CBSE Deleted Syllabus for Class 12 Biology: Being updated with the syllabus helps in strategizing the study plans accordingly. Biology is a concept-based subject in which you can score well if your basics are clear. Biology is a subject that becomes clearer each time you practice it. Formulas need to be remembered for acing certain topics.
CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 12 Biology
Due to the Covid-19 situation, no proper school functioning is taking place. There is increasing stress on student’s shoulders and it is very difficult to cover the entire syllabus in online classes. So CBSE has decided to reduce the syllabus by 30% of all classes.
CBSE Biology Theory Deleted Syllabus for Class 12
The topics which have been deleted are mentioned below. Do check out the table for more information.
|Serial Number||Chapter Number||Deleted Topics|
|1||Reproduction in Organism||· Reproduction
· modes of reproduction – asexual and sexual reproduction
· asexual reproduction – binary fission
· gemmule formation
· vegetative propagation in plants.
|Unit 7: Genetics and Evolution|
|1||Evolution||· Origin of life
· biological evolution and evidence for biological evolution (paleontology, comparative anatomy, embryology, and molecular evidence);
· Darwin’s contribution
· modern synthetic theory of evolution
· mechanism of evolution – variation (mutation and recombination) and natural selection with examples, types of natural selection;
· Gene flow and genetic drift;
· Hardy – Weinberg’s principle; adaptive radiation; human evolution.
|Unit 8: Biology and Human Welfare|
|1||Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production||· Animal husbandry, Plant breeding, tissue culture, single-cell protein.|
|Unit 10: Ecology and Environment|
|1||Ecosystem||· Ecosystems: Patterns, components; productivity and decomposition; energy flow; pyramids of number, biomass, energy; nutrient cycles (carbon and phosphorous); ecological succession; ecological services – carbon fixation, pollination, seed dispersal, oxygen release (in brief).|
|2||Environmental Issues||· Air pollution and its control; water pollution and its control; agrochemicals and their effects; solid waste management; radioactive waste management; greenhouse effect and climate change impact and mitigation; ozone layer depletion; deforestation; exemplifying case study as a success story addressing the environmental issue.|
CBSE Biology Practical Deleted Syllabus for Class 12
List of Experiments
- Study the presence of suspended particulate matter in the air at two widely different sites.
- Study the plant population density by the quadrat method.
- Study the plant population frequency by the quadrat method.
Study/Observer of the following (spotting)
- Pollen germination on stigma through a permanent slide or scanning electron micrograph.
- Mendelian inheritance using seeds of different colors/sizes of any plant.
- Controlled pollination – emasculation, tagging, and bagging.
1. What is the syllabus of class 12th bio?
The syllabus of class 12th biology remains the same as the previous year. the changed syllabus has been given in the table above.
2. Which chapters are deleted from class 12 biology?
The topics which have been deleted from chapters of Class 12 biology have been mentioned above.
3. How many books are there in biology class 12?
There are 3 books in NCERT for Biology in Class 12.
4. Is Ncert enough for NEET?
Yes, NCERT Biology for Class 12 is enough for NEET.
5. Is Ncert enough for JEE mains?
In JEE mains, Biology is not required. You need three subjects for JEE namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Maths