CSAB Special rounds for NIT’s, IIIT’s, and GFTI’s: CSAB Special Rounds for NIT’s, IIIT’s, and GFTI’s is expected to start soon. The results for the sixth round of regular counselling have been declared. Students, who want to upgrade their seats in exchange for the allotted colleges, can do so now by participating in the special counselling rounds.
The counselling rounds are conducted by CSAB. Students can get themselves registered using the official website. The procedure is the same as participating in the regular counselling rounds. Students are required to register with their existing accounts and pay the counselling registration fee.
Read About: How to Prepare for NEET 2022
CSAB special rounds counselling for Admission in NITs in 2021 – Highlights
|Name of the Admission process||Central Seat Allocation Board Special Round|
|Commonly known as||CSAB Special Round|
|Conducting Authority||Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)|
|Type of Admission||Undergraduate|
|Mode of admission||JEE Main Rank|
|Admission Institutes||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs (If seat vacant after JoSAA)|
Read About: SRMJEEE 2022
JoSAA CSAB Special Counselling Rounds Schedule for Admission in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2021
CSAB NIT Admission 2021: Check Complete Special Round Schedule
NIT+ Admission Event
Dates and Time
Display of vacancies after completion of all JoSAA rounds
November 27, 2021
Registration, Payment of Participation/Processing Fee and Choice Filling begins
November 28, 2021
Last date for Registration, Payment of Participation/Processing Fee and Choice Filling
November 30, 2021
Seat Allotment Result – Special Round 1
December 2, 2021
A) Exercising any one of the following options based on the outcome of Special Round-1
B) Online reporting: Seat Acceptance fee payment /document upload/response by candidate to query (if required)
December 2 (5 pm) to December 4 (12 noon)
Last day to respond to query (Special Round-1)
December 5 (2 pm)
Seat Allotment Result – Special Round 2
December 7, 2021
Round 2 online reporting: Seat acceptance fee payment /document upload / response by candidate to query (if required)
December 7 to 9, 2021
Candidates who confirmed their admission will report at allotted institutes after JoSAA 6th round and CSAB special rounds
December 7 to 13, 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Special Counselling Rounds by CSAB for Admission in NIT’s, IIIT’s, and GFTI’s 2021
- Students can only be allotted seats in NIT’s, IIIT’s, and GFTI’s through special counselling rounds only if seats are vacant after all six rounds of regular counselling by JoSAA.
- A student should have successfully qualified for JEE Mains 2021.
- A student who was not allotted a seat in counselling by JoSAA or hasn’t participated earlier in the counselling rounds can take part in the special counselling dates.
How to register for JoSAA CSAB Special Counselling Rounds for Admission in NIT’s, IIIT’s, and GFTI’s 2021
Students can follow the steps given below to register for the special counselling rounds. The first step is to visit the website and follow the steps according to the given sequence.
- Students must register themselves using the JEE Main Application number and password. The registration process is conducted in online mode.
- Students are to upload the required set of documents to the website for registering. Other details will remain the same as provided during the filling of the application form of JEE Main. Students are to upload scanned images of all educational documents and caste certificates if applicable.
- Specially abled students will have to upload a scanned copy of their disability certificate.
Documents required to register for CSAB Special Admission Counselling Rounds for NITs, IITs, and GFTIs 2021
We have given a list of documents required for CSAB Cocounseling below. Students can check out the list and get ready for the CSAB special counselling rounds of 2021 accordingly.
- Class 10 Certificate
- Class 12 Marksheet
- Category certificate – Gen, Gen-EWS, OBC NCL, SC & ST candidates
- PwD certificate, if applicable
- NRI candidates will have to upload scanned images of their Passport.
- OCI/PIO candidates need to upload the OCI/PIO card.
- Candidates will be needed to provide their bank account details
- Students need to fill the form carefully as any mistakes did can’t be rectified at a later stage. This will also lead to the loss of their seat at any of the premier institutes of the country.
Fee Payment for JoSAA CSAB 2021 Special Counselling Rounds for Admission in NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs
- Students need to pay the application fee. Note that the fee is non-refundable, irrespective of whether the students are allotted a seat or not.
- The fee payment is to be done through online mode. You can either use a debit or credit card for online payment. Other payment options are also available such as digital wallets including GPay, Paytm and others.
- Below is a structured fee payment list is given for all the students. You can check the table below before paying the counselling fees for special counselling rounds.
|All fresh candidates including candidates after JoSAA 2021 who did not pay the seat acceptance fees||Rs.36,500||Rs.16,500|
|The candidate who is participating in CSAB Special Round after JoSAA 2021 seat allotment and retaining the JoSAA seat||Rs.36,500||Rs.16,500|
|Students who were allotted a seat in JoSAA through SC/ST/PwD category but registered in CSAB through different category||Rs.21,500||N/A|
|Those who got a seat in JoSAA, accepted the seat and paid seat acceptance fees but did not report to the allotted college||Rs.1,500||Rs.1,500|
Read About: WBJEE 2022
Online Choice filling and seat locking in Special Counselling Round by CSAB
As the payment has been done, students are now required to fill in choices of colleges they would like to take admission in according to the rank scored in JEE Mains. The concerned authorities will go through the list of filled out colleges and if the student is eligible for the seat, he or she will be assigned the seat.
Now, the students who have not been allotted colleges in the first round or are not satisfied with the seats allotted are left with few options. Let’s have a look at the available options.
