UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020: The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has invited online applications from candidates to apply for 40 Geo-Scientist vacancies @upsc.gov.in. The UPSC will be recruiting eligible candidates for the post of Scientist B and Chemist in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines and in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources. Eligible candidates can apply for the post through the link given below or the official site of UPSC @upsc.gov.in.
Candidates can apply online from 07th to 21st October 2020.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020
Check all the important updates which are to be kept in mind by the interested aspirants who wish to apply in UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020.
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020|
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Position Name||Combined Geo-Scientist|
|Notification date||07th October 2020|
|Closing Date||21st October 2020|
|Job Location||All Over India|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment Notification
The UPSC has released recruitment notification under advt. no. .01/ 2021-GEOL on its official website @upsc.gov.in. The Commission will be appointing a total of 40 candidates for the various posts that have been mentioned below. The UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment Notification PDF is given below.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment: Important Dates
Check the important dates of UPSC Geo-Scientist 2020 notification
|Notification Release Date/ Online Application Starts From||07th October 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||27th October 2020 till 6 P.M|
|The online Applications can be withdrawn||04th to 10th November 2020|
|Last date for online application fee submission||27th October 2020|
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Admit Card Date||February 2021|
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Pre-Exam Date||21 February 2021|
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Pre Exam Result||Notified Soon|
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Mains Exam Date||17 and 18 July 2021|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Vacancy Details
|Name of the Post||Vacancies|
|Chemist Group A||15|
|CGWB Scientist B Hydrogeology||16|
|CGWB Scientist B Chemical||03|
|CGWB Scientist B Geophysics||06|
Eligibility Criteria For UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment
The educational qualification for the above-mentioned posts is given below:
- Chemist Gr ‘A’: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
- Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’: Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act.
- Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’: Master of Science degree in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Technology) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Age Limit For UPSC Recruitment
The upper age limit as per the post is given below for the recruitment into UPSC.
- Minimum: 21 Yrs
- Maximum: 32 Yrs
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment: Application Fee
- SC/ST/PH/Women candidates – No Fee
- Gen/OBC/EWS male candidates- Rs 200/-
How to Appy For UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment?
- Click the direct link to open the apply online link directly or go to the official website of UPSC.
- As the link opens, if you are already registered login with the credentials, otherwise click the part 1 registration and read the instructions.
- Click on “I agree” to proceed for the form submission.
- Now, fill the identity credentials, education qualification, and address.
- Click Continue and submit Part 1 Registration.
- Part 2 registration comprises of logging in the registration ID and DOB.
- Fill all the important details like the selection of examination center, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document, and Declaration.
- Press the “I agree” button after he finds that the information supplied by him is in order and no correction is required.
- Pay the required application fee if applicable.
- Take the Print out of the final form.
Apply Online For UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment
Click on the link that is given below to apply online for the ongoing UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment. Apply for the post for which you are suitable.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment: Selection Process
The selection procedure for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment would comprise of prelims and mains written exams followed by an interview:
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted through an online mode and will have the following sections:
|General Studies||100||2 hours|
|Geology/ Hydrogeology for Scientist B (Hydrogeology), Geophysics for Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics), Chemistry for Chemist and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Posts||300||2 hours|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Mains Exam Pattern:
The mains exam will consist of three conventional type papers for each stream.
|Paper 1 – Geology/ Geophysics/Chemistry||200||3 hours|
|Paper 2 – Geology/ Geophysics/Chemistry||200||3 hours|
|Paper 3 – Geology/ Geophysics/Hydrogeology||200||3 hours|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment Faqs
Q. How many vacancies have been notified for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment?
Ans. A total of 40 vacancies have been notified for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment.
Q. What are the posts for which I can apply for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment?
Ans. One can apply for the post of Geoscientist posts under UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment.
Q. What is the last date to apply for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment?
Ans. The last date to apply for the UPSC Recruitment 2020 is 21st October 2020.
Q. How do I apply for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment?
Ans. You can apply online for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment either by visiting the official site which is www.upsc.gov.in or through the direct link that is given on this site.