Class 11 Sociology Deleted Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Deleted Syllabus For Class 11 Sociology: Sociology is an optional subject of Class 11. Sociology subject can be taken as optional in Humanities and it is equally important. Sociology is a theoretical based subject. In order to increase your overall percentage student needs to make their optional subject strong. It can make or break the percentage of students.
CBSE Class 11 Sociology Deleted Syllabus
Due to the Covid-19 situation, no proper school functioning is taking place. There is a increasing stress on student’s shoulders and it is very difficult to cover entire syllabus in online classes. So CBSE has decided to reduce the syllabus by 30% of all classes.
Here student can check the deleted portions from Sociology subject for Class 11 2022-23 academic year:-
|Introducing Society||Doing Sociology: Research Methods|
|1. Social Structure, Stratification And Social Processes In Society
2. Environment and Society
Complete syllabus for Class 11 Sociology 2022-2023
Unit 1: Society and Sociology and Relationship with other Social Sciences
- Introducing Society: Individuals and collectivities. Plural Perspectives
- Introducing Sociology: Emergence. Nature and Scope. Relationship to other disciplines
Unit 2: Basic Concepts and their use in Sociology
- Social Groups
- Status and Role
- Social Stratification
- Society & Social Control
Unit 3: Understanding Social Institutions
- Family, Marriage and Kinship
- Work & Economic Life
- Political Institutions
- Religion as a Social Institution
- Education as a Social Institution
Unit 4: Culture and Socialization
- Culture, Values and Norms: Shared, Plural, Contested
- Socialization: Conformity, Conflict and the Shaping of Personality
Unit 5: Doing Sociology: Research Methods
- Methods: Participant Observation, Survey
- Tools and Techniques: Observation, Interview, Questionaire
- The Significance of Field Work in Sociology
Unit 6: Structure, Process and Stratification
- Social Structure
- Social Stratification: Class, Caste, Race, Gender
- Social Processes: Cooperation, Competition, Conflict
Unit 7: Social Change and Social order in Rural & Urban Society
- Social Change: Types and Dimensions; Causes and Consequences
- Social Order: Domination, Authority and Law; Contestation, Crime and Violence
- Village, Town and City: Changes in Rural and Urban Society
Unit 8: Environment and Society
- Ecology and Society
- Environmental Crises and Social Responses
- Sustainable Development
Unit 9: Introducing Western Sociologists
- Karl Marx on Class Conflict
- Emile Durkheim on Division of Labour
- Max Weber on Bureaucracy
Unit 10: Indian Sociologists
- G.S. Ghurye on Race and Caste
- D.P. Mukherjee on Tradition and Change
- A.R. Desai on the State
- M.N. Srinivas on the Village
CBSE Class 12 Deleted Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Class 11 Deleted Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Class 10 Deleted Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Class 9 Deleted Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Class 11 Sociology Deleted Syllabus 2022-23: FAQs
What does it mean to study sociology?
Sociology is the study of society and human behaviour and relationships which are interlinked with each other.
What are the 7 areas of sociology?
The seven areas of sociology are
- Social Organization.
- Sociological Social Psychology.
- Social Change. Source
- Human Ecology. Source
- Population and Demographics
- Applied Sociology
- Sociological Methods & Research.
What is the main purpose of sociology?
The main purpose of sociology is to highlight the changes in different areas of our society and how to overcome these changes and mingle with it.
What is sociology with example?
An example of sociology can be a friend who visits the religious festival of another friend from different religion.