Know details of the SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021 to strategize your preparation. Candidates can check the Changes in Exam Pattern of SSC JE in this article.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Junior Engineer Examination in Two Tiers namely Tier 1 and Tier 2. While SSC JE Tier 1 is conducted Online while Tier 2 is a written mode exam. Candidates can go through this article for more information about the different tiers of SSC JE. This article also explains each Tiers of SSC JE.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021: Tiers of Exam
SSC JE Comprises of Two Tiers. Exam Pattern of SSC JE is explained below:
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier 1||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier 2||Written Paper||Pen and Paper Mode|
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021: Tier 1
SSC JE Tier 1 comprises 200 questions in total with maximum marks of 200. SSC JE Tier 1 is of 120 minutes. SSC JE Tier I is divided into three sections with 50 questions in two sections namely Reasoning and G.S and 100 in the engineer branch section. Normalization is done by SSC if an exam is conducted in multiple shifts.
The sections asked in SSC JE Tier 1 Exam are:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or General Engineering (Electrical) or General Engineering (Mechanical)
The Schema of Tier 1 is explained in Table given below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||A cumulative time of 120 minutes (160 minutes for disable/Physically handicapped Candidates)|
|General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or General Engineering (Electrical) or General Engineering (Mechanical)||100||100|
- For every wrong question, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks also.
- In the General Engineering section, candidates have to attempt the sections as per their branches (i.e., either civil or mechanical or electrical).
- If the candidate does not attempt the General Engineering section as per the instructions are given in Paper – I, then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by the board.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021: Tier 2
SSC JE Tier 2 exam will be conducted in written mode comprising of a single paper with about General Engineer (Branch) with maximum marks of 300. Candidates have to complete the Exam in 120 minutes.
The questions asked in SSC JE Tier 2 Exam is of General Engineering (Branch).
The schema of Tier 2 is explained in Table given below:
- There will be three parts in Paper-II under General Engineering, and candidates have to attempt them as per their branch.
- If the candidates have attempted a part other than instructed then his answer sheet will not be evaluated by SSC.
- 0.25% negative marking will be applied to every wrong attempt.
- Candidates have to complete paper II in 2 hours.
SSC JE Syllabus 2021
Candidates can check the syllabus of SSC JE for both tiers by click on the link provided below.
SSC JE Final Selection
Candidates who will clear SSC JE Paper I in the SSC JE exam will be called for SSC JE Paper-II. The final selection will be based on the cumulative or total marks scored in both Papers I and Paper-II. Posting will be given to the candidate on the basis of merit and preferences entered by them during SSC JE application form filling.
Candidates can also the new government jobs by clicking on the link provided below or visiting adda247.com/jobs.