25 Important Previous year Q & A | HCA Study Material [11 October 2021]: ഹൈകോർട്ട് പരീക്ഷകൾക്ക് വിജയം നേടാൻ ധാരാളം മുൻകാല ചോദ്യപേപ്പറുകൾ വിശകലനം ചെയ്യേണ്ടതുണ്ട്. ഹൈ കോർട്ടിലേക്ക് ഒരു ജോലി എന്ന സ്വപ്നം പൂവണിയാൻ ശ്രമിക്കുന്ന എല്ലാ ഉദ്യോഗാർത്ഥികൾക്കും ഇനി വരാൻ പോകുന്ന പരീക്ഷകളെ ധൈര്യത്തോടെ നേരിടാൻ ഞങ്ങളിതാ നിങ്ങൾക്കായി മുൻകാല വർഷങ്ങളിലെ ചോദ്യപേപ്പറുകളിൽ നിന്നും പ്രധാനപ്പെട്ട ചോദ്യങ്ങൾ തിരഞ്ഞെടുത്തു അവയുടെ ഉത്തരങ്ങളും വിശദീകരണത്തോടെ നൽകിയിരിക്കുന്നു. മുൻകാല വർഷങ്ങളിലെ 25 ചോദ്യങ്ങളും , അവയുടെ ഉത്തരങ്ങളും (25 Important Previous year Q & A )ചുവടെ കൊടുത്തിരിക്കുന്നു.
Download your free content now!
To download, സെപ്റ്റംബർ 2021 മാസപ്പതിപ്പ് | ജയം സമകാലികവിവരങ്ങൾ
September Month, please fill the form.
Download your free content now!
Thanks for downloading the guide. For similar guides, free study material, quizzes, videos and job alerts you can download the Adda247 app from play store.
HCA Study Material: 25 Important Previous year Questions (25 ചോദ്യങ്ങൾ)
- 7 Which country holds the major share in the newly formed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIB) ?
A) China B) USA C) Japan D) India
- Dheepan, the film which won the Palme d’Or at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival is a ________film.
- A) Indonesian B) Hindi C) Sinhalese D) French
- The name of the painting by Pablo Picasso which was auctioned for US$ 179.3 million in May 2015.
A) Guernica B) L’Hommeau doigt
C) Les Femmes d’Alger D) The Weeping Woman
- Who won the Men’s Singles Title in the 2015 French Open Tennis Championships?
A) Novak Djokovic B) Roger Federer C) Stan Wawrinka D) Andy Murray
- How many languages in India have been given ‘Classical Language’ status by the Union Government and the language that was selected last for the status?
A) 6 – Odia B) 5 – Malayalam C) 6 – Tamil D) 5 – Kannada
- A barrel contains 100 litres of oil. 1/3rd of it was sold on the first day and 3/4th of the remaining was sold on the next day. What part of the original content remains at the end of the second day?
A) 22.84% B) 1/6 C) 1/2 D) 1/4
- If 57 is multiplied by a certain number, that number is increased by 2016. Find the number.
A) 75 B) 36 C) 48 D) 39
- When the price of rice was reduced by 10% Hema could buy 5 kg more of the rice for Rs. 800. What is the reduced price of the rice ?
A) Rs. 16 B) Rs. 18 C) Rs. 20.50 D) Rs. 21
- If the salary of a person is increased from Rs. 200 per week to Rs. 234 per week, what is the percent increase in the person’s salary?
A) 16% B) 18%
C) 17% D) None of the above
- The average of 15 numbers (written serially) is 205. The average of the first 7 numbers is 185 and the average of the last 7 numbers is 248. What is the middle number?
A) 121 B) 200 C) 136 D) 44
- A man buys 1 kg of potato and 1 kg. of onion paying Rs. 59 as its price. Another man purchases 1 kg of potato and 2 kg of onion at the same rate and pays Rs. 96 as its price. If you want to buy 1/2 kg of potato and 1 kg of onion, how much would you have to pay ?
A) Rs. 44 B) Rs. 48 C) Rs. 46 D) Rs. 39
- The area of a square plot is 1 hectare. Find the cost for wire-fencing around the plot at the rate of Rs. 350 per metre.
