WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment: The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has invited online applications for West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2020 for the posts of Civil Judge (Junior Division). There are a total of 26 Vacancies for the post of West Bengal Judicial Service Recruitment 2020.
The online application portal is active from 7th July to 3rd August 2020. Know the WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment Important Dates, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria on adda247.com/jobs.
WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment 2020: Overview
|WBPSC Judicial Service Job 2020 Notification|
|Exam Name||West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2020|
|Post Name||Civil Judge (Jr. Divn.)|
|Starting date||7th July 2020|
|Closing Date||2nd August 2020|
|Category||W.B Govt. Jobs|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, Interview|
WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment: Important Dates
|WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment Important Dates|
|Starting Date To Apply Online||7th July 2020|
|Last Date To Apply Online||2nd August 2020
(up to 12-00 midnight)
|Last Date To Pay Fee Online||2nd August 2020
(up to 12-00 midnight)
|Last Date To Pay Fee Offline||3rd August 2020*|
|WBPSC Civil Judge Prelims Exam Date||October 2020|
* The Challan must be generated by the 2nd August 2020 positively.
WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment 2020: Eligibility Criteria
a) Educational Qualification
(i) A degree in Law from any University or Institution affiliated to any University recognized by the State
Government or the Central Government;
(ii) Enrolment as an advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in India.
(i) Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali)
c) Age Limit
The candidates must no be less than 23 years and not more than 35 years
WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment: Application Fee
The application fee can be paid online or offline with GST Charges as applicable.
- General/OBC Candidates: Rs.210/-
- SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee.
How To Apply For WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment?
- The candidates will have to first register themselves online.
- After successful registration, registration no. and a password will be generated.
- Log in with that registration no. and a password.
- Complete the application form by providing the details.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee online or offline.
- Finally, submit the application form.
- Take a print out of the application form for future purposes.
Apply Online For West Bengal Civil Judge Recruitment
The application link for the WB Judicial Service is active from 7th July 2020. The online application link is given below:
WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment: Selection Process
The selection of candidates for the WBPSC Civil Judge is to be conducted through a three-stage process consisting of a Preliminary exam, a Mains exam, and a personal interview.
Those who qualify the Prelims are shortlisted for the Mains exam. Qualifiers of the final exam are shortlisted for the Personal Interview.
WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment: Exam Pattern
The WBPSC Civil Judge exam will have the following three stages:
|WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment 2020|
|Stage||Marks||Type of Questions|
The final merit list for the West Bengal Judicial Service Recruitment 2020 will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the Final Examination and the Personality Test.
WBPSC Judicial Service Recruitment: Syllabus
a) Prelims Exam
The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper of Objective Type containing 200 Multiple Choice Questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2.5 hours’ duration.
|WBPSC Civil Judge Prelims Exam||Marks|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Test of Reasoning||40|
|Law of Contracts and Torts||20|
|Laws of Evidence||20|
|Civil Procedure Codes||20|
|Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code||20|
|Law of Limitation||20|
b) Final Exam
The Final examination will consist of eight compulsory papers and three papers on optional subjects to be chosen by the candidates from the list of Optional Subjects. Each compulsory and Optional paper will carry 100 marks and will be of three hours duration.
The standard of examination in the Law papers (Compulsory and Optional) will be that of the LL.B. Degree of the Calcutta University.
1. English Composition, essay, précis writing ;
2. Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali composition, essay and translation from English into
Bengali/Hindi/Urdu /Nepali/Santali ;
3. General Knowledge and Current Affairs ;
4. Civil procedure Code ;
5. Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code ;
6. Indian Evidence Act ;
7. Law of Contracts and Torts and
8. Transfer of Property Act.
Optional Papers (any three to be chosen)
1. Hindu Law ;
2. Muhammadan Law ;
3. Jurisprudence and principles of legislation ;
4. Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance ;
5. Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief ;
6. Partnership Act ;
7. Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription ;
8. The Indian Constitution and Constitutional Law
c) Personality Test
The candidates who will qualify the Final Exams will be shortlisted to appear for the Personality Test or Interview. The Personality Test will be of 100 Marks.
Salary For WBPSC Civil Judge: Pay Scale
The candidates who will be appointed as WBPSC Civil Judge will be paid in the Pay Scale as follows: