TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021: The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts the Combined Civil Services Examination-II (CCSE-II) to shortlist candidates for recruitment to various Civil Services in Tamil Nadu. Through the TNPSC Group 2 Exam, candidates are selected for different posts under Group 2 and 2A. The TNPSC Group 2 and TNPSC Group 2A can be defined as under:
- Group 2 (Interview Posts): Selection of candidates for vacancies released under Group 2 is done based on the preliminary exam, main written exam, and Interview/Personality Test.
- Group 2A (Non-Interview Posts): Selection of candidates for vacancies released under Group 2A is done based on marks obtained in them in the written exam only.
As per the TNPSC Annual Calendar 2021, the TNPSC Group-2 and 2A services notification are to release in May 2021. Here is everything you need to know about the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 as per the latest syllabus and exam pattern.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021: Highlights
||TNPSC Group 2 (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 2)
|| Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Prelims: 3 Hours
- Mains Paper I: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Mains Paper II: 3 Hours
||Tamil & English
- Interview (Only For Group 2 Posts)
|Exam Helpdesk No.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021: Important Dates
|TNPSC Group 2 Notification 2021
|TNPSC Group 2 Application form
|TNPSC Group 2 Apply the last date
|TNPSC Group 2 Hall Ticket
|TNPSC Group 2 exam date 2021 – Prelims
|Declaration of TNPSC Group 2 Results – Prelims
|TNPSC Group 2 exam date 2021 – Mains
|Declaration of TNPSC Group 2 results – Mains
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021: Vacancy
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates into the various posts under the Tamil Nadu PSC. The vacancy will be updated shortly with the release of the official notification.
Meanwhile, you can have a look at the TNPSC Gr-II Vacancies of last year.
|Name of the exam
||TNPSC Gr-II (CCSE-II)
(For 2018 – 1199, Gr 2 Posts)
|Name of the Posts
||Deputy Commercial Tax Officer, Sub Registrar, etc.
|Prelims Exam Date 2021
||September 2021 (Last Time– 11/11/2018)
The candidates are selected in the following posts and departments of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam. The Post wise vacancy will be updated here when the official notification is released.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam: Eligibility Criteria
The posts under the TNPSC Group–II require the candidates to possess a graduate degree or equivalent from a recognized university or institution, there are certain additional educational and preferential qualifications required for some posts, the details for which will be available in the official notification of the TNPSC Group – II Recruitment 2021.
Meanwhile, you can check the eligibility criteria from the PDF given here.
Know TNPSC Group 2 Educational Qualification: Post Wise
- Age relaxation up to 10 years above the maximum age limit is given to differently-abled persons
- The maximum age limit for ex-servicemen is 48 years. However, the age concession does not apply to the ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam: Selection Process
Like the TNPSC Group 4 Exam that is conducted in the country, the selection for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam is held in three stages.
- Preliminary exam (written): Candidates applying for the exam need to appear for the preliminary exam, which is an objective-type written test.
- Mains exam (written): Candidates qualified in the preliminary exam need to appear for the mains exam, which is a descriptive written test.
- Interview: The interview will be held for the candidates who wish to appear or as per the cut offset by the Commission.
Group 2 (Interview Posts): Selection of candidates for vacancies released under Group 2 is done based on the preliminary exam, main written exam, and Interview/Personality Test.
Group 2A (Non-Interview Posts): Selection of candidates for vacancies released under Group 2A is done based on marks obtained in them in the written exam only.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021: Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern as per the latest Syllabus is given below. There has been a revision in the TNPSC Group 2 Exam. There has been an addition of an extra paper, “Paper I” in the Mains Exam. This paper will be Qualifying in nature.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam: Marking Scheme
For TNPSC Prelims Exam
- The TNPSC Prelims will have 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s).
- 175 questions are from the general studies section and the remaining 25 questions from aptitude and mental ability test section.
- The duration of the TNPSC Prelims Exam is 3 hours of a maximum of 300 marks.
- The minimum qualifying marks for TNPSC Prelims Exam is 90 out of 300.
For TNPSC Mains Exam
The TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam Pattern will have two papers: Paper I and Paper-II. Both papers will have different qualifying marks and exam duration.
- TNPSC Group 2 Mains Exam holds utmost importance as the marks secured by the candidates in this Exam is considered for the Final Selection.
- This will have 2 papers: Paper I and Paper-II.
- Paper, I will be of 100 marks of 1 hour 30 minutes duration.
- Paper-II will be of 300 marks of 3-hour duration.
- Answer sheets of the candidates who do not secure minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I will not be considered for the evaluation of Paper-II
- Minimum 102 and 90 marks required to qualify in group 2 and group 2A main exams respectively.
- TNPSC Group 2 exam is bilingual that available in both the English and Tamil languages.
Application Fee For TNPSC Group 2 Exam
The Fee for the General Category of Candidates is given below. The Ex-Servicemen, OBC, SC, ST, PwD, Destitute Widow of all Communities are exempted from paying the application fee.
||For Preliminary Examination
||For Main Written Examination
How To Apply For TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021?
The Steps to apply will be made available here as soon as the notification for TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 is released.
TNPSC Group 2 Hall Ticket
The candidates who have successfully applied for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 will be required to download the TNPSC hall ticket/ admit card from the official website of the commission. The same will be made available on this site as well. The hall ticket is released separately for the TNPSC Prelims, Mains and the Interview.
TNPSC Group 2 Answer Key
After conduction of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam, the Commission will release the Answer Key. The candidates will able to view the answer key and have an idea of the marks that they will be able to secure in the Exam.
TNPSC Group 2 Result
After the release of the TNPSC Answer Key, the Result of the TNPSC Exam will be released. The result will be the ticket to appear for the next level of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam.
TNPSC Group 2 Interview
Candidates who will clear the TNPSC Group 2 Prelims and Mains Exam will be able to appear for the Interview. It may be noted that only those candidate will have to appear for the Interview who will score more marks only they will appear for the Group 2 (Interview Posts).
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021: Counselling
TNPSC counselling is conducted at the office of the commission. At the counselling round, qualifying candidates are recruited to different posts based on the choice exercised by them as well as the availability of vacancies.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021: FAQ’s
Q. When will the Notification for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam be released?
Ans. As per the TNPSC Annual Calendar, the Notification for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam is to be released in May 2021.
Q. How may Papers be there for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam?
Ans. As per the latest TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern, there will be three stages: Prelims, Mains and Interview. The Interview will, however, be only for Group 2 (Interview Posts).
Q. What will be the mode of conduct of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 2 Exam will be conducted in Offline Mode.
Q. What will be the language of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021?
Ans. The TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 will be bilingual i.e. English and Tamil. The English Language Papers will be conducted only in English.