Class 9 Syllabus 2022-23 SST- Social Science
The CBSE class 9 syllabus 2023 has been released and the students can download the syllabus to the official website of CBSE in PDF. Here, in this article we have included all the units with unit-wise summary and marks distribution this will help the students to know which subject carries how much weightage in the question paper. Social science is a subject and it is divided into 4 subdivisions which are geography History civics and economics. The social science syllabus also includes map work and project work which is of 5 marks each. Social science helps the students to develop a broader perspective and better Outlook of the world. The subdivisions of social science provide a comprehensive view of society, each subject has its importance.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE class 9 social science syllabus 2023 consists of 4 units. The objectives of the syllabus are to make the student understand the process of change and development in both space and time through which human society has evolved. It helps the students to develop an understanding of contemporary India from a historical perspective. The syllabus will help the students to cover all the topics and to make a study timetable to complete the portion on time. They will not face any hustle before the exam. Here in this article, we have included a unit-wise summary and their marks and the number of periods to complete the units. We have also included the question paper design to make students understand the pattern of the question paper.
|CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2023: Units|
|Units||No. of Periods||Marks|
|India and the Contemporary World – I||60||20|
|Contemporary India – I||55||20|
|Democratic Politics – I||50||20|
- CBSE Class 9 English Syllabus 2022-2023
- Check: CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2022-2023
- CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus 2022-23
Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23 Pdf Download
Click here to download the official CBSE SocialScience Syllabus 2023 pdf
Download CBSE Class 9 Social science syllabus pdf
Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23: NCERT Unit-wise summary
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2023: Unit 1
Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23 Unit 1: India and the contemporary world-I
Themes and Content
Section 1: Events and Processes:
- The French Revolution:
- French Society During the Late Eighteenth Century
- The Outbreak of the Revolution
- France Abolishes Monarchy and Becomes a Republic
- Did Women have a Revolution?
- The Abolition of Slavery
- The Revolution and Everyday Life
2. Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution:
- The Age of Social Change
- The Russian Revolution
- The February Revolution in Petrograd
- What Changed after October?
- The Global Influence of the Russian Revolution and the USSR
3. Nazism and the Rise of Hitler:
- Birth of the Weimar Republic
- Hitler’s Rise to Power
- The Nazi Worldview
- Youth in Nazi Germany
- Ordinary People and the Crimes Against Humanity
Section 2: Livelihoods, Economies, and Societies:
- Forest Society and Colonialism:
- Why Deforestation?
- The Rise of Commercial Forestry
- Rebellion in the Forest
Forest Transformations in Java
2. Pastoralists in the Modern World:
- Pastoral Nomads and their Movements
- Colonial Rule and Pastoral Life
- Pastoralism in Africa
Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23: Unit 2
Unit 2: Contemporary India – I
Themes and Objectives
- India and the World
- India’s Neighbours
- Physical Features of India:
- Major Physiographic Divisions – Himalayan Mountains, Northern Plains, Peninsular Plateau, Indian Desert, Coastal Plains, Islands
- Drainage Systems in India
- The Himalayan Rivers – Ganga and Brahmaputra River System
- The Peninsular Rivers- Narmada Basin, Tapti Basin, Godavari Basin, Mahanadi Basin, Krishna Basin, Kaveri Basin
- Role of Rivers in the Economy
- River Pollution
- Climatic Controls
- Factors influencing India’s climate – Latitude, Altitude, Pressure, and Winds (excluding Jet Streams and Western Cyclonic Disturbances and related figures)
- The Seasons – Cold Weather Season, Hot Weather Season, Advancing Monsoon, Retreating/Post Monsoons
- Distribution of Rainfall
- Monsoon as a unifying bond
- Natural Vegetation and Wild Life:
- Types of Vegetation – Tropical Evergreen Forests, Tropical Deciduous Forests, Thorn Forests, and Shrubs, Montane Forests, Mangrove Forests
- Wild Life
- Population Size and Distribution – India’s Population Size and Distribution by Numbers, India’s Population Distribution by Density
- Population Growth and Processes of Population Change – Population Growth, Processes of Population Change/Growth
Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23: Unit 3
Unit 3: Democratic Politics –I
Themes and contents
- What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
- What is Democracy?
- Features of Democracy
- Why Democracy?
- Broader Meanings of Democracy
- Constitutional Design:
- Democratic Constitution in South Africa
- Why do we need a Constitution?
- Making of the Indian Constitution
- Guiding Values of the Indian Constitution
- Electoral Politics:
- Why Elections?
- What is our System of Elections?
- What makes elections in India democratic?
- Working of Institutions:
- How is the major policy decision taken?
- Political Executive
- The Judiciary
- Democratic Rights:
- Life without Rights
- Rights in a Democracy
- Rights in the Indian Constitution
- Expanding scope of rights
Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23: Unit 4
Unit 4: Economics
Themes and content
- The Story of Village Palampur:
- Organization of Production
- Farming in Palampur
- Non-farm activities in Palampur
- People as Resource:
- Economic Activities by Men and Women
- Quality of Population
- Poverty as a Challenge:
- Two typical cases of Poverty
- Poverty as seen by Social Scientists
- Poverty Estimates
- Vulnerable Groups
- Interstate Disparities
- Global Poverty Scenario
- Causes of Poverty
- Anti-Poverty measures
- The Challenges Ahead
- Food Security in India:
- What is Food Security?
