PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021
PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021: Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is inviting online applications for the post of veterinary officer in the department of animal husbandry, fisheries and dairy development under the Government of Punjab. Interested candidates can apply online from 19th December 2021. The last date to submit online applications is 10th December 2021. The candidates must bookmark this article for details related to vacancy, eligibility criteria, selection process and salary.
PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 – Overview
PPSC has released 353 vacancies for the post of Veterinary Officer on its official website as per the recruitment notification published on 18th November 2021. Online applications have started on 19th November 2021. Interested candidates who wish to apply for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 can refer to the table given below for more information:
|Name of Conducting Body||Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)|
|Number of Vacancies||353|
|Name of Post||Veterinary Officer|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Starting Date of Online Application||19th November 2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||10th December 2021|
|Last Date of Fee Deposit||20th December 2021|
|Selection Process||Written Exam & Interview|
|Job Category||Govt. job|
PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment Notification
The candidates applying online for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 must read all the details and instructions specified in the notification before filling the online application form. The recruitment notification is available on the official website and can be downloaded from the link provided below:
PPSC Veterinary Officer Vacancies
PPSC has released a total of 353 vacancies for the post of Veterinary Officer. The vacancy distribution table is given below:
|Category Code||Categories||Total Vacancies||Women Candidates (Out of Total Vacancies)|
|74||Wards of Freedom Fighter||03||01|
|76||Person with Disability||16||06|
|77||Scheduled Castes (Others)||35||14|
|80||SC (Others) Sports Persons||02||—|
|82/83||Balmiki/Mazbhi Sikhs ESM/LDESM||07||—|
|84||Balmiki/Mazbhi Sikhs Sports Persons||02||—|
|86/87||Backward Classes Ex-Serviceman/LDESM||07||—|
|92||General Economically Weaker Sections||35||11|
PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 – Application Link
The online applications for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 start on 19th November 2021. The candidates can apply online for the post of Veterinary Officer by clicking on the link given below:
Steps to Apply Online for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021
The candidates can follow the steps given below to apply online for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021:
- Visit the official website @ppsc.gov.in or click on the link above to apply online.
- The registration will appear on the screen with 5 sections: Basic Details, Contact Details, Category Details, Qualifications & Other Details.
- In the Basic Details section, select the post you are applying for from the drop-down menu. Enter all the necessary details carefully and click on Next.
- The candidate will receive login credentials on his email id.
- In the Contact Details section, the candidate will enter details related to communication (address). Check details and click on Next.
- In the Category Details section, the candidate will enter details related to the category with respect to the category code as mentioned in the vacancy table.
- Next, the candidate will enter details related to Qualifications.
- In the Other Details section, the candidate will enter additional details to complete the application process.
- To make payment, the candidate has to print the bank challan form by clicking on Print Bank Challan by entering Registration No., Password and Date of Birth. Fill in the Captcha Code and click on Login. The candidate must make the payment by visiting the Bank branch.
- To edit/print the application form, the candidate will enter the Registration No., Password, Date of Birth and the Captcha Code.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
The candidates must deposit the application fee from 19th November to 20th December 2021. The application fee for various categories is given below:
|Category||Online Application Charge||Exam Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes||500/-||250/-||750/-|
|Ex-Serviceman||500/-||No Fee to be Paid||500/-|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and Lineal
Descendants of Ex-Serviceman (LDESM)
|500/-||No Fee to be Paid||500/-|
|All Other Categories i.e., General, Sports Persons of Punjab and Wards of Freedom
PPSC Veterinary Officer Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 must ensure that they hold the eligibility conditions for the post of Veterinary Officer before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
The candidate must be either
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Home Affairs and Justice.
The educational qualifications of the veterinary officer are as follows:
- The candidate should possess Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry from a University recognized by the Veterinary Council of India, and
- The candidate should be registered with the Punjab Veterinary Council.
- Matric in Punjabi language or its equivalent standard is essential.
- The candidates MUST possess the requisite qualification before or by 10th December 2021.
Age Limit (as of 01/01/2021)
The age limit for the post of the Veterinary Officer is as follows:
- Minimum Age: 18 years.
- Maximum Age: 37 years.
|Category||Age Relaxation (Upper Age Limit)|
|Board/Corporation/Commission/States/Central Employees of Punjab Government||45 years|
|Ex-servicemen||Shall be allowed to deduct from his age a period of 3 years in addition to the length of service rendered by him in the armed forces|
|Widows, divorces & other categories of women candidates||42 years|
|People with Disability||47 years|
PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 – Selection Process
The selection process of PPSC Recruitment is as follows:
- The candidates will have to appear in the written exam.
- The candidates who clear the exam will be called for document verification and interview.
- The final result will be prepared after compiling the marks of the written exam and the interview.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 – Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the post of Veterinary Officer is as follows:
|S No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Concerned Subject||100||400||2 Hours|
|2.||Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability and General Knowledge||20||80|
- The exam will be conducted in pen and paper-based mode.
- The questions will be objective in nature.
- Each question carries 4 marks. For every correct answer, the candidate will secure 4 marks.
- The negative marking scheme is 1 mark deducted for a wrong answer.
PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 – Syllabus
The syllabus of Veterinary Officer is as follows:
(A) Concerned Subject
The following topics will be covered in the Concerned Subject section:
- Animal Breeding and Genetics.
- Animal Nutrition.
- Livestock Production and Management.
- Livestock Products Technology.
- Veterinary Anatomy.
- Veterinary Physiology & Biochemistry.
- Veterinary Microbiology.
- Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology.
- Veterinary Parasitology.
- Veterinary Pathology.
- Veterinary Public Health.
- Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension.
- Veterinary Reproduction, Gynaecology & Obstetrics.
- Veterinary Medicine.
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology.
(B) General Knowledge, Mental Ability & Logical Reasoning
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Economic issues.
- Polity issues.
- Environment issues
- Science and Technology.
- History of India with special reference to Indian freedom struggle movement.
- History of Punjab- 14th century onwards.
Logical Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Logical reasoning, analytical and mental ability.
- Basic numerical skills, numbers, magnitudes, percentage, numerical relation appreciation.
- Data analysis, Graphic presentation charts, tables, spreadsheets.
PPSC Veterinary Officer Salary
After the final selection, the candidate will receive monthly remuneration of Rs. 47,600 as a Veterinary Officer.
PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 – FAQ’S
Q. How many vacancies are released by PPSC?
Ans. PPSC has released 353 vacancies for the post of Veterinary Officer.
Q. What is the starting date to apply for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021?
Ans. The starting date to apply for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 is 19th November 2021.
Q. What is the last date to apply for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021?
Ans. The last date to apply for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021 is 10th December 2021.
Q. How to apply for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021?
Ans. Visit the official website or click on the link given this article to apply online for PPSC Veterinary Officer Recruitment 2021.