- A) Rs. 35,000 B) Rs. 83,500 C) Rs. 1,40,000 D) Rs. 1,35,000
- The prime numbers from amongst the integers 2, 9, 19, 29, 30, 37, 45, 49, 51, 83, 90 and 91 are
A) 2, 19, 29, 37 and 83 B) 19, 29, 37, 49 and 91
C) 19, 37, 49, 51 and 83 D) None of the above
- The ratio of men to women in a committee of 20 members is 3:2. How many members of the committee are women ?
A) 12 B) 10 C) 7 D) 8
- ‘A’ walks 8 km South then 6 km West and 2 km South again. He then walks 3 km east and then walks 6 km north. How many kilometres away is he from his starting point ?
A) 2 km B) 5 km . C) 7 km ; D) 4 km
- A certain amount deposited at compound interest (compounded annually) amounts to Rs. 5,292 in two years and Rs. 5,556.60 in three years. Find the rate of interest.
A) 4% B) 6% C) 5% D) 7.5%
- The distance between A and B is 540 km. A car travels from A to B at a speed of 90 kmph. On the return journey it travels at the speed of 60 kmph. Find the average speed of the whole journey.
A) 75 kmph B) 72 kmph C) 80 kmph , D) None of these
- If the average of 5, 6, 7 and x is 8, what is the value of x ?
A) 8 B) 12 C) 16 D) 14
- An amount of Rs. 1,330 has been divided in the ratio 2/3:3/5. Find the smaller part of this.
A) Rs. 900 B) Rs. 930 C) Rs. 630 D) Rs. 840
- Which is the largest fraction 3/4 , 7/8 , 8/9 , 7/10
A) 25 B) 12.75 C) 250 D) 2500
- Find the sum of all numbers from 45 to 100 (45 +46 +47 + ________ + 100) )
A) 4060 B) 3895 C) 2065 D) 3540
- One-fifth of a number is twelve times thirteen. What is one-sixth of that number ?
A) 96 B) 130 C) 148 D) 210
- Ram is now twice as old as Sita, but 6 years ago he was 5 times as old as Sita. How old is Ram now ?
A) 12 B) 8 C) 16 D) 18
- If a triangle has sides in the ratio 3:4:5, one of its angles will always be
A) 60°. B) 30° C) 45° : D).90
HCA Study Material: 25 Important Previous year Solutions (25 പരിഹാരങ്ങൾ)
- Correct Choice : A) China
Solutions : China is the largest shareholder with 26.61 % voting shares in the bank followed by India (7.6%), Russia (6.01%) and Germany (4.2 %).The regional members hold 75% of the total voting power in the Bank.The AIIB has a governance structure similar to other MDBs (multilateral development bank), with two key differences: it does not have a resident board of executive directors that represents member countries’ interests on a day-to-day basis; andthe AIIB gives more decision making authority to regional countries and the largest shareholder, China.
- Correct Choice : C) Sinhalese
Solutions : Dheepan, the film which won the Palme d’Or at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival is a Sinhalese film.
Dheepan is a 2015 French crime drama film directed by Jacques Audiard and co-written by Audiard, Thomas Bidegain, and Noé Debré. The film was partly inspired by Montesquieu’s Persian Letters, as well as the 1971 film Straw Dogs, with guidance from Antonythasan Jesuthasan, who stars as the title character.
The film tells the story of three Tamil refugees who flee the civil war-ravaged Sri Lanka and come to France, in the hope of reconstructing their lives. The film won the Palme d’Or at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival. It was later shown in the Special Presentations section of the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Correct Choice : C) Les Femmes d’Alger
Solutions : Les Femmes d’Alger (English: Women of Algiers) is a series of 15 paintings and numerous drawings by the Spanish artist Pablo Picasso. The series, created in 1954–1955, was inspired by Eugène Delacroix’s 1834 painting The Women of Algiers in their Apartment (French: Femmes d’Alger dans leur appartement). The series is one of several painted by Picasso in tribute to artists that he admired.
Picasso painted The Women of Algiers (Version ‘O’) in 1955 and was sold for $179.3 million at Christie’s auction in 2015. This painting held the world record for the highest ever price paid at an auction until it Leonardo da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi. For Picasso’s work, the bidders, at the time fought via telephone with reportedly no competitors in the room. As per Art News report, Jussi Pylkkanen, the auctioneer, declared when the bidding had reached $140 million, “Still many people in the game.”
