UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021 is discussed here. The Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct the written exam on 05th September 2021. The candidates who are going to appear in the written exam must go through the detailed exam pattern and syllabus for the post of Employees Provident Fund Organization, Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Officer from the article. A total of 421 EO/AO posts will be recruited through this advertisement. Before appearing in the exam, it is important to strategise the pattern of solving the examination and that could be possible after knowing the details of the UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021. Check all the details related to the UPSC EPFO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021 here.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021 and Exam Pattern 2021
The UPSC EPFO Exam consists of 2 exams namely written exam and interview. The written exam is of scoring and screening nature, it is used to weed out the non-serious candidates. Those candidates who qualify for the written exam will be called for the Interview process.
UPSC EPFO Exam Important Points:
Following are some important points that the candidates must keep in mind while preparing for the exam:
- The Written Test will be of two hours duration.
- All questions are of equal marks.
- The test will contain objective type questions with multiple choices of answers.
- The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
- There will be a penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Written Test
UPSC has divided the syllabus into a few topics. Aspirants can check the UPSC EPFO Written Test topics in the table below:
|UPSC EPFO Written Test Syllabus Topics|
|2||Indian Freedom Struggle|
|3||Current Events and Developmental Issues|
|4||Indian Polity & Economy|
|5||General Accounting Principles|
|6||Industrial Relations & Labor Laws|
|7||General Science and Knowledge of Computer applications|
|8||General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude|
|9||Social Security in India|
Aspirants can check the elaborated syllabus of each topic in the subsequent paragraphs.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: General English
Following topics are covered under the General English section:
- Cloze Test.
- Error Spotting.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Para Jumbles.
- Phrases/ Idioms.
- Phrase replacement.
- Reading comprehension.
- Sentence completion/ para completion.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Indian Freedom Struggle
Following topics are covered under the Indian Freedom Struggle section:
- The Carnatic Wars.
- Invasion of Bengal.
- The three Anglo-Maratha Wars.
- Regulating and Pitt’s India Acts.
- Early composition of the British Raj.
- The 1857 Revolt – reasons, character, course and result.
- Indian Freedom struggle in the first stage.
- Growth of national consciousness.
- Creation of Associations.
- Establishment of the Indian National Congress and its Moderate stage.
- Swadeshi Movement.
- Economic Nationalism.
- The development of Extremism and the split in Congress.
- The policy of Divide and Rule.
- Congress-League Pact of 1916.
- Civil Disobedience.
- Khilafat movement.
- Non-Cooperation Movement.
- Quit India Movement.
- Subhash Chandra Bose.
- Indian National Army.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Current Events and Developmental Issues
Current events basically refer to as the daily current affairs that are important from an exam point of view. Developmental Issues confine to the schemes and laws made public by the government to maintain the decorum and for the ease of run of the constitution. developmental issues also cover the yojana’s revealed by the government for the betterment of the public.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Indian Polity and Economy
Following topics are covered under the Indian Polity and Economy section
- Indian Constitution.
- Historical underpinnings.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States.
- Parliament and State Legislatures: structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential.
- Citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Panchayati Raj.
- Public Policy.
- Rights Issues.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Economy
Following topics are covered under the Economy section:
- Economic growth and development – basic concept and definition of economy and economics.
- Use and transfer of resources.
- Distributive effects.
- Macro Economy.
- Inclusion: definition, relevance, types, financial inclusion, recent initiatives.
- Fiscal policy: definition, component, receipts, revenue and capital account, tax revenue, expenditure, budget.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: General Accounting Principles
Following topics are covered under the General Accounting Principles section:
- Principles of Accounting.
- Analyzing and Recording Transactions.
- Adjustments and Financial Statements.
- Completion of the accounting cycles.
- Subsidiary Ledgers.
- Special Journals.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Industrial Relations and Labor Laws
Enforcement Officer Syllabus 2021: Labor Laws
- Areas implemented.
- Sectors Applicable.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Industrial Relations
- Industrial relations code (IRC) Bill
- Model of labor reforms.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: General Science and Knowledge of Computer
UPSC Enforcement Officer Syllabus 2021: General Science:
- Life Science.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Computer Applications
- Computer Organizations.
- Operating Systems.
- Database Management.
- Data Structures
- Data Communications
- Computer Networks
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables)
- Data sufficiency
- Puzzles & More
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: Social Security in India
Following topics are covered under the Social Security in India:
- Status of Social Security in India.
- Social Security schemes for the Underorganized sector.
- New Social Security Schemes launched covering social insurances like Pension, Health Insurance and Medical Benefit, Disability Benefit, Maternity Benefit, Gratuity.
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) and the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC).
- Atal Pension Yojna (APY).
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY).
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojana.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Manthan Yojana (PMKMY).
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2021: FAQs
Q. What is the exam pattern for UPSC EPFO Exam 2021?
Ans. The written exam will be for 2 hours consisting of 100 Multiple Choice Questions. The written test is of screening and scoring nature.
Q. Is there any negative marking for UPSC EPFO Exam 2021?
Ans. There is a negative marking of one-third of the marks assigned to each question
Q. What is the exam date for UPSC EPFO 2021?
Ans. UPSC EPFO Exam has scheduled for 09th May 2021.
Q. What is the medium of UPSC EPFO Exam 2021?
Ans. The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.