West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has invited applications for recruitment to the post of Assistant Director @wbpsc.gov.in. The recruitment is being conducted under Advertisement No. 4 /2020. The total no. of vacancies notified by the Commission is 51. Interested and eligible aspirants can apply to the posts through the prescribed format on or before 6 February 2020. Get all the details on this page on eligibility criteria, the direct link to apply, application procedure.
WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
Given below are the important dates that a candidate must note before they apply for the post of Assistant Director.
|Release of Online Application||17th January 2020|
|Last date to Apply Online||6th February 2020|
|Last date to pay fees Online||6th February 2020|
|Last date to pay fee Offline||7th February 2020|
WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment 2020 Vacancy
WBPSC has notified 51 vacancies for the posts given below.
Assistant Director of Horticulture: 50
Geography Mistress: 01
WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
WBPSC is offering a good start for the candidates who wish to make a career in teaching. Here we are providing you with the details that a candidate must fulfill the educational criteria and age criteria as given below.
- Assistant Director of Horticulture
Essential: A Bachelor degree in Horticulture/ Agriculture with Horticulture as an
elective subject from a recognized University.
Desirable: Master’s Degree in Horticulture from a recognized University.
2. Geography Mistress
Essential: (i) A Second Class Master’s degree or Honours degree in Geography of an Indian University or equivalent.
(ii) A degree in Teaching or Education or equivalent
(iii) Teaching experience in English medium in Secondary Schools, preferably residential ones, relaxable for otherwise well-qualified candidates.
Desirable: (i) Ability to organize extracurricular activities such as performance of dramas, organization of literary meetings, educational excursions, etc.
(ii) Knowledge of Bengali- spoken and written.
(iii) Knowledge of Nepali- spoken and written
Not more than 36 years as on 01.01.2020. However, age relaxation will be given as per govt. norms.
Fee For WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment 2020
The Fee can be paid online as well as offline through the generation of challan.
General Candidates: Rs 210/
SC/ST/PwD Candidates of West Bengal: Nil
Selection Process For WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment 2020
The candidates who apply for the above-given posts will be selected on the basis of a Preliminary Screening Test ( P.S.T.).
Cut-Off For WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment 2020
West Bengal Public Service Commission has fixed qualifying marks in Interview in the following manner in order to be considered suitable for vacancies in the respective categories.
1. General 40%
2. OBC 38%
3. SC 35%
4. ST 30%
Candidates unable to secure such qualifying marks would not be considered for the post, irrespective of their academic qualification and /or marks obtained in P.S.T. Commission may further lower the qualifying level category-wise as and when necessary in the event of non-availability of candidates for filling up vacancies in a particular category.
How To Apply For WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment 2020?
Follow the steps to work as an assistant director in WBPSC.
- Click on the link provided below.
- The candidates who are applying for the 1st time shall Register themselves first.
- Fill in the credentials.
- Upload your photo and Signature.
- The candidates who are already registered shall log in by entering their Enrollment Number and Password.
- Complete your application procedure by entering the details.
- Complete your application procedure successfully by paying the application fee online.
- Candidates can also pay the fee offline via bank.
- Your application will not be accepted if you do not pay your fee.
Link To Apply Online For WBPSC Assistant Director 2020
We have provided two links to apply here. Candidates who have not applied shall click on register. Candidates who have registered shall log in through their enrollment no. and password.
Points To Note For WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment 2020
- Candidates who have not registered shall first Register themselves through the link that we have provided above.
- It is advisable to read the official recruitment notification before they apply online.
- Candidates who apply more than once for the same post will be disqualified.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, the exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence, if required.
- Keep visiting this site for further updates on WBPSC Assistant Director Recruitment.
Also Check: West Bengal GDS Result 2020