- Correct Choice : C) Stan Wawrinka
Solutions : Stan Wawrinka defeated Novak Djokovic in the final, 4–6, 6–4, 6–3, 6–4, to win the Men’s Singles tennis title at the 2015 French Open. It was Wawrinka’s second major title. As he did when he won the 2014 Australian Open, Wawrinka defeated the world No. 1 and world No. 2 on his way to the title. Djokovic was attempting to complete the career Grand Slam.
Rafael Nadal was the five-time defending champion, but he was defeated by Djokovic in the quarterfinals. This was just Nadal’s second career defeat at the French Open (the previous one being in 2009 to Robin Söderling) and ended his record win streak at the tournament of 39 matches. Nadal had won all six of his prior matches against Djokovic at the French Open. Nadal fell to world No. 10 in rankings after the loss, his lowest since April 18, 2005.
2009 champion Roger Federer was attempting to become the first male player in the Open Era to achieve a double career Grand Slam, but he was defeated by Wawrinka in the quarterfinals.
- Correct Choice : A) 6 – Odia
Solutions : There are six languages in India Tamil, Telugu, Sanskrit, Kannada, Malayalam, and Odia have been given the status of classical language. The first language to be given with that status was Tamil. Tamil (declared in 2004), Sanskrit (2005), Kannada (2008), Telugu (2008), Malayalam (2013), and Odia (2014).All the Classical Languages are listed in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.The Ministry of Culture provides the guidelines regarding Classical languages.
Guidelines for declaring a language as ‘Classical’ are:
- High antiquity of its early texts/recorded history over a period of 1500-2000 years;
- A body of ancient literature/texts, which is considered a valuable heritage by generations of speakers;
- The literary tradition be original and not borrowed from another speech community;
- The classical language and literature being distinct from modern, there may also be a discontinuity between the classical language and its later forms or its offshoots.
- Correct Choice : B) 1/6
Solutions : Let the volume of liquid isA.
Then, A/3 liquid evaporates on first day.
Remaining liquid on first day
=A − A/3 = 2A/3
3 × 2A/4 × 3 liquid evaporates on second day.
Remaining liquid on second day
= 2A/3 −A/2
= (4A – 3A) / 6
1/6 th fraction of the volume is present at the end of the second day.
Hence, this is the answer.
- Correct Choice : B) 36
Solutions : 57 × X = ( X + 2016 )
57X – X = 2016
56 X = 2016
Therefore X = 2016/56
X = 36
- Correct Choice : A) Rs. 16
Solutions : The amount that the person has is constant.
Reduced price of 5 kg 10% of Rs 800.
Reduced price per kg
⟹ 80% of original price = Rs.16
∴ Original price per kg =100/80×16= Rs. 20
Therefore Reduced price = Rs. 16
- Correct Choice : C) 17%
Solutions : Remember that the percent change formula is (difference/original) x 100 and that in a percent increase, the original value will be the smaller of the two numbers.
234 – 200 = 34 is the difference.
Divide that value by the smaller of the two values 200. 34 ÷ 200 = .17.
Multiply .17 by 100 to find that the percent increase is 17%.
- Correct Choice : D) 44
Solutions : Average of 15 numbers = 205
So total sum of all 15 numbers = 15×205 = 3075.
Now,average of first 7 numbers = 185
It means total sum of first numbers = 7×185 = 1295
So it means total sum of remaining 7 numbers = 3075 – 1295 = 1780
Now,according to the question,
Average of last 7 numbers = 248
So total sum of last 7 numbers = 7×248 = 1736
But sum of last 7 numbers = 1780
So the middle number = 1780 – 1736
●=> Middle number = 44
- Correct Choice : B) Rs. 48
Solutions : From Question, X + Y =59 ………..(1)
From Question , X + 2Y = 96 …………..(2)
Solving Equation (2) & (1)
By Subtracting them , We get
Y = 37
Substitute the value of Y in Equation (1)
We get X = 22
Finally , (1/2)X + Y = ? ………….(3)
Sustituting the value of X and Y in Equation (3) , We get
22/2 + 37 = 48
Therefore 48 is the correct answer
- Correct Choice : C) Rs. 1,40,000
Area of the square plot
= 1hector ( given )
a² = 10000 m²
=> a² = ( 100 m )²
=> a = 100m
Perimeter of the square = 4a
= 4 × 100m
= 400 m
It is given that ,
Rate of fencing 1m = Rs350
Rate of fencing 400m
= 400 × 350
= Rs 140000
- Correct Choice : A) 2, 19, 29, 37 and 83
Solutions : 2, 19, 29, 37 and 83 are the prime numbers
- Correct Choice : D) 8
Solutions : Total members = 20 members
The ratio given is 3:2
The ratio refers the number of men to the number of women in the committee.
