Punjab Civil Service Recruitment 2020-21: Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has announced the exam date for the Mains Exam and will be releasing the admit card for the same on 26th March 2021. The candidates who have qualified in the Prelims Exam can apply for Mains Exam before 22nd March 2021. The PPSC Civil Service Mains Exam has been scheduled from 01st April to 08th April 2021. The total number of vacancies released by the authority is 75 vacancies that are released for various posts. The recruitment will be conducted through Prelims, Mains, and Interview. The interested candidates can go through the complete notification.
Punjab Civil Service Recruitment 2020-21: Overview
|Punjab Civil Service Recruitment 2020-21|
|Organization||Punjab Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Punjab State Civil Service Exam|
|Online Registration||12th December to 30th December 2020|
|Category||Punjab Govt. Jobs|
|Mains Exam Date||01st to 08th April 2021|
Punjab Civil Service Recruitment 2020-21: Important Dates
|Starting Date for Apply Online||12th December 2020|
|Closing Date for Apply Online||30th December 2020|
|Last date Depositing Application Fee||06th January 2021|
|Admit Card Available||29th January 2021|
|Written Exam (Paper-I & Paper-II)||13th February 2021|
|Prelims Result Date||12th March 2021|
|Mains Online Form 2021||12th March to 22nd March 2021|
|Mains Admit Card 2021||26th March 2021|
|Mains Written Examination||01st to 08th April 2021|
Punjab PCS Recruitment 2020-21: Vacancy Details
|SNo||Post Name||Vacancy Details|
|1||Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)||20|
|2||Deputy Superintendent of Police||26|
|4||Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officers||02|
|5||Block Development & Panchayat Officer||02|
|6||Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Society||04|
|7||labour and Conciliation Officer||01|
|8||Employment Generation & Training Officer||06|
|9||Deputy Superintendent Jails/District Probation Officer (Grade-II)||10|
Punjab PCS 2020-21 Notification PDF
Lakhs of candidates have been preparing for Punjab PCS recruitment which will be conducted through a Combined Competitive Exam which is further divided into 3 stages. Read the complete notification pdf for detailed information about vacancy, exam pattern and syllabus.
Punjab PCS Recruitment 2020-21: Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- He/She must have passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in the Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time
Age Limit (as on 01/01/2020)
The candidate should have to be of age limit between 21 to 37 years (Age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per government norms)
- The Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 42 years for SC and BC of Punjab only in case of other services except for Punjab Police Service and Punjab Prisons Service.
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 42 years for Widows, Divorced women and certain other Categories of women
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 45 years for Punjab Govt. and its Board/Corporation/Commission and Authorities employees, all States/ Central Government employees. However, there is no age relaxation permissible for Punjab Police Service.
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 47 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab only.
Punjab Civil Service Selection Process
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the three stages:
- Prelims – 2 papers – objective type questions (MCQs)
- Mains – 8 papers – essay/descriptive type
- Interview/Personality Test
|For SC/ST all states and Backward Classes of Punjab State Only||₹1125/- (Rs.500 Online Application Charges + Rs.625/- Exam Fee)|
|Ex-Serviceman of Punjab State Only||₹500/- (Only Online Application Charges)|
|All Other Categories (including Lineal Descendant of Ex-serviceman, Punjab)||₹3000/- (Rs.500 Online Application Charges + Rs.2500/- Exam Fee)|
|For PWD (Punjab State)||₹1750/- (Rs.500 Online Application Charges + Rs.1250/- Exam Fee)|
Steps to Apply for Punjab Civil Service Recruitment 2020-21
- Click on the official link, provided below.
- Click on the Apply link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Click on New Registration in the application window.
- Provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number etc.
- Click on the submit button to the completed online registration form of Punjab PCS.
- After the Registration, a Registration ID and a password will be sent to your mobile no. and email id.
- Login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration for Punjab PCS 2020.
- Upload your photograph and signature following the requisites mentioned below.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- After uploading the photograph and signature the candidates will be required to verify the details. Preview and verify the application form carefully.
- Lastly, pay the required application fee online.
Apply Online For Punjab PCS 2020 Exam
The link to apply is given below. It is advised that the candidates keep a valid contact no. and email id throughout the recruitment process.
Punjab PCS Exam Pattern 2020-21
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Both the papers will be of Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of paper- 2 hours
- No negative marking
- Bilingual (English & Punjabi)
- Prelims is a screening test to shortlist candidates for the Mains Exam.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks for each Question||Total Marks|
Mains Exam Pattern
- Descriptive in nature
- All papers are compulsory
- Only candidates qualifying all papers will be called for the interview round
|1||Punjabi (in Gurumukhi Script) Compulsory (of 10+2 Standard)||100|
|2||English Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)||100|
|4||General Studies Paper-I (History, Geography and Society)||250|
|5||General Studies Paper-II (Indian Constitution & Polity, Governance and International Relations)||250|
|6||General Studies Paper-III (Economy, Statistics and Security issues)||250|
|7||General Studies Paper-IV (Science & Technology, Environment, Problem Solving and Decision Making)||250|
|Mains Exam Total||1200|
Punjab Civil Service Recruitment 2020-21: FAQs
Q. When is Punjab PCS Mains Exam Scheduled for?
Ans. The Mains exam has been scheduled from 01st April to 08th April 2021.
Q. How many vacancies have been released this year for Punjab PCS 2020-21?
Ans. A total of 75 vacancies have been released for Punjab Civil Service Recruitment 2020-21.
Q. How can I apply for Punjab PCS Recruitment 2020-21?
Ans. Visit the official website or directly apply from the link given above.
Q. What is the selection process for Punjab Civil Service Recruitment 2020-21?
Ans. The candidates will be selected on the basis of the Prelims-Mains-Interview Round.
Q. When is Punjab PCS Mains Online Form link available?
Ans. The Punjab PCS Mains Online Form link is active from 12th March 2021 to 22nd March 2021.