10 Computer Applications Syllabus:
The class 10 computer applications syllabus includes a lot of additional information that can be very useful to the students in addition to the topics or modules that will be covered in the course. Consequently, let’s list the details you can learn from the class 10 computer applications syllabus:
- To further cement the knowledge they have learned in class, students are required to complete a laboratory project. One practical project using the lessons from class must be completed by each student in the lab.
- The syllabus includes a list of assignments for students’ reference. They must decide on and complete a project. The creation of an algorithm, a design, implementation, and testing are all necessary for the project’s drafting.
- Through a practical project, students must demonstrate their proficiency using word processors, spreadsheets, and databases. The curriculum includes a number of choices for this assignment.
- A teacher from within the school as well as a teacher from outside the school who has been recommended by the head of the school will evaluate the children. The external instructor has the remaining marks; the internal teacher has 50 marks in his or her possession.
- The types of equipment required for practical projects are also mentioned in the syllabus.
ICSE Class 10 Computer Applications Syllabus: Important Topics
Eight modules make up the ICSE Class 10 Computer Applications, which are equally divided between two semesters. Even though all of the subjects are crucial, the following are some ideas you must be familiar with before the test:
Unit 1: Revision of Class 9 Syllabus
- Object-oriented Programming
- Operators in Java
- Value and Data types
- Conditional Constructs in Java
Unit 2: Class as the Basis of all Computation
- Objects and Classes
- Primitive and Composite Data Types
- Objects as instances of a class
Unit 3: User-Defined Methods
- Syntax of Method
- Ways to invoke a method
- Pure and Impure methods
- Using multiple methods
- Actual and Formal Parameters
Unit 4: Constructors
- Types of Constructors
- Uses of Constructors
- Difference between Method and Constructor
Unit 5: Library Classes
- Wrapper Class and its Methods
- Autoboxing and Unboxing
Unit 6: Encapsulation
- Access Specifiers
- Visibility Rules for Access Specifiers
- Scope of Variables
Unit 7: Arrays
- Arrays and their types
- Search Techniques
- Accepting data in double dimensional arrays
Unit 8: String Handling
- String Class
- Methods of String Class
- Implementation of String Class Methods
- Extracting and Modifying Characters of a String
How do I study computer applications for class 10 ICSE to score 100?
The first thing that was applicable, then in 2016(and most probably it is even now),is that boards paper always follows the same trend.Questions will obviously be different,but if you’ll see past 4–5 years papers,you’ll definitely find a pattern in programming questions. So to increase your speed and accuracy,solve all those questions and similar type questions a lot.
Second thing is boards may say that paper is logical ,but actually it’s not. You’ve got to learn the pattern for every particular and separate type of question. Just think logically,the person checking your paper has got a whole bundle of it,so definitely he won’t be typing your program to see if it’s working.He will just have a quick look at it,and if he finds logic and basic outline correct in his first view,then only he will go into detail of correcting and marking it .So since you don’t know the examiner personally and for him you’re just a candidate ,but for you those marks matter a lot,so it is the golden rule of boards, “don’t mess with the examiner ”. To learn that particular logic ,I would strongly suggest,forget all your past,and sit and discuss this with your school teacher. Coaching students already know this,as their tutor takes special care of this point.
Found this article helpful?
Contact us via chat or give our senior counsellor a call at +91-9625869989 to find out more about the different options and streams that are accessible.
We would truly appreciate it if you could impart some of your knowledge. By using our app, quizzes, and YouTube class help, you can untangle any uncertainty if you’re focused on obtaining the greatest grades Adda247
ICSE Class 10 Computer Applications Syllabus: FAQs
Question 1 Does the percentage for class 10 include computer marks?
Ans. In the Class 10 CBSE 2021 exam, do computer scores add up? Computer marks are included in the CBSE Class 10 Board Exams because it is an additional topic.
Question 2 Are computer markings significant?
Ans. Yes, computer scores have been incorporated into the CBSE class 10 board exams. Computers are a separate subject, as well. It can take the place of a theory course in which we did not do well academically.
Question 3 How do I get a 100 in the ICSE?
Ans. Advice for passing the ICSE Class 10 Math Exam:
- Establish a good timetable. Students should adhere to a structured study schedule to make the process more efficient.
- Cover the course material.
- Make your concepts clear.
- Solve the question paper from last year.
- Construct study notes.