Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Centennial Foundation Day of University of Lucknow
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the celebration of Centennial Foundation Day of the University of Lucknow.
– The Prime Minister unveiled the University’s Centennial Commemorative Coin on the occasion. He also released a special Commemorative Postal Stamp issued by India Post and its Special Cover during the event.
– The Union Defence Minister and Member of Parliament from Lucknow, Shri Rajnath Singh and Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath were present on the occasion.
– Management, branding and strategy to make the products like Lucknow ‘Chikankari’, brass wares of Moradabad, locks of Aligarh, Bhadohi Carpets globally competitive should be the part of courses offered at the university.
– The Prime minister also called for continued engagement with subjects of arts, culture and spirituality to provide them a global reach.
2. 71st Constitution Day
– To commemorate the 71st Constitution Day (26 November, 2020) Films Division is screening four documentary films on the adoption of Constitution of India by the Union of India on 26th November, 1949, it’s salient features and on Dr BR Ambedkar, Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee, on FD website and YouTube Channel.
– The films being streamed are
Our Constitution which depicts the various clauses of India’s Constitution,
We The People of India that traces framing of the Constitution,
The Preamble, an animation on the Preamble to the Constitution of India, and
Babasaheb Ambedkar, a biographical film on Dr BR Ambedkar, the chief architect of the Constitution of India.
To know about National Newborn Week 2020: Click Here
3. 33rd PRAGATI interaction
– Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the PRAGATI meeting on 25 November, 2020.
– It marked Prime Minister’s thirty-third interaction through PRAGATI – the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Central and State governments.
– In PRAGATI meeting, multiple projects, grievances and programmes were reviewed. The projects taken up were of the Ministry of Railways, MORTH, DPIIT and Power Ministry.
– These projects, with a total cost of Rs 1.41 lakh crore, were related to ten states and union territories, including Odisha, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Dadra and Nagar Haveli. Prime Minister asked the concerned Secretaries of the Union Government and Chief Secretaries of the State Governments to ensure that they complete the work before time.
– During the meeting, grievances related to COVID-19 and to the PM Awas Yojana (Gramin) were taken up. PM SVANidhi, agriculture reforms and development of districts as export hubs were reviewed. Prime Minister also asked the States to develop a State Export Strategy.
– In the previous 32 such meetings, a total of 275 projects worth Rs 12.5 lakh crore have been reviewed, along with 47 programmes/schemes and grievances across 17 sectors have been taken up.
4. All Fixed to Mobile calls
– All Fixed to Mobile calls to be dialled with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021. This is to free up sufficient numbering resources for future use.
With the consideration of TRAI Recommendation on “Ensuring Adequate Numbering Resources for Fixed Line and Mobile Services” Department of Telecommunications has taken the decision of implementing the following:
– All Fixed to Mobile calls will be dialed with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021.
– There will be no change in dialling plan from fixed to fixed, mobile to fixed and mobile to mobile calls.
– Suitable announcement will be made for the same. This announcement shall be played whenever a subscriber dials a fixed to mobile call without prefixing ‘0’.
– All fixed-line subscribers will be provided with ‘0’ dialling facility.
– A total of approximately 2539 million numbering series is expected to be generated from the above. This will free up sufficient numbering resources for future use.
– With the freeing up of sufficient numbering resources, more number of connections can be added in future which will be beneficial to the mobile customers at large.
– The above changes have been done in order to have minimum inconvenience to the subscribers and freeing up essential numbering resources.
What is RuPay Card? Click Here
5. e-Event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board
– Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH chaired an e-event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board (NMPB) on 24th November, 2020 to celebrate its Establishment Day.
– On this occasion, a “Status Report of NMPB 2020” and “Ayur-veg” e-book were also released.
– The AYUSH Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and other members of the Board complemented NMPB for its progress, achievements and contribution made for growth and development of medicinal plants sector in the country.
– NMPB’s main objective is the development of medicinal plants sector through developing strong coordination between the stakeholders i.e., farmers, traders, and manufacturers benefiting each of them. The endeavour would increase the income and livelihood of the farmers and tribes.
– It would facilitate backward integration with the industry/ manufacturers through post-harvest management. Introduction of new IT tools and market linking activities further help the farmers as well as the industry.
– It was 24th November 2000, that the then Department of AYUSH joined hands with the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Department of Biotechnology and Department of Agricultural Research and Education to form the National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB).
– The Board, today, is an integral unit of the Ministry of AYUSH with the aforesaid Ministries and Departments offering consultations and support, and it exercises oversight on medicinal plants sector.
In Detail about CBI: Click Here