- Why Food Security?
- Who is food insecure?
- Food Security in India
- What is Buffer Stock?
- What is the Public Distribution System?
- Current Status of Public Distribution System
- Role of Cooperatives in food security
Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23: Project Work
Projects for class 9 social science carry 5 marks. Every student must undertake one project on Disaster management. The objective of making students work on Disaster management is to create awareness about natural calamities and disasters and their consequences and management. This project is based on real-life skills development.
|The content accuracy, originality, and analysis||2|
|Presentation and creativity||2|
NCERT Books for CBSE Class 9 Social science SST Syllabus 2022-23
- India and the Contemporary World – I (History) – Published by NCERT
- Contemporary India – I (Geography) – Published by NCERT
- Democratic Politics – I Published by NCERT
- Economics – Published by NCERT
- Together, Towards a Safer India – Part II, a textbook on Disaster Management for Class IX – Published by CBSE
Question Paper Design Based on Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23
Question paper design for CBSE Class 9 social science syllabus 2023 includes four units, India and the contemporary world-I, Contemporary India, democratic politics-I, and economics. Question paper design helps the students to understand the weightage of every section of the question paper. Below given table shows the competencies, total marks, and weightage in percentage.
|1||Remembering and Understanding||28||35%|
|3||Formulating, Analyzing, Evaluating, and Creating||32||40%|
|Periodic Assessment||Pen Paper Test Assessment using multiple strategies, for example, Quiz, Debate, Role Play, Viva, Group Discussion, Visual Expression, Interactive Bulletin Boards, Gallery Walks, Exit Cards, Concept Maps, Peer Assessment, Self-Assessment, etc.||10|
Class 9 CBSE Social Science SST Syllabus 2022-23: Map List
Subject – History
Chapter-1: The French Revolution
Outline the Political Map of France (For locating and labeling / Identification)
Chapter-2: Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
Outline Political Map of World (For locating and labeling / Identification)
- Major countries of the First World War (Central Powers and Allied Powers)
- Central Powers – Germany, Austria-Hungary, Turkey (Ottoman Empire) Allied Powers – France, England, Russia, U.S.A.
Chapter-3: Nazism and Rise of Hitler
Outline Political Map of World (For locating and labeling / Identification)
- Major countries of Second World War Axis Powers – Germany, Italy, Japan Allied Powers – UK, France, Former USSR, USA
- Territories under German expansion (Nazi Power)
Austria, Poland, Czechoslovakia (only Slovakia is shown on the map), Denmark, Lithuania, France, Belgium
Subject– Geography (Outline Political Map of India)
Chapter -1: India-Size and Location
- India-States with Capitals, Tropic of Cancer, Standard Meridian (Location and Labelling)
Chapter -2: Physical Features of India
- Mountain Ranges: The Karakoram, The Zasker, The Shivalik, The Aravali, The
Vindhya, The Satpura, Western & Eastern Ghats
- Mountain Peaks – K2, Kanchan Junga, Anai Mudi
- Plateau – Deccan Plateau, Chotta Nagpur Plateau, Malwa Plateau
- Coastal Plains – Konkan, Malabar, Coromandal & Northern Circar (Location and Labelling)
Chapter -3: Drainage
- Rivers: (Identification only) o The Himalayan River Systems-The Indus, The Ganges, and The Satluj o The Peninsular Rivers-The Narmada, The Tapi, The Kaveri, The Krishna, The Godavari, The Mahanadi
- Lakes: Wular, Pulicat, Sambhar, Chilika
Chapter – 4: Climate
- Areas receiving rainfall less than 20 cm and over 400 cm (Identification only)
Chapter – 5: Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
- Vegetation Type: Tropical Evergreen Forest, Tropical Deciduous Forest, Thorn Forest, Montane Forests, and Mangrove- For identification only
- National Parks: Corbett, Kaziranga, Ranthambore, Shivpuri, Kanha, Simlipal & Manas
- Bird Sanctuaries: Bharatpur and Ranganthitto
- Wild Life Sanctuaries: Sariska, Mudumalai, Rajaji, Dachigam (Location and Labelling)
Chapter – 6: Population (location and labeling)
- The state has the highest and lowest density of population
CBSE Class 9 SST Social science Syllabus 2022-23: FAQs
- How to prepare for social science in CBSE class 9?
Ans. Students can prepare for social science for CBSE class 9 by themselves with the help of the CBSE class 9 social science syllabus 2023. The syllabus can help the students to cover all the topics.
- What are the three compulsory academic subjects in class 9?
Ans. There are five subjects, however, Maths science and social science are the three compulsory academics subjects for class 9th.
- Where can I find the CBSE class 9th SST syllabus?
Ans. Students can download the CBSE class 9 social science syllabus through the official website of CBSE in PDF form and prepare for their exams accordingly.
- What is the Class 9 social science syllabus for 2023?
Ans. The social science syllabus for class 9 includes 4 units India and the contemporary world part 1, contemporary India part 1, democratic politics part 1, and economics. There are four divisions social science geography History civics and economics.