SSC CGL 2020: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Graduate Level Exam, which is known as the SSC CGL. SSC CGL is that hotspot where candidates with good intellect and potential applications in large numbers. As a job in SSC CGL offers a lucrative pay scale, job security with decent career growth prospects it is one of the most sought after graduate exams. Through SSC CGL the selected candidate is placed in the non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The notification for the SSC CGL 2020-21 will release on 21st December 2020 as per the SSC Calendar, which was delayed.
Update: SSC CGL 2020-21 notification dates released.
SSC CGL 2020 Notification
The official notification of SSC CGL 2020-21 was supposed to release on 15th September 2020, which is now going to out on 21st December 2020. The Online Application is going to open for one month from the date of the start date of online application. The notification for SSC CGL 2020-21 may come any-time on the official website.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2020 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2020)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer- Based Test)|
|Posts offered||Group B and C officers under central Government|
SSC CGL Result and Exam Date 2020
Update on SSC CGL 2020: SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1 was conducted from 3rd to 9th March 2020 and the SSC CGL Answer Key was also released for the same officially on 16th March 2020. Now the candidates can check their SSC CGL Tier I Result. As, all the exams of SSC were postponed, SSC CGL Tier 2 exam was also postponed. The New Exam Dates are released by SSC with the new notice on 21st July 2020.
SSC CGL Tier-II is now going to conduct from 02nd to 05th November 2020(Revised).
SSC CGL Tier III will be held on November 22, 2020: Released on 26 Aug 2020
SSC CGL 2020 Recruitment
The SSC conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services that are mentioned below:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.
The 2021 SSC CGL notification will be released on 15th September 2020 and the exam is scheduled will be released later.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Overview
The official Notification for SSC CGL 2019-20 was released by the commission on 22nd October 2019 and SSC CGL 2020 Notification will be released on 15th September 2020.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|SSC CGL Exam Dates||
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
SSC CGL 2020: New Exam Date For Tier 2 & 3
The exam dates for SSC CGL 2020 has been released by SSC along with its official notification. Check SSC CGL 2020 exam date & other important dates below:
|SSC CGL Exam 2020|
|SSC CGL Notification Date||22nd October 2019|
|Online Form submission Start||22nd October 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application||25th November 2019|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 1||03rd to 09th March 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Answer Key Date||16th to 21st March 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Result Date||1st July 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 2||02nd to 05th November 2020(Revised)|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Answer Key Date||To Be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Result Date||To Be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 3||November 22, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Result Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 4||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Final Result Date||To be notified later|
Candidates can also check the SSC CGL 2021 Important dates for the SSC CGL 2020-21 in the below table:
|SSC CGL 2021 Important Dates|
|SSC CGL Notification Date||21st December 2020|
|Online Form submission Start||21st December 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application||25th January 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Dates||29th May to 07th June 2020|
SSC CGL Vacancy 2020
The Vacancy for SSC CGL 2019-20 exam has been released. For 2020, there are a total of 8582 Vacancies out of which 3674 vacancies are for the General category of candidates. There has been a decrease in the no. of vacancies as compared to SSC CGL 2018-19. Check the SSC CGL Vacancy Comparision Year wise to get an idea of the trend in the vacancy.
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2019-20||UR- 3674||SC- 1242||ST-667||OBC-2198||Total–8582|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2018-19||UR- 5770||SC- 1723||ST-845||OBC-2933||Total–11271|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2017||UR- 4238||SC- 1318||ST-653||OBC-1916||Total–9276|
SSC CGL 2020: Post Details
The table shows the Posts which are likely to be filled up through the SSC CGL Exam.
|Group of Posts||Name of Post||Ministry/Department/
|Classification of Posts||Pay Level (PL)||Nature of Physical Disabilities permissible for the post||Age Limit|
|Indian Audit &
|Pay Level 8 (Rs 47600 to 151100)||OH (OA, OL, BL) &
|Group “B”||Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)||OA, OL, B, BL,
OAL, LV & HH
|OA, OL, B, BL, LV
|OA, OL, B, BL,
OAL, LV & HH
|Assistant||Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)|
|CBDT||Group “C”||Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)||OA, OL, BL, OAL,
|CBEC||Group ”B”||Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)||OA, OL, OAL, HH &
|Posts not identified
suitable for PwD
|Up to 30
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau
|Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)||OL, PD, D||Not
|Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)||Posts not identified
suitable for PwD
|Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)||Up to 30
|M/o Statistics &
|Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)|
|D||Auditor||Offices under C&AG||Group “C”||Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300)||OA, OL, BL &
|Offices under CGDA|
|Accountant||Offices under C&AG||OA, OL, OAL,
|OA, OL, OAL,
|Central Govt. Offices/
Ministries other than
|Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100)||OA, OL, BL,
OAL, B, LV,
|Tax Assistant||CBDT||BL, OL, PD,
D, PB, B, OA,
|Tax Assistant||CBEC||BL, OL, PD,
D, PB, B, OA
|Sub-Inspector||Central Bureau of
|Dte. Gen Border Road
(Only for Male
SSC CGL 2020: Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of SSC CGL 2020 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Commission.