- Freeze: The student can accept the seat allotted to him or her through the special counselling round authorities.
- Slide: Students can slide the seat available. In this case, they are opting for higher preferences in the same college if applicable. If no higher preferences are available then he or she will have to continue with the allotted program.
- Float: In this option, students will prefer higher preferences in any institute. If not applicable, then he or she will continue with the same set of academic programs that have already been allotted. ]
- Surrender and participate in the next round: In this option, students will have to give up their seat which they are currently allotted. Only then they will be allowed to attend the next round, in such a case, there is a higher probability of losing the seat altogether as the next eligible candidate is allotted the seat. The student who has given up the seat won’t get it back if he or she doesn’t get seats in the next counselling rounds. This option is riskier and not preferred by most of the students.
- Surrender and not participate in the next round: In this option, the student surrenders the allotted seat and opts out of all the counselling rounds. No fee will be refunded even if a student backs out from the counselling rounds.
Seat Acceptance Fee payment for seat locking in Special Counselling Round by CSAB 2021
This is one of the final rounds of counselling. In this students are required to submit the seat acceptance fee according to their category. The list of fee payments for seat acceptance is given below. Students can have a look at it. The fee payment is to be done online.
|Type of Candidates||Fee for Gen/Gen-EWS/OBC||Fee for SC/ST/PwD|
|A candidate who has been allotted a seat in the first round and accepts the seat||Rs.35,000||Rs.15,000|
|The students who have been allotted a seat through JoSAA rounds and have been allotted a seat in Special Round 1 wish to accept the seat.||–||-l|
Reporting to allotted colleges by Special Counselling Round of CSAB 2021
Students who have been allotted colleges now need to report to the colleges online. To do so, visit the college website and keep a regular track of the notifications regarding the reporting date. Students will have to carry all the important documents uploaded at the time of registering for the counselling rounds.
All the documents will be verified in person by the college authorities as the student reports to the institute physically. Once this is done, students will be allotted dorms and id cards. Also, they will be officially a part of the institute. The orientation and other details regarding the academic year will be notified via the college website.
Josaa CSAB NIT+ Admissions 2021
JoSAA has completed the regular counselling rounds for admission to prestigious colleges like the NIT’s, IIIT’s, and GFTI’s. The seats which haven’t yet been filled after the regular counselling sessions will now be again distributed among the students by the CSAB.
Students will have to pay the application fee and register themselves for the special counselling rounds. Documents are not required to be uploaded again for the students who have already taken part in JoSAA counselling.
The students who haven’t taken part in the counselling rounds or were not allotted seats can also take part in the special counselling rounds conducted by CSAB.
The only condition is that the students must have qualified JEE Mains 2021 to be eligible for the special counselling rounds. Students will have three options to opt for, while the rounds take place.
The first is that students can lock their seats. Secondly, students can lock the seats and try for seat upgrades in the same institute. Thirdly, students can search for opportunities to upgrade seats in any other branch of other available colleges.
Fourthly, students are also allowed to release their seats and not take part in any further counselling rounds by CSAB. This will directly mean that the student will give up the seat allotted to him or her. The CSAB will then be allowed to assign the same seat to the next eligible candidate at its own discretionary rights.
If a student is not sure regarding the counselling rounds, he or she must contact the counselling officers at the earliest through official mail id’s given on the website. They will help the candidate to understand the entire process and will even conduct a mock counselling round individually for the ones who require it.
The students who haven’t registered on the counselling websites before this, need to register themselves by providing valid documents. Students will have to display the same documents at the time of admission, report to individual institutes too and hence they should be valid ones.
Students must register themselves using the JEE Main Application number and password. The registration process is conducted in online mode. The fee payment is to be done through online mode. You can either use a debit or credit card for online payment.
Other payment options are also available such as digital wallets including GPay, Paytm and others. Students will also be able to self finance their education through the various education loans provided by the banks.
Students require to submit basic documents such as address proof and age proof for availing of the bank loans that will lessen their burden of education fees. The education loan covers all the expenses of a student like the tuition fees, mess fees and accessories required to be bought during the tenure of 4 years and more.
The students will be responsible for paying back the education fees once they get a job after graduation. A minimal amount of fee will be charged for the bank education loan availed by a candidate.
FAQs on JoSAA CSAB Special Round Admission Counselling 2021 for NIT+, IIITs, and GFTIs
When is the starting date for special counselling rounds by CSAB?
The starting dates for special counselling rounds by CSAB will soon be announced. We will update the states in this article. Stay connected to this article till then to know the starting dates for counselling rounds.
Can I participate in the special counselling rounds by CSAB if I haven’t qualified for JEE Mains?
No, you won’t be able to participate in the counselling rounds if you haven’t qualified for JEE Mains 2021.
What should I do if I am unable to get a seat through special counselling rounds by CSAB?
You can fill out state counselling application forms and participate in the state engineering colleges. Few of the state colleges are considered to be even better than a few new NIT’s in terms of placement and packages.
Should I drop a year if I am unable to get a seat?
Dropping a year should be your last option. Try to check if you can participate in the state counselling rounds. You have a higher chance of getting admitted to state colleges using the state quota.
Do I need to pay the registration fee again if I have already paid during JoSAA Counselling?
Yes, you will have to pay the registration fee again as both JoSAA and CSAB are different boards responsible for seat allocation.