Let the number of men in the committee be 3x
As per the given ratio
The number of women in the committee will be equal to 2x
The total members will be equal to the sum of the male members and the female members in the committee.
According to question :-
3x + 2x = 20
5x = 20
x = 20 / 5 = 4
Women were equal to 2x in the committee.
Putting down the values of x in this :-
Number of women will be
2x = 2*4 = 8
There were 8 women in the committee.
- Correct Choice : B) 5 km .
- Correct Choice : C) 5%
Solutions : Sum after 2 years
Sum after 3 years
Interest for onr year
C.I for 1 year = S.I for 1 year
Let the sum
AmountTime 2 years, %
Therefore rate of interest = 5 %
- Correct Choice : B) 72 kmph
Solutions : Average Speed = Distance / Average Time
Therefore Time from A to B = 540/90 = 6 hrs
Therefore Time from B to A = 540/60 = 9 hrs
Average Time = (6 + 9) / 2 = 7.5
Therefore Average Speed = 540 / 7.5 = 72 kmph
- Correct Choice : D) 14
Solutions : Arithmetic means = Sum of all observations/total number of observations
Arithmetic Mean, 8 = (5+ 6 + 7 + w)/4
8*4 = (5+ 6 + 7 + w)
5+ 6 + 7 + w = 32
18 + w = 32
w = 32 – 18 = 14 ——> Answer
- Correct Choice : C) Rs. 630
Solutions : Rs. 630 is the smallest part
- Correct Choice : A) 8/9
Solutions : Step-by-step explanation: To compare these fractions, notice that the fractions have different denominators. When fractions have different denominators or bottom numbers, they’re called unlike fractions.
To compare unlike fractions, we must first get a common denominator. The common denominator of 4, 8, 10, and 9 will be the least common multiple of 4, 8, 10, and 9 which is 360.
To get a 360 in the denominator of 3/4, we multiply the numerator and the denominator by 90 and we get 270/360.
To get a 360 in the denominator of 7/8, we multiply the numerator and the denominator by 45 and we get 315/360.
To get a 360 in the denominator of 7/10, we multiply the numerator and the denominator by 36 and we get 252/360.
To get a 360 in the denominator of 8/9, we multiply the numerator and the denominator by 40 and we get 320/360.
Now, we simply look for the fraction with the greatest numerator.
Since 315 has the greatest numerator out of all of these fractions, this means that 315/360 is the greatest fraction.
- Correct Choice : D) 2500
Solutions : 2500 is the correct answer
- Correct Choice : A) 4060
Solutions : Given a series (45+46+47+………+100)
We need to find the sum of the given series
The given series is in arithmetic progression
So the sum of the series in arithmetic progression is given by
Sum=n/2(a + an) ——————-(i)
n is number of terms
a is the first term
an is the last term of the series
We need to find the value of n, the number of terms first
We know that
an = a+(n-1)d ——————–(ii)
From the series an = 100, a= 45
Substituting the value of an = 115 and a = 45 in equation (ii) we get,
100 = 45 + (n – 1)1
100 = 45 + n – 1
100 = 44 + n
n = 100 – 44
n = 56
Substituting the value n = 56 in equation (i) we get,
Sum = n/2 (a + an)
= 56/2 (45 + 100)
= 56/2 × 145
= 56 × 72.5
Therefore the sum of the series (45+46+47+………+113+114+115) = 4060
- Correct Choice : B) 130
Solutions : (1/5) × X = 12 × 13
Therefore the value of X = 12 × 13 × 5
X = 780
(1/6) of 780 = 780/6 = 130
Therefore 130 is the correct answer
- Correct Choice : C) 16
Solutions : Let Age of Sita = x
Let Age of Ram = 2x
Before 6 years,
Age of Sita = x – 6
Age of Ram = 2x – 6
5 (x – 6) = (2x – 6)
5x – 30 = 2x – 6
3x = 24
Therefore, x = 8
Age of Sita = 8
Age of Ram = 8 × 2 = 16
- Correct Choice : D).90
Solutions : The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 3 : 4 : 5
let the sides of triangle is 3x ,4x and 5x
As per Pythagoras theorem
So this triangle is right angle triangle
Then one angle
Then greatest angle is