UPSC Geologist Mains Exam Dates 2020: UPSC has flash on its official website about the UPSC Geologist Mains exam, it states that the exam is now going to held on 17th and 18th October 2020. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Geologist and Geoscientist Examinations every here to recruit geologists to the post of Geologist. Candidates who have cleared the preliminary exam (Computer Based Test) must be prepared for the mains, which is stand postponed till further notice. Candidates now get more time to get their preparation done..
UPSC Geologist Mains Exam Dates
The following are the important dates that shall be kept in mind for the candidates who have applied for the examination.
|Release of admit card||26th December 2019|
|Last date to print admit card||19th January 2020|
|UPSC Geologist Preliminary Exam||19th January 2020|
|UPSC Geologist Mains Exam||17th and 18th October 2020|
How To Download UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2020?
- Click on the link given below.
- Select one of the methods to download your admit card: By Registration Id || By Roll No.
- Enter your registration no. or roll no.
- Enter Your Date Of Birth
- Enter the captcha that appears on the screen.
- Finally, click on Submit.
- Your Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Download it and print your admit card.
Link To Download UPSC Geologist/ Geoscientist Mains Admit Card 2020
Click On the link given below to download UPSC admit card 2020.
Note: The Admit Card will be issued in October 2020.
Documents To Carry For UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2020
- Admit Card/Hall Ticket
- A valid ID Proof such as Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, etc.
- 2/3 Passport Size Photographs
Discrepancy In Downloading UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2020?
- Check that the details printed on the admit card is yours and is correct.
- In case of any discrepancy or problem in downloading admit card email on e-mail: email@example.com
Selection Process For UPSC Geologist Exam 2020
There are three stages in the Selection Process For UPSC Geologist Mains Exam 2020.
- Stage-I: Computer-Based Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) will have two papers for the selection of the candidates for the Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination. Marks secured in the Preliminary Examination will be counted for deciding the final merit;
- Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination (Descriptive Type) having three papers for the selection of candidates for the Personality Test (Stage-III). Marks secured in the Main Examination will be counted for deciding the final merit; and
- Stage-III: Personality Test/Interview
- Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary/Stage-I Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination.
Note that the Objective Type Exam will have a one-third negative marking for each wrong answer
Points To Note For UPSC Geologist/Geoscientist Exam 2020
- Admit Card may be preserved till the declaration of the final result.
- Candidates must take a print out of their admit cards beforehand to avoid the last-minute rush.
- Candidate should not possess any electronic items such as mobile phones ( even in switched off mode), pager, storage media like pen drive, smartwatches, camera or Bluetooth devices or any other equipment during the examination.
- Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future Examination.