Lockdown 2.0 Guidelines: Amid the deadly fight against the novel coronavirus, Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has extended the lockdown until 3rd May 2020. However, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs on Wednesday, April 15th has issued guidelines for the second phase of the lockdown to curb the spread of COVID-19. Here we are providing you with the guidelines as released for the second phase of the lockdown in India.
Lockdown Guidelines: Lockdown 2.0 Guidelines
The Home Ministry today issued guidelines for lockdown 2.0 allowing certain sectors to function from 20 April in order to ease public hardship in the wake of coronavirus outbreak. “The objective of the revised guidelines is to consolidate the gains achieved during the 1st phase of lockdown and further slow down the spread of COVID-19 and at the same time provide relief to farmers and labor and daily wage earners,” the government said in a release.
Guidelines For COVID 19 Lockdown
- Agricultural, horticultural, farming, procurement of agri products and ‘mandis’ is allowed after April 20.
- Spitting in public places shall be punishable with a fine.
- The use of homemade face covers at work place and public places has been made mandatory.
- The offices have been asked to provide sanitisers, run staggered shifts, ensure access control and put in place thermal screening.
- Agencies engaged in the procurement of agriculture products, including MSP operations shall remain open.
- Intra and inter-state movement of harvesting and sowing related machines like combined harvester and other agriculture/horticulture implements are allowed.
COVID 19 Guidelines: Activities Prohibited Till May 3
- Travel by air, rail and road will not be allowed with exceptions to certain emergency services.
- Industrial and commercial activities, hospitality services, cinema halls, and shopping complexes will remain closed.
- Hospitality Services to remain suspended
- Operation of educational and training institutions shall remain suspended.
- Public places like cinema halls, malls, shopping complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, bars will also be shut.
- In case of religious funerals, not more than 20 people are allowed.
- All social, political and other events and opening of all religious places will remain closed till the time the lockdown is in force.
India has recorded over 11,000 Covid-19 infections with a record single day increase of 1,463 cases in 24 hours, ending Tuesday night, April 14th.
You may also like to read: