Accountancy Class 11 Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy syllabus 2022-23 has been released, students can prepare for the upcoming exams with the help of the syllabus. The CBSE Class 11 Accountancy syllabus 2022-23 is available for the students, they can download it from the official website. Accounts are introduced at the higher secondary level. The CBSE Class 11 Accountancy syllabus 2022-23 provides students foundation in basic accounting concepts. The complete course of Accountancy at the senior level introduces the students to the world of business. In this article, we have included all the information students need, with question paper design, marks distribution, unit-wise summary, project work, and reference books.
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23, has three parts, Parts A, B, and C. These parts contain three units. The below-given table will give you a brief about the units, the number of periods to complete each unit, and the marks distribution of each unit. Part C includes Project work, which is 20 marks and the other parts of the CBSE class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23 are considered the theory part. There are three units, Theoretical Framework, Accounting Process, Financial Statements of a sole proprietorship. Here, Students can get to know about the marks of each unit, which will help the students to know which unit carries more marks.
|Part A: Financial Accounting-1|
|Unit-1: Theoretical Framework||25||12|
|Unit-2: Accounting Process||115||44|
|Part B: Financial Accounting-II|
|Unit-3: Financial Statements of Sole Proprietorship||60||24|
|Part C: Project Work||20||20|
- CBSE Class 9 English Syllabus 2022-2023
- Check: CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2022-2023
- CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus 2022-23
Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23 PDF Download
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23: unit wise summary
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23: Unit 1
Part A: Financial Accounting-1
Unit-1: Theoretical FrameWork
Introduction to Accounting
- Accounting- concept, meaning, as a source of information, objectives, advantages, and limitations, types of accounting information; users of accounting information and their needs. Qualitative Characteristics of Accounting Information. Role of Accounting in Business.
- Basic Accounting Terms- Entity, Business Transaction, Capital, Drawings. Liabilities (Non-Current and Current). Assets (Non-Current, Current); Expenditure (Capital and Revenue), Expense, Revenue, Income, Profit, Gain, Loss, Purchase, Sales, Goods, Stock, Debtor, Creditor, Voucher, Discount (Trade discount and Cash Discount)
- Theory Base of Accounting
- Fundamental accounting assumptions: GAAP: Concept
- Basic accounting concepts: Business Entity, Money Measurement, Going Concerned, Accounting Period, Cost Concept, Dual Aspect, Revenue Recognition, Matching, Full Disclosure, Consistency, Conservatism, Materiality, and Objectivity
- System of Accounting. Basis of Accounting: cash basis and accrual basis
- Accounting Standards: Applicability in IndAS
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): Characteristics and Advantages.
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23 Unit-2: Accounting Process
Recording of Business Transactions
- Voucher and Transactions: Source documents and Vouchers, Preparation of Vouchers, Accounting Equation Approach: Meaning and Analysis, Rules of Debit and Credit.
- Recording of Transactions: Books of Original Entry- Journal
- Special Purpose books:
- Cash Book: Simple, cash book with bank column and petty cashbook
- Purchases book
- Sales book
- Purchases return book
- Sales return book
- Journal proper
- Ledger: Format, Posting from journal and subsidiary books, Balancing of accounts
Bank Reconciliation Statement:
- Need and preparation, Bank Reconciliation Statement Depreciation, Provisions and Reserves
- Depreciation: Meaning, Features, Need,
- Other similar terms: Depletion and
- Methods of Depreciation:
i.Straight Line Method (SLM) ii. Written Down Value Method (WDV)
- Difference between SLM and WDV;
Advantages of SLM and WDV
- Method of recoding depreciation
i.Charging to asset account ii. Creating provision for depreciation/accumulated depreciation account
- Treatment of disposal of the asset
- Provisions, Reserves, Difference Between Provisions and Reserves.
- Types of Reserves:
i.Revenue reserve ii. Capital reserve iii. General reserve iv. Specific reserve v. Secret Reserve
- Difference between capital and revenue reserve
Trial balance and Rectification of Errors
- Trial balance: objectives, meaning, and preparation
- Errors: classification errors of omission, commission, principles, and compensating; their effect on Trial Balance.
- Detection and rectification of errors;
- Errors that do not affect the trial balance
- Errors that affect the trial balance
- preparation of suspense account.
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23 Unit-3: Financial Statements of Sole Proprietorship
Part B: Financial Accounting – II
Financial Statements – Meaning, objectives, and importance; Revenue and Capital Receipts; Revenue and Capital Expenditure; Deferred Revenue expenditure. Opening journal entry. Trading and Profit and Loss Account: Gross Profit, Operating Profit, and Net profit. Preparation. Balance Sheet: need, grouping, and marshaling of assets and liabilities. Preparation. Adjustments in preparation of financial statements concerning closing stock, outstanding expenses, prepaid expenses, accrued income, income received in advance, depreciation, bad debts, provision for doubtful debts, provision for discount on debtors, Abnormal loss, Goods taken for personal use/staff welfare, interest on capital and managers commission. Preparation of Trading and Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet of a sole proprietorship with adjustments.
Part C: Project Works
- Collection of source documents, preparation of vouchers, and recording of transactions with the help of vouchers.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement with the given cash book and the passbook with twenty to twenty-five transactions.
- Comprehensive project of any sole proprietorship business. This may state with journal entries and their lingering, preparation of Trial balance. Trading and Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet. Expenses, incomes, profit (loss), assets, and liabilities are to be depicted using a pie chart/bar diagram.
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23: Project Works
After the completion of the syllabus, students have to undertake a project on the preparation of Financial Statements. The students will be given topics based on Business or they can develop the transaction of an imaginary business. The students have to include all the skills they have learned throughout the course.
List of Options for business
- A beauty parlor
- Men’s saloon
- A tailoring shop
- A canteen
- A cake shop
- A confectionery shop
- A chocolate shop
- A dry cleaner
- A stationery shop
- Men wear
- Kiddies wear
- A Saree shop
- Artificial jewelry shop
- A small restaurant
- A sweet shop
- A grocery shop
- A shoe shop
- A coffee shop
- A music shop
- A juice shop
- A school canteen
- An ice cream parlor
- A sandwich shop
- A flower shop
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23: Question paper Design
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23 Question Paper Design includes the type of questions students should expect in the exam. It also includes the basic design of the paper, with marks distribution. The total time given to the students to complete the exam is three hours. The total marks of the assessment are 100, in which theory is 80 marks and project works is 20 marks.
|CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23: Question paper Design
|S N||Typology of Questions||Marks||Percentage|
|1||Remembering and Understanding||44||55%|
|3||Analysing, Evaluating, and Creating
CBSE Class 11 Accountancy Syllabus 2022-23: FAQs
- Who prepares the syllabus for class 11 Accountancy?
Ans. CBSE prepares the syllabus for all the academic years for all the classes. CBSE has the authority over the syllabus and the academic curriculum, only CBSE has the power to change and delete any topic from the syllabus.
- Is the CBSE syllabus for class 11 Accountancy out?
Ans. The CBSE class 11 Accountancy syllabus has been released on the official website. Students can download the syllabus and keep it with them for further reference. The syllabus will help the students to cover all the topics without missing anything.
- How to prepare for the Class 11 Accountancy exam?
Ans. To prepare for the class 11 Accountancy exam, students should first download the CBSE class 11 Accountancy syllabus 2022-23, to know all the topics in the syllabus and go through it properly. Students can cover all the topics and keep a check on their studies.