- Candidate of SSC CGL must be a Citizen of either India or Nepal or Bhutan. If a candidate is the citizen of Nepal or Bhutan shall have a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India in favor of him/her.
2. Educational Qualification
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
3. Age Limit
The age limit for the SSC CGL as per the post is given below.
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog.
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Department of Post||18-30 years||Inspector|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
- SSC CGL 2020 Age Relaxation: As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC CGL is given in the table below:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
Application Fee For SSC CGL
SSC CGL 2020 Application Fee: The Application Fee for SSC CGL as per the categories is given below:
SSC CGL 2020: Selection Process
The SSC CGL Exam is conducted in four stages: || Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4. ||
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
The candidates who secure the SSC CGL Cut-off in Tier I will be able to appear for the Tier II Exam.
• Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
• Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
• In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC CGL 2020: Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Exam Pattern is explained in the tables below. SSC CGL 2020 comprises of four Tiers. Tier-I is mainly screening and scoring exams. Tier-II is the merit deciding Tier.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in Hindi/ English||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Tier-IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test||Wherever Applicable|
The SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II + Tier III are scheduled to be held from 03rd to 09th March 2020 and 22nd to 25th June 2020 respectively. The elaborated Exam Pattern of Tier I and Tier II of SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 are given in the table below. It is important for candidates to know every bit of exam pattern to prepare well for every section of the examination.
|I||General Intelligence and
|25||50||60 Minutes (Total)|
|II||Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes
(for each Paper)
|Paper-II: English Language and
|Paper-IV: General Studies
(Finance and Economics)
After qualifying Tier-I of SSC CGL Examination. Candidates have to appear for Tier-II & Tier-III after these qualified candidates will appear for Tier-IV. SSC CGL Tier-II & Tier III is scheduled to be held from 22nd and 25th June 2020. The Exam Pattern of SSC CGL Tier-III and Tier IV are explained in the table below.
|Tier||Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|III||Pen and Paper Mode||Descriptive Paper in
English or Hindi
(Writing of Essay/ Precis/
Letter/ Application etc.)
|Proficiency in Word Processing,
Generation of Slides and
|No Marks||Not mentioned|
Students must note down that Tier III is scoring and qualifying in nature while Tier IV is only qualifying in nature. You have to do well in all the Tiers of SSC CGL Examination. Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern and Syllabus on our website by clicking on the link provided below.
Marking Scheme For SSC CGL Exam
Normalization: Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I and Tier-II examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be treated as final and will be used for qualifying the candidates to next stage of examination and to determine final merit.
- SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes.
- The time duration of Tier-2 will be 120 minutes. 60 minutes each for English & Quants.
- Tier-3 will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- No Sectional Cut off
- No Interviews: Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview
- Skill Test: The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature
- Final Merit List: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III.However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately
- Minimum Mark Required for Descriptive: Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion will be eligible to appear in the SKILL TEST.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
OBC/ EWS: 25%
SSC CGL 2020: Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to come for Document Verification. Those who fail to do so will not be considered for any post at the time of final selection. Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like Matriculation Certificate, educational qualification, caste certificate, relevant document, if any relaxation is taken, etc. Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. Information about the required documents will be provided while calling candidates for DV. Detailed options for posts will be taken either online or at the time of document verification.
SSC CGL 2020: Syllabus
SSC CGL 2020 Paper-1 comprises four Sections/Subjects that are mentioned below:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of all these 4 sections:
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Number Series||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Static General Knowledge
(History, Geography, etc.)
|Ratio and Proportions &
Mixture and Alligation
|Ordering and Ranking||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Cloze Test|
|Data Sufficiency||Persons in News||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Important Schemes||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
Prerequisites for SSC CGL 2020 Application Form:
Important things which you should keep with you while filling the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have a valid Identity Proof with you.
Instructions to fill SSC CGL Application Form 2020
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill the login details to apply for SSC CGL. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC CGL 2020 application process is completed and you can take a print out of the application form for further use
SSC CGL 2020: Online Form
- Eligible and interested candidates may apply online for SSC CGL Recruitment 2020. The link for the online application is active on 22nd October 2020:
Note: The Application date has ended.
