UPSC CDS I Exam 2021: Union Public Service Commission has released a notification regarding the CDS Examination (I) to fill 345 vacancies in the defence department. This exam will be conducted for entry of the eligible candidates to various courses which are going to be commenced in the year 2022. The interested candidates should apply for the written examination which has been scheduled for 07th February 2021. The online registration window will be active from 28th October 2020 to 17th November 2020. For the sake of candidates, we have provided complete detail about UPSC CDS I Exam 2021 here in this article, read it completely, and stay tuned with us for every latest update.
The Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2021 will be conducted for admission to the following Courses:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – Course commencing in January 2022 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – Course commencing in January 2022 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special entry ) holders ].
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January 2022 [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)- Course commencing in April 2022
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)- Course commencing in April 2022.
UPSC CDS 2 Recruitment 2021
UPSC CDS I Exam 2021: Highlights
UPSC CDS-I Exam 2021
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Service Examination (I) 2021|
|Selection process||Written Exam- Personality Test|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Online Registration||28 October 2020- 17 November 2020|
|Exam Date||07 February 2021|
|Job Location||All Over India|
UPSC CDS 1 2021 Important Dates
|Start Date of Online Registration||28th October 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||17th November 2020|
|Admit Card||January 2021|
|Exam Date||07th February 2021|
|UPSC CDS-1 Result||Not Yet Announced|
|Personality Test||Not Yet Announced|
|Final Result||Not Yet Announced|
UPSC CDS I 2021 Vacancies
A total of 345 vacancies has been announced by the authority, which has been detailed course-wise in the below table.
|Name of the academy||Number of Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||26|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men||170|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women||17|
UPSC CDS 1 Eligibility Criteria 2021
The Eligibility Criteria set by the authority for UPSC CDS 1 Recruitment 2021 are as follows:
Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status
Check Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status For UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2021:
- Indian Military Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for men): Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried, and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2003.
- Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years as of 1st January 2022 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2002. (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and 7 current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1996 and not later than 1st January 2002 only are eligible.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy- Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy- Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
UPSC CDS 1 Application form 2021
The UPSC CDS 1 Application form 2021 link is available below as it is released officially. The online registration is active from 28th October 2020 to 17th November 2020.
Documents Required for UPSC CDS 1 Application Form 2021:
- Matriculation Certificate/Marksheet
- Age Proof/Birth Certificate
- Education Certificate.
- Caste Certificate
- Challan/Credit Certificate/E Challan
Steps for submitting UPSC CDS 1 2021 Online Application Form:
- Click the above link for the UPSC CDS I Online Application Form.
- As the new tab opens, click the option, “Click here for Part I registration”. and on the next page, Check for the declaration at the bottom of the page, “Yes, I Agree”.
- Fill the personal details carefully from the documents
- Finally, Agree for declaration and Submit Part I of UPSC CDS I Online Application Form.
- Go to Part II of the form and make Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination center, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Verify all the credentials and then click Submit, download your application form for future use.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
Also Check UPSC Calendar 2021 for more UPSC exams and notifications.
UPSC CDS 1 Exam Pattern 2021
|Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy Written Examination||English||2 hours||100|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
|Officers’ Training Academy Written Examination||English||2 hours||100|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Intelligence and Personality Test||Face-to-Face Interview||6-7 Days||Qualifying|
The candidates should note that there will be Negative Marking for every wrong answer in the Objective Type Question Papers.
UPSC CDS 1 Syllabus 2021
To prepare with the syllabus is the foremost practice any candidate should have when he/she begins with their preparation for any government exam. To ace the competitive exam with good scores, the candidates should be aware of the updated exam syllabus. Check the complete and updated UPSC CDS 1 Syllabus 2021 here.
UPSC CDS 1 Exam Centre 2021
As per the notification released, the UPSC CDS-1 Examination 2021 will be held at the following Centres :
- Panaji (Goa)
- Port Blair
- Prayagraj (Allahabad),
UPSC CDS I Recruitment: FAQ’s
Q. What are the dates to apply for UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2021?
Ans. The candidates can apply for UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2021 from 28th October 2020 to 17th November 2020 (before 6 PM).
Q. What is the exam date for UPSC CDS I 2021?
Ans. The UPSC CDS-1 Exam has been scheduled for 07th February 2021.
Q. What are the posts for which UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2021 is notified?
Ans. UPSC CDS 1 notification is released to recruit officers in Indian Defence for IMA, INA, OTA, and AFA.
Q. How many vacancies are released for UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2021?
Ans. There are total of 345 vacancies in UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2021.
Q. What is the application fee of UPSC CDS I recruitment 2021?
Ans. The application fee for UPSC CDS I Recruitment is Rs. 200/-. for General/ OBC. The women/ SC/ ST are exempted from fee payment.
Q. How can I apply for UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2021?
Ans. One can apply by using the application link in the article or from the official website of UPSC.