West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has released the notification for West Bengal Civil Service, WBCS Exam 2020. The interested candidates who wish to apply for WBPSC can read the further notification to know more details of application, that will begin from 5th November 2019. In accordance with the State Services Recruitment Rules, the Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) Examination, 2020.
WBCS Exam 2020
|Exam Name||West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS 2020)|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||Degree from a recognized university + Knowledge of Bengali Language|
|Age Limit||21 to 36 years|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
|Application Fee||Rs 210/-|
WBCS 2020 Important Dates
|WBCS 2020 Important Dates|
|WBCS 2020 Events||Dates|
|WBCS 2020 Online form Start Date||5th November 2019|
|WBCS 2020 Online form Last Date||25th November 2019|
|Last date for submission of fees through online||25th November 2019|
|Last date for submission of fees through offline||26th November 2019|
WBCS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- A degree of a recognized University
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali
2. Age Limit
- 21 to 36 Years
- Age Relaxation:
Not below 21 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of examination for services and posts included in Group ‘A’ & ’C’ (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1984 and not later than the 1st January, 1999). For the West Bengal Police Service only (i.e. Group ‘B’ Service) age not below 20 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of examination (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1984 and not later than the 1st January, 2000).For services and posts included in group
‘D’ the age should not be below 21 years and not more than 39 years on the 1st day of January of the year of the examination (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1981 and not later than the 1st January, 1999) Those candidates whose date of birth lies between the 1st January, 1999 & the 1st January, 2000 [i.e. whose age is between 20 & 21 years as on 01.01.2020] may apply for Group B only.
The candidates must fulfill the requisite qualifications by the closing date of submission of application.
WBCS 2020 Application Fee:
Rs.210/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus service charge /GST as applicable as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
WBCS Exam 2020 Salary
Given are the details of WBCS Vacancy along with the salary. Salary details of each group post is given.
GROUP A- Executive Salary
West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- Assistant Commissioner of Revenue in the integrated West Bengal Revenue Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- Gross emoluments at the entry level – Rs.21,000/- besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
- West Bengal Co-operative Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- Gross emoluments at the entry level – Rs.21,000/- besides D.A., M.A. and H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
- West Bengal Employment Service [Except the post of Employment Officer (Technical)] :(PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- West Bengal Labour Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
GROUP B Salary
- West Bengal Police Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
GROUP C Salary
- Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,800/-
- Joint Block Development Officer -(PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer :(PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- Joint Registrar (West Bengal State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission under the Consumer Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal) – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation) – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,400/-
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services -(PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,400/-
GROUP D Salary
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies – (PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department – (PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department – (PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-
WBCS Syllabus & Pattern 2020
As per the notification, the WBCS exam involves three phases:
- Preliminary exam
- Main Exam
- Personality Test
- Scheme of Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a Screening Test only for the purpose of selection of candidates for the Main Examination.
- The marks obtained in this examination by the candidates will not be considered for final selection. Only those candidates who will be declared qualified at the Preliminary Examination in a year shall be eligible for admission to the W.B.C.S.(Exe.) etc.(Main) Examination of that year.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on “General Studies”.
- The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University.
- The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge:
(i) English Composition- 25 Marks
(ii) General Science- 25 Marks
(iii) Current events of National & International Importance- 25 Marks
(iv) History of India- 25 Marks
(v) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal- 25 Marks
(vi) Indian Polity and Economy- 25 Marks
(vii) Indian National Movement- 25 Marks
(viii) General Mental Ability- 25 Marks
2. Scheme of the Main Examination: The Main Examination shall consist of six Compulsory papers and one optional subject consisting of two papers (Only for candidates applying for group A and / or B) to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each.
Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
- A deduction of 10% of full marks may be made from the total marks secured by a candidate in a particular paper if he/she discloses his/ her identity by writing his/ her name, Roll No. or by putting any identifying marks in the answer script of that paper.
- There shall be negative marking for each wrong answer to multiple choice questions (MCQ Type).
- Out of six compulsory papers four papers i.e. (i) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets and remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper – I and Paper – II will be of conventional type written examination.
- Compulsory Papers : Six compulsory papers are as follows:-
Paper I : Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
Paper II : English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
Paper III : General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
Paper IV : General Studies-II : Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Paper V : The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India.
Paper VI : Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning
3. Personality Test: A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination for all the services and posts included in Groups A, B, C and D shall have to appear at a Personality Test. Each candidate will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the test will be to assess the candidate’s personal qualities e.g., alertness of mind, power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership and also the candidate’s range of interests.
Marks for the Personality Test
(i) Group ‘A’ & ‘B’ 200 Marks
(ii) Group ‘C’ 150 Marks
(iii) Group ‘D’ 100 Marks
|WBCS Posts||Marks for the Personality Test|
|Group A and B||200 marks|
|Group C||150 marks|
|Group D||100 marks|
WBCS Online Form 2019-20
For Online form of West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2020, the candidates can check the link from 5th November 2019. Direct link along with the instructions will be available here.
WBCS 2020 Exam Centre
- The Preliminary Examination will be held at various centres in Kolkata and in certain other districts in West Bengal tentatively on the 9th February, 2020. Only scheduled tribe candidates of Darjeeling district and other candidates of the three hill sub-divisions, namely Darjeeling Sadar, Mirik and Kurseong will be allowed to appear at Darjeeling centre.
- Similarly all candidates from the Kalimpong district will be allowed to appear at KALIMPONG centre. The Main Examination will be held in Kolkata in the later part of the same year.
- The Personality Test will be held thereafter in the office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal, in Kolkata
WBCS Admit Card 2020
West Bengal Admit Card for Civil Services exam will be available in late January as the exam date for Preliminary exam is 9th February. 15 days prior to the exam date, the admit card link will be available.
WBCS Result 2020
The Result of WBCS exam 2020 will be available at least after a month of the WBCS 2020 Exam Date. Check Result link here.
Check more details of WBCS 2020 Exam Notification from the given PDF. For more updates on West Bengal Civil Services Exam 2020, Keep visiting Adda247jobs page.
Check more Govt Jobs 2019