Punjab ADO is one of the most sought after jobs in Punjab. It comes with a lucrative salary and many perks. ADO Agriculture is a block-level Agriculture Development Officer of the subordinate service in the state department. He works like as a bridge between the district level officer that is the District Agriculture Officer and the field level functionaries for the transmission of the information regarding the schemes being run by the Agriculture Department in the block. No wonder, the job of an agricultural officer is a job that comes with plenty of responsibilities as well as an amazing pay scale. Here we will enlighten you on Punjab ADO Salary, Perks and benefits, and of course the future growth prospects.
Punjab PSC ADO Salary Structure 2020
Punjab Agriculture Development Officer Structure is described below. The basic pay. Basic pay of Rs. 15600/- per month in the scale of Rs. 15600-39100+5400 Grade Pay and other admissible allowances as per rules will be given. The maximum salary of Punjab ADO earned without promotion is Rs. 39100.
Punjab PSC ADO Allowances in Salary Slip
Punjab ADO’s salary slip includes a number of allowances, basic pay, and gratuity. The salary is a huge motivation for candidates to score well and clear the exam. The Type of Allowances of Punjab ADO Salary will include:
- Graduation Increment
- House Rent Allowance & City Compensatory Allowance
- Defined Contributory Pension
- Cash Medical Benefit
- Family Medi-claim
- Personal Accident Insurance
The allowances depend upon the classification of the City.
Punjab ADO Job Profile: Roles and Responsibilities
The Punjab ADO Roles and Responsibilities is discussed here.
- He is the coordinator of the agricultural activities going on in different villages of the block through the field level workers called Technical Assistants, ATMs and BTMs.
- He acts like a bridge between the district level officer that is the District Agriculture Officer and the field level functionaries for the transmission of the information regarding the schemes being run by the Agriculture Department in the block.
- He also collects feedback from the farmers on different schemes of the department and supervises different extension activities through the Kisan ghosties, Melas and other interactive programs like farmers and scientist interaction programs, etc.
- He has a vital role to play in the implementation of the farmer-centric programs.
What After Punjab ADO Selection?
After selection of candidates as an Agriculture Development Officer, and successful completion of training, candidates will be kept on probation for a period of three years at assigned places in Punjab. No request for any change/transfer will be entertained by the appointed candidates. Selected candidates will be governed by Govt. of Punjab Department of Finance and Govt. of Punjab Department of Personnel Chandigarh. The candidates will be required to work responsibly for the work of ADO as and when required by the Office.
Candidates can check more Punjab government jobs by clicking on the link provided below.