SSC CGL 2020: New Changes
- Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
OBC/ EWS : 25%
- Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
- In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II.
- However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
- The exam date for Tier 2 & Tier 3 was 22.06.2020 to 25.06.2020, which are going to be revised after the lockdown will be over.
- Only for those candidates who had Qualified Tier II, Tier III sheet will be evaluated.
- Based on the aggregate performance of qualified candidates in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations, candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification and Skill Tests i.e. Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
- Skill Tests are mandatory but qualifying in nature. If a candidate does not appear in Skill Test or fails to qualify the Skill Test, he/ she will not be eligible for the posts where CPT/ DEST is mandatory.
- Preference of posts will be taken from the candidates either online before DV or at the time of Document Verification.
SSC CGL 2020 Admit Card
SSC is going to release the Admit Card of SSC CGL 2019-20 in the month of November 2020. The Admit Card For SSC CGL Tier II 2020 will be released 4-5 days before the exam.
SSC CGL Result 2020
- SSC CGL Result has released the result of SSC CGL Tier 1 in June 2020.
- Minimum qualifying marks in SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II are as follows:
OBC/ EWS: 25%
All other categories: 20%
- On the basis of their performance in all the Tiers, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut off marks.
SSC CGL 2020: Exam Centre
A candidate must indicate the Center(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centers and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centers are located are as follows:
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
Commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC CGL 2020 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I+Teir-II+Tier-III examinations, merit will be decided by applying the following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks of the Tier-II Examination.
- Total marks in Tier-III Examination.
- Total marks in Tier-I Examination.
- Date of birth, with older candidate, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
SSC CGL: Educational Qualification Code
|Educational Qualification Code||Code|
|AMIE (Part A & Part B)||15|
|Graduation issued by Defence
(Indian Army, Air Force,Navy)
|M. Sc. (Engg.)||32|
SSC CGL 2020 FAQs
Q. What is SSC CGL?
Ans: SSC CGL or Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam, is conducted to select eligible graduates for multiple non-gazetted posts offered by the Government of India.
Q. What are the posts offered through SSC CGL 2020?
Ans: SSC conducts the SSC CGL Exam to recruit candidates for various Non-Gazetted Posts. Following are the posts under SSC CGL
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Accounts Officer
- Assistant Section Officer
- Assistant/ Superintendent
- Inspector Of Income Tax
- Inspector (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Asst. Enforcement Officer
- Sub Inspector
- Inspector Posts
- Divisional Accountant
- Junior Statistical Officer
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Senior Secretariat Assistant/ UDC
- Tax Assistant
- Upper Division Clerk (UDC)
Q. What are the total number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2020?
Ans: Currently, the number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2020 is not announced. SSC CGL 2020 Vacancy will be announced at the time of Document Verification.
Q. What is the minimum percentage required by a candidate to apply for SSC CGL?
Ans: No percentage criteria to apply for SSC CGL Exam. But for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post, a candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% and above in Mathematics during his Bachelor’s if he/she did not have statistics as the main subject.
Q. Can a candidate apply for more than one post?
Ans: Yes! A candidate may apply for more than one post at a time if you fulfill the eligibility conditions criteria of the other post too.
Q. Do we have to choose all the groups of posts while applying for SSC CGL?
Ans: Yes! It is advised that you select all the groups of posts while applying for SSC CGL Exam because it increases the chance of getting a position through the SSC CGL Exam.
Q. I hold a Diploma Degree. Can I apply for SSC CGL?
Ans: The answer is No! Only those candidates who hold a Bachelor’s degree are allowed to apply for SSC CGL Exam who holds a Bachelor’s Degree. No other degree is acceptable.
Q. Will Tier-I Exam Marks will be considered for final selection?
Ans: Yes! A consolidated score of all the four levels/tiers of the SSC CGL 2020 Exam are will be taken into consideration for the final merit list.
Q. What posts require a Computer Proficiency Test?
Ans: The following posts require a Computer Proficiency Test:
- Assistant Section Officer (CSS)
- Assistant Section Officer (MEA)
- Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO)
- Assistant (GSI) in M/o Mines
Q. What posts require DEST?
Ans: The post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise & Income Tax) requires DEST and requires a candidate to be proficient in Data Entry.
Q. Will I get posting at my preferred location after clearing SSC CGL Exam?
Ans: If you have secured sufficient marks, it is likely that you will be posted in a location of your choice. However, there is a possibility that your posting location can be other than the ones you selected. The posting also depends on the cut-off of that particular location for the post you have applied.