WBCS 2021 Notification Out: West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has postponed the exam dates for West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Exam 2021. As per the recent notice released, the exam has been postponed till 15th May 2021. The revised schedule will be released soon on its official website. The candidates who have applied for WBCS 2021 should stay tuned with us to get every latest update here. In accordance with the State Services Recruitment Rules, the Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) Examination, 2021.
WBCS 2021 Notification
|WBCS 2021 Notification: Overview|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)|
|Exam Name||West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) 2021|
|Eligibility Criteria||Degree from a recognized university + Knowledge of Bengali Language|
|Application Fee||Rs 210/-|
|Mode of Application||Online Application|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Services Offered||Group A, B, C, and D services|
WBCS 2021 Important Dates
|WBCS 2021 Important Dates|
|WBCS 2021 Events||Dates|
|WBCS 2021 Notification||19th December 2020|
|WBCS 2021 Commencement of Online Application||24th December 2020|
|Last date for submission of the Online Application||15th January 2021|
|Last date for submission of fees through online||15th January 2021|
|Last date for submission of fees through offline||16th January 2021|
|Prelims Exam Dates||After 15th May 2021|
|Mains Exam Dates||To be notified|
WBCS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- A degree of a recognized University
- Ability to read, write, and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
Age Limit (as of 01st January 2021)
- For Group A & C: 21 to 36 Years.
- For West Bengal Police Service: 20 to 36 years. (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January 1985 and not later than the 1st January 2001).
- For Group D posts: 21 to 39 years.
- OBC: 3 years.
- SC/ST: 5 Years.
The candidates must fulfill the requisite qualifications by the closing date of submission of the application.
WBCS 2021 Application Fee
- Rs.210/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus service charge /GST as applicable as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
How to Apply For WBCS 2021 exam.?
Candidates need to follow the steps given below to apply for the WBCS 2021 exam.
- Click on the direct online application link above.
- As the new page opens, Fill in all the important details asked in the form.
- Fill in the other credentials, upload the required documents.
- Verify all the entered details of the form
- Finally, make the required application fee payment.
- Click Submit button
WBCS 2021 Online Application Form
For the Online form of West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2021, the candidates can apply through the link from 24th December 2020. The direct link along with the instructions is available here.
WBCS Exam 2021 Salary
GROUP A- Executive Salary
West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- Assistant Commissioner of Revenue in the integrated West Bengal Revenue Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- Gross emoluments at the entry-level – Rs.21,000/- besides D.A., M.A., and H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
- West Bengal Co-operative Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- Gross emoluments at the entry-level – Rs.21,000/- besides D.A., M.A., and H.R.A. admissible as per rules.
- West Bengal Employment Service [Except the post of Employment Officer (Technical)] :(PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- West Bengal Labour Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
GROUP B Salary
- West Bengal Police Service – (PB-4A) Rs.15,600/- to 42,000/- + G.P. Rs. 5,400/-
GROUP C Salary
- Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,800/-
- Joint Block Development Officer -(PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer :(PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- Joint Registrar (West Bengal State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission under the Consumer Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal) – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,700/-
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation) – (PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,400/-
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services -(PB-4) Rs.9,000/- to 40,500/- + G.P. Rs. 4,400/-
GROUP D Salary
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies – (PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department – (PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department – (PB-3) Rs.7,100/- to 37,600/- + G.P. Rs. 3,900/-
WBCS Syllabus & Pattern 2021
As per the notification, the WBCS exam involves three phases:
- Preliminary exam
- Main Exam
- Personality Test
- Scheme of Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a Screening Test only for the purpose of selection of candidates for the Main Examination.
- The marks obtained in this examination by the candidates will not be considered for final selection. Only those candidates who will be declared qualified at the Preliminary Examination in a year shall be eligible for admission to the W.B.C.S.(Exe.) etc.(Main) Examination of that year.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on “General Studies”.
- The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University.
- The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge:
|English Composition||25||25||2 Hours|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25||25|
|History of India||25||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25||25|
|Indian National Movement||25||25|
|General Mental Ability||25||25|
2. Scheme of the Main Examination: The Main Examination shall consist of six compulsory papers and one optional subject consisting of two papers (Only for candidates applying for group A and/or B) to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each.
Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
- A deduction of 10% of full marks may be made from the total marks secured by a candidate in a particular paper if he/she discloses his/ her identity by writing his/ her name, Roll No. or by putting any identifying marks in the answer script of that paper.
- There shall be negative marking for each wrong answer to multiple-choice questions (MCQ Type).
- Out of six compulsory papers, four papers i.e. (i) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets and remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper – I and Paper – II will be of conventional type written examination.
- Compulsory Papers: Six compulsory papers are as follows:-
Paper I: Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
Paper-II: English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
Paper III: General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
Paper IV: General Studies-II: Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge, and Current Affairs.
Paper V: The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India.
Paper VI: Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning
3. Personality Test: A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination for all the services and posts included in Groups A, B, C and D shall have to appear at a Personality Test. Each candidate will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the test will be to assess the candidate’s personal qualities e.g., alertness of mind, power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership, and also the candidate’s range of interests.
Marks for the Personality Test
|WBCS Posts||Marks for the Personality Test|
|Group A and B||200 marks|
|Group C||150 marks|
|Group D||100 marks|
WBCS 2021 Exam Centre
- The Preliminary Examination will be held at various centers in Kolkata and in certain other districts in West Bengal tentatively in March/ April 2021. Only scheduled tribe candidates of Darjeeling district and other candidates of the three hill sub-divisions, namely Darjeeling Sadar, Mirik, and Kurseong will be allowed to appear at Darjeeling center.
- Similarly, all candidates from the Kalimpong district will be allowed to appear at the KALIMPONG center. The Main Examination will be held in Kolkata in the later part of the same year.
- The Personality Test will be held thereafter in the office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal, in Kolkata
WBCS 2021 Admit Card
West Bengal Admit Card for Civil Services exam will be available in the last week of February as the exam date for the Preliminary exam is tentatively in March/ April 2021. 15 days prior to the exam date, the admit card link will be available.
WBCS 2021 Result
The Result of the WBCS 2021 exam will be available at least after a month of the WBCS 2021 Exam Date. Check the Result link here.
Check more details of WBCS 2021 Exam Notification from the given PDF. For more updates on West Bengal Civil Services Exam 2021, Keep visiting the adda247jobs page.
WBCS 2021 Notification Faqs
Q 1. When was the WBCS 2021 notification released?
Ans. The WBCS 2021 notification was released on 19th December 2020.
Q 2. What are the dates of the online application of WBCS 2021?
Ans. The online application for WBCS 2021 is available between 24th December 2020 to 15th January 2021.
Q 3. When will the WBCS 2021 prelims exam be conducted.?
Ans. The WBCS 2021 prelims exam is going to take place after 15th May 2021 tentatively.
Q 4. What is the selection process for WBCS 2021?
Ans. The desired candidate will be selected based on their performance in Prelims, Mains, and interview exam.
Q 5. What is the exam pattern of the WBCS prelims exam?
Ans. The prelims exam has 8 sections of 200 marks. The number of questions in prelims is also 200.